The WrA Video Game Thread

Just picked up Dragon Quest XI and I gotta say, its been a huge blast to play on the Switch. Just beat the remake of LoZ Link’s Awakening and now waiting on Pokemon Shield to come out as everyone else I know is getting sword.

3 Likes

Poison the beer.

1 Like

I just caved to my childhood and got Planet Zoo.

I am not fighting to save the Tapirs because they are endangered.

Okay, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen has won me over.

Did my first Retaliation mission to rescue civilians and discovered the Resistance cell that had been hit was actually fighting back. Yes, this I appreciate.

1 Like

Vigilo confido fren, and welcome to the resistance. What chosen did you get first?

Also ive been playing the hell out of HOI4’s Old World Blues mod and somehow conquered the NCR as New Vegas.

2 Likes

In reference to why it took so long to include Sojourn (the only black female character) in overwatch.

“I personally feel like the right thing to do by the character is still deliver on that story and not just rush her out because the community is upset with us. I tend to find that there’s always a community upset with us over something. I’ve mentioned this before, but the real value of Overwatch inclusivity is the idea that we’re open-minded, that we want everybody to feel welcome into the universe, and the result of that is diversity.”

oof

“Guys, we really can’t rush our characters. Do we have any other ideas?”
“Hey, we have another white dude, but this one doesn’t wear shoes because it makes him look ~craaaaazy~.”
“SHIP IT RIGHT NOW.”

I’m just having an intense laugh at the fact that they referred to delivering on “story”.

My dudes, it took you years to announce a PvE focused product. An, allegedly, completely secondary, second product.

How long does it take to make up those side stories and neat comics? A while, I’m sure. As long as a sequel to your hit, ‘inclusive’, video game? I sincerely doubt.

meanwhile I love MassivelyOPs snark:

"It is worth noting, again, that Overwatch does not actually have any story in-game, nor is there an explained story reason for most of the other additions to the game’s roster beyond “we wanted to do this character next.” (At least Cowboy Jennifer Hale was part of an intro short.) Kaplan also feels the need to stress that the game cannot possibly “represent all the people on the planet,” which brings to mind meetings in which the developers are making sure that the crucial “hypersmart gorilla,” “hamster in a mech suit,” “bird-watching robot,” and “old man barefoot fetishist” demographics are represented.

But, hey, Sojourn does look cool."

2 Likes

On that front remember that at least two characters (Mercy & Ashe) were originally meant to be black. Mercy was a black man and Ashe was a black lady.

They changed both of them into white women.

"We here at Blizzard are thrilled to support diversity and inclusiveness in our video games.

When Marketing gives us the ok."

Havent touched Overwatch in a long while. Aside from Reaper are there any black men on the cast?

Doomfist and Baptiste, I think are the only ones.

I cant stop rolling my eyes and/or laughing at the “oh someones always mad at us” bit.

Oh, I didn’t even realize that was a randomized thing. Neat.

In any event, I got the Assassin first which was a right and proper pain in the nether regions considering I’m playing on Commander Difficulty (Haven’t played the game in two years…completely forgotten all the changes WotC made…YOLO!) and Mox was down to a single bar after being jumped by a double-spawn of Lost during his segment.

I do not like the Assassin, because she counteracts my default strategy of setting up Overwatch killboxes. Things are going to get really interesting once Doctor Vahalen’s little pet projects turn up in addition to the Chosen.

One problem with War of the Chosen I feel is the inclusion of the other resistance outfits kind of makes the base classes pointless. Why would I ever bring along my Sharpshooter (Previously my favorite unit type) when I’ve got Murder-Troi, an arguably better version?

I can’t believe they killed Lucio

I think as long as you don’t enable the the intro mission to wotc it’s random. And imo reapers don’t make sharpshooters pointless because they both have a lot of different abilities.

Anybody have any addictive (immersive? idk what I mean.) casual (or not casual) Steam recommendations that can be run on a more poo poo computer? Like how they build WoW to work on poo poo? Been looking around the Steam store but nothing’s popping out at me. Something multiplayer perhaps? (Asking cuz his thread old af pls dont make me look through it all DX).

Thanks in advance!

I just came back for 15th anniversary but while I was unsub

I am playing:
Destiny 2, ps4
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, pc
Everquest 1, pc
Warframe, pc

Multiplayer “mmorpgs??” off steam:
Everquest 1 or 2. EQ1 has like 100 more people to EQ 2 playing but that not much with 200-500 avg.
Regnum Online, RA server which has the most people. It like a mini Dark age of Camelot. If you think you spend a lot time on the game. Buy a mount.
Maplestory 2 or 1. Maplestory 2 while give you a few many hours of game play. Endgame is a repetitive grind. Raids are easy ish but do have a a bit of mechanics.

Single-player:
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Give you a ton of hours if you just looking to pass time.

Hope this helps. Since you said you have poo poo pc, I remember these game run decent on poo poo pc. Beside Maplestory 2, which I heard is dead, the other two don’t have many people playing compered to MS2.
Steam does have a mmorpg list under your store or games under store.

2 Likes

Metro 2033 And Last Light

2 Likes