The WrA Video Game Thread

ESO is free this week and since it’s my first Elder Scrolls game I’m just sort of flailing around. I found a decent interface guide for newbies so hopefully some tweaks will help.

Meanwhile, my son wanted to mess around in the game and I was like “well I’m in a city so he can’t get in trouble”.

He immediately shot an NPC.

4 Likes

Reminds me of when I first played and accidentally smacked a guard in the face.

They didn’t care that it wasn’t intentional, naturally.

1 Like

One of us
One of us
One of us
One of us

1 Like

If anyone has some “first hour” tips for Outward I’d love to hear them. That dang ole bill I have to foot is harshing my buzz and hanging over me and I feel like I’m just flailing about till it clicks.

Check the beach.

FFXVI Alchemy level 50 quest.

Saw where the story was headed from six hundred miles away but still my feels.

1 Like

I haven’t played this one but from what I understand it’s similar to the SNES game, which I love.

One of the best SF games in my opinion. I lost a lot of cash to this at the arcade.

13 didn’t get a fair shake. The complete package is a pretty good game and honestly nowhere near as bad as people say. The main issue is the first 10 hours, which doesn’t give you your full party or completely unlocked classes to upgrade. Once you have these the game is immensely more fun and interesting to play.

It was a long and interesting way through that mountain, but I made it to the ley line!

I should point out, though, that FF13-2 sucks. I never got around to playing Lightning Returns but I heard it was okay.

Does ff13 ever open up beyond running down corridors? I didnt get more than ten hrs in admittedly, but it was the claustrophobic world which was the dealbreaker for me, not the combat mechanics

It does, right about the same time party/leveling restrictions are lifted, you make it to the more open areas of Gran Pulse. It’s still a bit linear, but the world is more open and you’re not stuck in metal corridors anymore.

1 Like

I got the machete and fishing spear and decided that fishing was probably the best way to make money since fish sell for like 4 gold

then i tried to leave the town and find a new beach to fish at i got attacked by hyenas who knocked me out and dragged me back to their cave

while stumbling around lost i got attacked by the same pack of hyenas who proceeded to then drag me back to the same cave

i can only assume they have adopted me as one of their own. this is my life now.

5 Likes

In the city, right beneath your lighthouse, there is a little storage area for the town. Check that out.

li-ehgt…hoo-use? sorry but i am only a small hyena child i know nothing of such human constructs

big glowy tower in man den

day 13: still in this dark cave. ran out of torches. i was supposed to pay someone like 150 bucks but use hyenas have no concept of money so its all good

2 Likes

CATCH A RIIIIIIDE

Centence someplete.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

A very interesting article from Jason Schreier discussing the internal issues that led to Anthem’s lackluster state and similarly lackluster reception. Nothing here is particularly surprising to anyone with, you know, eyes, but it’s still a good read. I got a good laugh over Anthem’s directors mandating that the game be made “unmemeable” following the Andromeda kerfuffle.

Ahh, the classic Streisand effect. Works all the time, except for all the occasions that it diddn’t.

Borderlands 1 and 2 Scooter.
Try guessing this these two

" Roper 1 was lost along with the Mission. Not it was the load worth protecting."
“Count one more to go.”