The WrA Video Game Thread

I’m sorry Bae but I don’t think you’ll ever understand how this is in no way competition. Not with that line of thinking.

There’s a way to make sure none of these practices happen again, of course, but a lot of people aren’t going to like it.

1 Like

No, apparently we’re all steam shills that want to worship the ground Gabe Newell walks on for overlord steam! All hail steam!

1 Like

in the utopia of communist gamers we will be allowed to mog pants invisible prolegamerat rise up

yes. this is “competition” as people want it. Epic is using their leverage to their advantage exactly as capitalism allows. Epic is paying people to put their games on the Epic launcher exclusively? that’s capitalism. that’s “”“competition”"" like we’ve had for decades.

yeah but no one here likes this capitalism to begin with

2 Likes

that’s why Ursuola is talking about unionizing and stuff, but that kind of thing gets shouted down A Lot.

Unions would be nice.

1 Like

Competition is offering incentives to use your service and enticing people with deals/better quality/etc.

Selfishness is yanking third party games to your crappy platform despite all the backlash just because you can.

4 Likes

I’d be down for unionizing and regulation, honestly.

4 Likes

I’m just thankful that nothing of value so far is going to be an epic exclusive.

2 Likes

like, people are mad about Epic exclusives (even though we’ve had Steam exclusives and console exclusive for decades) but when the alternative is unionizing and giving workers what they deserve and stuff like that – people don’t actually want it, because it means longer development times and higher prices.

selfishness? We’re talking about rival megacorporations that bring in billions of dollars a year. it’s literally 100% selfishness all the time.

1 Like

Also getting rid of launcher exclusives in this particular form because it’s kind of a sketchy practice.

4 Likes

Some people don’t want it. Unless you’re telling us what we do and don’t want, which would be absolutely hilarious and very blizzard of you.

1 Like

console exclusives r just platform pants measuring contests

they’re dumb

1 Like

Cough cough what union cough cough.

3 Likes

I recently picked up a Nintendo Switch in honor of my late uncle who was a huge Nintendo fan. Time had kept me from getting one earlier and picking up LoZ BoTW.

Aside from that I’ve also picked up Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and the Mario Kart 8 game when the Zelda game gets a little to hard to play (not difficulty wise, but more so emotionally)

Aside from those 3 games I have currently are there any other games you all would recommend for the switch that are either currently out or will be coming out?

“look at me im so cool cause i pay an extra 15 dollars a month to be able to play online but at least i have E X C L U S I V E A C C E S S to HALO o h o h o h o im cool”

Smash Ultimate, Mega Man 11, the Mega Man X Legacy Collections 1 and 2, Splatoon 2, and Darkest Dungeon are my recommendations.

Definitely Octopath Traveler if you like that sort of game.

Also Super Mario Odyssey if you like Platformers is the best 3d Platformer since Super Mario Galaxy.