The WrA Video Game Thread

I take it back. This game is what happens if Firefly, Mass Effect, and Fallout had a perfect baby.

6 Likes

“If I have to eat one more weird science project passed off as food in this sprat-f*&^ed colony, I’m going to stab someone”

I f(%&ing love The Outer Worlds

1 Like
1 Like

Aight this is going to be a very salty rant but Pokemon was my Childhood and i’m super upset right now.

So for those who don’t follow leaks the entire Pokedex for Sword/Shield was posted a couple hours ago. Back during E3 a very controversial revelation was made that not all Pokemon would be in the game and it would be impossible to obtain them even if you transferred them from an earlier game. Now i’ve been very critical of Gamefreak for a couple gens now and up until Ultra Sun/Moon I had bought every pokemon game but even as early as X and Y I was starting to feel like they were halfassing it.

But as I said the Pokedex for the newest games were leaked…

Imgur

Green is In
Orange is New Form
White is out

Including the 81 new pokemon there are 400/890 pokemon thats 45% of all the Pokemon created over the past 23 years and that is not including Mega Evolutions or the various forms.

For $60 dollars.
On a Console stronger than the 3ds.
Said 3ds had 809 available pokemon as well as said Megas.

Pokemon X and Y were released in 2013 and had 457 pokemon available in the games themselves but you could still obtain the others to get all 720 Pokemon introduced by that Generation.

I want to also make clear I’m not saying “Oh I only want to use the Old pokemon idc about the new stuff” my first playthrough of a new game was always with the newer pokemon first. But if I were to play Sword I could do that but I cannot make a team of any new favorites with my ol’ reliable mons.

So one of the excuses Gamefreak made when this Dex Pruning was revealed was that it would allow them to improve the models and the animations. However the animations in battle are still the blandest and low effort jobs possible; Pokemon fire beams and breath attacks from their Foreheads, a Tail Whip is the pokemon turning around and shaking their rear, a kick attack is a short hop, when a Pokemon takes damage its a short flinch and nothing else, and the newest animations added in Sun/Moon Z moves were culled as well.

Gotta love when your Blastoise with Cannons on its back fires a Hydro Pump from the area in front of his face instead of the Giant cannons.

Speaking of Blastoise you know how Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise are the OG starter trio and have never been separated? Welp Charizard is going solo now and is the only starter from a gen before Sword/Shield available. Because Charizard hasn’t been shilled and forced in our faces constantly. :))))))))

And even if you don’t care about what pokemon are not in the game we still are lacking beloved features from previous games like Following Pokemon (fun fact every pokemon in Sun/Moon had walking/running animations in the game but it was not possible to have them following you), Various minigames like Contests and Pokeathalon, the Battle Frontier, and other minor improvements that only appear once in the series and never again. The worst part is literally the game before these had following pokemon and you could Ride them as well.

I don’t think its wrong of me to expect a Switch game, A console stronger than the 3DS, to not have less features and pokemon. The fact that i’m supposed to pay 20$ more for less is insulting and it infuriates me that games like Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Platinum, and Black2/White 2 are outliers that have exceptional content during the main story as well as after the Post Game.

And you wanna know the worst part?
These games are still going to sell well…
Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company will cash in on the least effort possible because they know people will just mindlessly buy the games and not put them to the fire for putting out an inferior product than the last.

I desperately want this series to reach the heights it should rightfully reach…but Gamefreak just wants to keep it grounded and I guess so does the masses.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/17/169Crobat.png

This is my favorite Pokemon of all time.
Gamefreak forgot about him but I won’t.

6 Likes

I could accept dex pruning if the game was gonna be good, but given they can’t even include past features that made the game worth playing past endgame…

Luigis Mansion 3–so much fun. So animated. So much Luigi.

Smash Bros- can’t wait for that inevitable upcoming direct!

Fire Emblem 3 Houses- A good game! Enjoyable. Combat is pretty fun. Interesting teacher simulator.

DQ11- best RPG (really only RPG) I’ve played in awhile. And I’m barely starting the game.

Wha…um, Crobat is in that Dex Graphic. 7 rows in and 7 rows down.

As for me, my boy Whismur is there. That’s all I care about.

Green is in, Orange is new form, and White is out I’ll edit it to include that

Whismur line isn’t in unfortunately

1 Like

Well then…loads shotgun

But in all seriousness, I see Bisharp and Malamar. Combine that with the new Pokemon and I’m still going to have fun with the game. I can always go back to Sun/Moon if I want some of the other favorites (It’ll be a cold day in Hell before I load up Ultra Sun/Moon again. What an absolute crap-the-bed “update”).

GALARIAN YAMASK AND ITS EVOLUTION ARE TIGHT AS HELL. I haven’t seen Cofagrigus itself yet so I don’t know if they’ve changed it or not. But it gets an additional evo and it is NEAT

In other gaming news, I managed to pick up War of the Chosen for XCOM 2 (Also known as XCOM 2: The Next Generation going by the new voice actors…).

I’m still not sure how I feel about all the new changes. XCOM 2 and I have a weird relationship. I adored XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Had an amazing campaign experience (Long story. Short version - by sheer coincidence, I managed to make XCOM: Enemy Unknown’s ending have a lot more emotional weight behind it then it otherwise would have), but Enemy Within never grabbed me and then XCOM 2 comes along and surprise…it was all a simulation. XCOM lost.

I don’t think I ever really forgave XCOM 2 for invalidating my XCOM: EU experience.

bought a switch a bit back and have greatly enjoyed playing mario/zelda/smash/fire emblem and figured that the next pokemon game would be just as impressive but it’s literally worse than a handheld game

gamefreak is operated by semi-sapient ghost peppers

3 Likes

Oof. That Galar Dex really hurts. They kept most of my favorites like Mawile in, but I can’t imagine a world of Pokemon without having Dratini or Blastoise in it. I really want to play the new one, but I think I might hold off for a bit now if that’s how they’re going to play it.

1 Like

I mean, we live in a world of DLC content. Pokemon packs based on various generations seem like sure fire moneymakers. I know Nintendo has avoided the DLC-content culture of gaming as of yet, but it’d be incredibly easy money for them.

Desperately looked through the list. The Luxray line is in white.

No Luxray, no buys.

I had mentioned to Chungus that I would be going into maintenance mode in ARK.

She managed to sweet talk the mods into making me part of her Clan while I was at work.
emphasized text
Logged in last night to find my cave base in the desert overrun with Vikings drinking my beer and riding my sheep all over the place.

Apparently they Love the location and are planning on knocking down the big stone wall I built to blockade off the easily accessible entrance to put in a Titan Gate so their Rexes can come inside.

At least all of my tames are alive and not being bred willy-nilly but Costa De Nope is full of Drunken Vikings and I am filled with concern about how long my beer supplies will last .

I mean, you couldn’t use Luxray in X/Y or Sun/Moon prior to completing the story and getting the National Dex. Now you’ll just have to wait for the inevitable “Sinnoh Dex” DLC.

Finally finished Outer Worlds and the best part of the whole game was making Ellie look civilized.

Best part for me was giving Parvati the happy ending she deserved

I was just informed that my refund of a certain game has been approved.

Now to blow that cash on something unnecessary because I need something to perk me up. Probably a WoW mount or pet.

Also the Vikings are jousting each other ontop of my sheep.

Irritated Marge Simpson Noises