The WrA Video Game Thread

It’s a good thing I’m a giant weeb that plays with Japanese voices on JRPGs anyway!

1 Like

Same here really mostly because JRPG’s tend to have the same like five actors and i don’t really like them all that much.

Dragon’s dogma is as delightfully jank as i remember it. Engaged a cyclops on a cliff and it proceeded to try and body slam one of my pawns and flew off a cliff where in which every single pawn i had leaped after it into the water to their deaths.

Dont remember if this was linked here or not but its worth another link even if it was.

Dragon’s Dogma made one of the best game design choices that has never been repeated, and that makes me sad.

Make your own character.

Make their sidekick.

If you’re a big, hulking brute, you can pick up your sidekick, fling them over your shoulder and RLF to get out of combat.

If you’re a dinky little thing and you made a big hulking brute to be your meatshield, hey, congrats, their size means they literally grant you cover.

There were so many ways to have fun with this mechanic. My giant, hairy, fat Wizard would periodically have to grab my tiny little fighter henchwoman and just book it because of how janky the mechanics would get and my Henchling’s suicidal tendencies would often get the better of her.

But imagine a game like there where you had multiple playable characters that you could flick between, and you could build and sculpt them for similar hijinks? A bank of murders midgets, a troupe of Absolute Units, stuff like that makes me smile.

Even better, imagine a game where you could craft your minions, but if you mistreat them, they could leave. Imagine building a perfect team for your munchkin character and they all leave and end up working alongside your enemy instead, and now you’re having to face this team of Super-Murder-Hobos that worked not only great for you, but now work even better against you now that they all function under a single unified AI?

1 Like

I want Dragon’s dogma with actual non-jank AI

i don’t ask for much.

I’ll ask for more. It was a very cool game but in retrospect and a couple play throughs there were a bunch of things that just weren’t… good.

I’m a mentor in final fantasy now.

Carte Blanche to be a jerk to people now.

1 Like

Oh no my expectations for people with crowns near their name was already so hiiihghhahahhaah.

Adamantoise has a pretty good Novice network it really helped repair my opinion of mentors in general honestly.

In case anyone is interested in The Sims 4 but hasn’t already bought it. :nerd_face:

2 Likes
  • Shadowbringers

• Final Fantasy 15

• Let’s Go Pikachu

1 Like

FF Is being hit by a DDOS Apparently

Oof. Ive just been playing monster hunter world and city of heroes lately

Hollow Knight is great and i’ve also played a ton of Auto Chess recently just had a game where I had 5 3 stars in a mage comp before i saw a single kotl

Sekiro. On NG 2, Working on the Homecoming ending and Owl (Father) is traaaasssssshing my faccccceeeee

The big combat changes Live Letter for FFXIV is this afternoon and I am DYING for it. I’m one level short of having all the PvE Jobs to level 70, and I need an idea of what plays like what so I can settle on what to focus in the expansion (that’s about a month away now).

For those who didnt watch the Live Letter the Shadowbringers Benchmark is now live so you can play around with the character creation for Hrothgar and Viera as well as make sure your toaster can run it

2 Likes

Tested everything on max settings and Im good :grinning:

With the need for a new car, paying for my grandmother’s hospital costs and the usual duckery going on, not going to be able to get a new PC tower anytime soon, so it’s time to grab some PS4 games.

Gonna grab the Conan:Exiles ‘Deluxe’ version and get my swords-and-sorcery fix from that, since even booting up WoW or even Steam these days causes my Tower to automatically shut down. And suggestions on any other fantasy and/or RPG games that aren’t looter-shooters or COD-style games?

I’m bound by an oath to Tyr to recommend Nethack, but that’s never really what people who ask this question are looking for.

I dunno - Shadowrun is a lot of fun, but I’m sure you’ve played those already.