The WrA Video Game Thread

it seems Ythisens was a casualty of the 800 or so employees ActiBlizz fired.

Wasnt he pretty much the only CM that actively interacted with the community?

2 Likes

Basically. Everyone is really mad that Ythisens got let go but Lore didn’t.

Which, to be fair to that guy, I wouldn’t want to stream the game I work on all day either.

I got back into Elder Scrolls Online (surprise) moreso than my joking “I’m just here to shill for ESO” and they’re making a lot of turns towards an even better experience.

Also Cyrodiil is fun as heckers if you don’t get caught by the random lag gremlins and is everything I ever wanted in WPvP including consistent, persistent objectives, having to maintain them, and even little things like “Oh you hold this area? You get more quests you can do now!”

1 Like

Nintendo Direct today in about 3 hours, I believe. According to articles I’ve read we should be getting news on the new Fire Emblem (Three Houses) for sure, and I would assume one last toot about Yoshi’s Crafted World.

I really hope we also get some news on the next Smash fighter post-Joker, and I’d love to hear about the Animal Crossing game for Switch.

2 Likes

I want Mega Man X for Smash pls

thats a weird way to say Pokemon Switch or Riot

incidentally i finally got my ethernet kit in the mail for my switch

i cant wait to get beaten into a pulp in smash with no lag

I dunno, I want to be excited and I’m curious what a Pokemon game on a non-handheld will be like, but Let’s Go! was the first Pokemon title I’ve had fun with in forever.

lets go was a fun romp in kanto but id be lying if i said i didnt utterly loathe the forced joycon integration and hope that doesnt stay

plus with lets go being a weird, watered down game with half the mechanics missing my general hope is that 8th gen will be a challenging, more mature game now that theres a comparable ‘easy mode’ game available alongside it

i know id love a hard mode for the general story

1 Like

Yeah, ESO, FFXIV, and GW2 are definitely my main MMOs now.

Haven’t logged onto WoW in a while.

This was the worst part for me too. I’m not huge on motion controls and it never felt like the Pokeball went where I wanted it to each throw.

I do hope they put some new life into the series with this upcoming gen, I’d really like to enjoy the main titles again.

I’d love to get my group of friends to rotate around the various MMOs. It would be cool to do 1-2 days a week in each game. Unfortunately, I can’t persuade them all.

This is pretty much what I do. I’m on an FFXIV kick but after a while I may go back to ESO or GW2 for a while.

It’s a great way to not get burnt out on an MMO

I used to rotate MMOs by playing one of my big three until I felt burned out on it and then moving to the next on the list.

Now Wildstar is gone, SWTOR hasn’t held any interest for me in a couple of years, and, well…Warcraft is what it is these days.

Maybe I should move on to the FF14/ESO/GW2 circuit. It seems to be working for some of you.

IMO they are definitely the three best out there (including WoW).

Both ESO (through general Elder Scrolls stuff) and FF14 (because the writers sometimes have weird ideas) have some… questionable things.

The vampire stuff with Molag Bal comes to mind for TES, and the not-so-subtle references to being “defiled” and stuff in FF14 leave a lot to be desired too.

(now that WoW was free of that stuff either, mind you)

Ul’Dah in FFXIV has some pretty hefty refugee politics getting flung around, too.

True.

The Daughter of Coldharbor stuff is…well it’s a thing. At the very least Bethesda seems to have the decency not to shove r@!% in our face whenever they want to shock people like Blizzard seems to want to do with Genocide

I want to say those attitudes are presented as bad things, and they kind of are, but it’s also just “the way it is.”

Yeah, I want to say it’s not done in poor taste, but it’s been awhile since I’ve done ARR content so I might be forgetting things. There’s a lot to that storyline, too. You see the refugee’s side in Little Ala Mhigo, and then there’s the whole culmination of their plight against the Empire in Stormblood that I won’t dive into because spoilers.

I think it mostly comes off as bad because the people who are against letting in the Domans use the exact same phrases about handouts and “don’t you know they’re criminals!” and stuff that we hear all the time irl.