The WrA Video Game Thread

MMOs are scavenger animals

I have a mighty need

1 Like

Nothing quite like the feeling of a zombie shambling in your direction ten feet from you and because you’re a massive loser you whiff 5 shots at what basically amounts to point blank

I decided to buy a 2DS along with Fire Emblem: Fates, Bravely Second and the new Etrian Odyssey. Sadly it doesn’t get here until tomorrow evening, and I’ll be sitting at work with nothing to do the today and tomorrow.

Also, someone posted the final look of the Eureka weapons in FFXIV and hoo boy they are ugly. Glad I didn’t rush to get those done.

I have weakened and re-bought FF XIV … and I had forgotten the sheer eye-gouging hair-tearing ulcer-inducing rage that is trying to navigate their pants-on-heads backwards login system.

Gonna have to wait till tomorrow to try again because they WILL NOT let you play without an authenticator and apparently my google account, my phone and their app do not play well together in the same way fire, high explosives and violently misbehaving children do not play well together.

Gonna hope that Krenk Nu’boi still plays well. My poor little Miqoute or however it’s spelled has been floating in limbo since 2013 …

It wont let you log on without an authenticator? Did you have one attached before redownloading it? Because I’ve never had one and it doesnt ask me to set one up.

My new game came.

It’s in a big fancy box that i am trying to open without damaging

I decided to buy Kingdom Hearts 3. The first 30 minute was Sora being unlikable, then magically becoming likable again. Then becoming periodically unlikable.

Teenagers, man.

That’s most JRPG protagonists, to be fair.

“This guy is kinda cool.”
“Wait, no, he’s awful.”
“Oh, now he’s being cool again.”
“Did he seriously just say ‘Let’s mosey’.”

5 Likes

KH3 was… A game.

I’ll forgive him for it, because -oh my god- the game is unreasonably gorgeous. I still suck at the combat, but I’m getting used to it too. Really it’s just a matter of translating my special brand of headbutting the controller until it obeys me and I win.

1 Like

You press X until you press Triangle then sometimes you press X again.

1 Like

Basically. I never really even know what’s going on, I’m just… button-mashing to be honest and watching cool things happen. I’m okay with that.

Oh, I also learned that I can’t play this game on the big screen in the living room cri. It strains my eyes not being close to the screen. It’s not even that far away, but c’mon!

Yeah, this is basically it. Combat is super flashy and looks cool, at least until the camera gets anchored somewhere terrible because of the Ride you just summoned (I’m looking at you, Carousel). The constant interruptions to watch Keyblade form changes are a little annoying too once you’re deep into the game.

I’m nearly done with it, and as much as I had thought I’d go superboss/ultimate weapon hunting when I bought the game, I think I’ll be content just finishing it.

Pegasus. I will destroy you, bird-horse.

The only positive I can say about the weapon form transitions and their eight hundred cutscenes is, free Iframes.

Oh for sure, they’re a great way to help with the last couple worlds when you’re stuck against enemies that seem to input-read you while Donald twiddles his thumbs on top of that pile of Hi-Potions in his bags.

The Monsters Inc and Pirates of the Caribbean blades are easily my favorites, PotC especially because the spear and flag have ridiculous range without slowing Sora down at all.

Big agreement there. I just wish the actual keyblades this game didn’t look so… Bland.

Zidane is still by far the best jrpg protaganist

Zidane wasn’t even the best protagonist in his own game.