The WrA Video Game Thread

I played Legends for a bit when it was in Open Beta/initially launched. Even by the time the Dark Brotherhood set released, they seemed to be hugging the Hearthstone model a bit too tightly and I lost interest fairly quickly.

The fact card design was so wildly inconsistent was also a thing. I mean, you understand power creep as a game goes on. But just within the same set there were multiple “tiers” of cards for the same cost. Some were just fundamentally better than others.

someone please send a rescue team, Titanfall 2 was given out for free this month as a Playstation Plus game and no one has seen me since

1 Like

It’s hella fun. Enjoy that!

2 Likes

why does your character’s underwear matter, exactly

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

GimmeGimmeGimmeGimme

2 Likes

Resident Evil VIII when? I’m not interested in companies serving re-heated leftovers of games gone-by. Resident Evil VII was amazing and I want more of THAT.

2 Likes

The RE2 remake was a perfect Remake. Its practically a different game.

I cannot wait to see how they do RE3

2 Likes

I am actually not against them giving us the older games in a new format, after all the series is quite old, especially if they used the 7th game as a ‘soft reboot’ for what happened after the 1-6th games, but I do wonder where they’re going to go after lucky number 7?

We’ve now got different Bio-Companies producing different Bio-Weapons. The G, T, Successor and other viruses, now the fungal strain, what else?

A pitched battle in a densely populated area between two Bio-Companies, and their respective bio-weapons are clashing in the streets, assimilating and infecting the civilians and police, and worst still, there’s a strange fusion of the two different bio-weapons going on that’s completely out of control, that defies all the ‘normal’ methods of control, and it may be up to the protagonist, his wife and non-evil Fungus-Girl from the Resident Evil 7 game to step in and try to contain the situation before U.M.B.R.E.L.L.A. steps in with the nuclear option to prevent this ‘Hybrid Strain’ from spreading across the world.

1 Like

I am 100% down with Remake Jill’s look. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Im so freaking excited. Full on nostalgia mode now.

First RE2, now RE3, its like Capcom is reaching into my childhood and going, “here we can make these even more awesome”

1 Like

On that note whose ready for the whiny little babies moaning about how she’s not wearing a tube top and skirt?

3 Likes

I’m indifferent to this announcement. I want RE8. RE7 was a return to form for the series, and I’m excited to see where it leads. Unfortunately, these remakes are taking full stage because they’re obviously super easy to pump out by using the RE engine.

RE2 Remake was a flop for me personally. Barely any exploration, no soundtrack, a rush to finish, etc. I think The Completionist really hit the nail on the head with his review of the game. I hope RE3 remake is different, and really shoots for that RE1 style where it’s an advanced remake that actually adds something to the series.

Jill’s new look doesn’t bother me, it’s just a pointless change really. Good to know the original outfits are pre-order bonuses or whatever.

1 Like

I get that some people just arent into the remakes, thats fine different people different opinions and all that. However,

How are you coming up with this? They are basically brand new games. That they are remakes in no way means they are automatically easy to make.

Hard disagree. I think its great that theres an option for Jill to be wearing a practical outfit.

1 Like

Gonna check sword city out. It looks cool.

Also can you elaborate on this complaint? I’m not really sure I understand what you’re referring to.

1 Like

I’m just happy that the engine works, because this is an industry where Bethesda is still taken seriously.

1 Like

Not any longer.

I feel like “they are easy to pump out” says more about his lack of understanding about the complexity of game development than it does anything else.

Its a very puzzling statement considering the RE2 Remake (and I’d wager RE3 as well) are, for all intents and purposes, completely brand new games.

1 Like

Oh, agreed. And I’m a little baffled by the assertion that the RE1 remaster was “more advanced” given that its entire design philosophy was trying to stay as faithful to the feel of the original game as possible (warts and all, with only the most irritating pieces being streamlined), while RE2’s remake fundamentally revamped the core gameplay and upped the cinematic quality so far beyond just giving it a shiny new coat of paint.

It’s one thing to say that you think the first one is better, but I can’t understand watching those two cutscenes and thinking “man, that second one looks so much easier to make!”

2 Likes

Yup.

Too many times Ive seen “Remake” turn out to be “modern graphics”.

IMO RE2 is the gold standard of Remakes. Every core aspect of RE2 is modernized but its still very clearly RE2. Its RE2 if it were made today, thats what I want to see out of remakes.

1 Like