The Worst Grind, Ever; Blood of the Enemy

Blood of the enemy is the pinnacle of forced content to play in a completely unrelated field.

This is the single worst and most awful grind I have ever had to do in my gaming life. I used to like PVP, I have several gladiator titles - but you have lost control of this game beyond words, IT IS NOT FUN AT ALL. So I don’t even bother PVP’ing aside from capping to hope for corrupts.

This is also a glaring example of how far out of touch the dev team is with this game. 30k honor as Horde results in you sitting in town like a derp in excess of 30+mins for random bg (as you cannot app for M+ while in queue) and then hoping your team isn’t a bunch of 80k hp boosts to get ~800 honor… of the 30,000 you need. That means you’d spend ~40 straight hours playing this game (assuming you wait 30 mins for a queue and spend ~15-20 mins in bg, GOD HELP U IF U GET WINTERSPOOP) And thats IFFFFF you win all of them…

Screw testing, do you even do the simple math to understand how absurd this is? Lol, im on Covid break and even I cant stand this. How can someone with a normal job even get this essence to R3?.

I know you can do merc and queue alliance - but its even worse. 3min per queue for like 20 honor because you cant even leave spawn lol.

I pray to Zeus shadowlands is better.

2 Likes

You think blood of the enemy is bad?

Conflict and strife is worse

way worse

also it’s 30k not 40k

also yes, screw that blood of the enemy grind too

1 Like

Oh dude, its awful. Like why do i have to get 500 conq? why cant i just get to 1800 play a game, wait a week. Stop forcing your garbage content down peoples throat. Your Arena tourneys get less views than a cooking stream - clearly no one is interested.

edit: also thanks for the 30k correction

Blood of the enemy? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I got rank 3 on multiple characters, but then again I genuinely enjoy playing random bgs so I don’t really consider it a “grind”. I also do lots of bgs, so the honor points pile up in no time at all.

For me I’ll just be playing bgs and then randomly see that I got “Battlefield Tactician” achievement, then I think to myself “hmmmm, that’s nice”.

Conflict and Strife is a worse grind imo, since arena is harder than just spamming bgs.

1 Like

Jesus, god bless you my man. I cannot do it lol.

1 Like

Well i mean horde have overwhelming numbers vs alliance, of course it’s gonna be easier for horde characters to get it.

I’ve done like 3 PvP islands and ran into tripple tank teams that just pull the whole island and avoid PvP. Don’t even have rank 2 :joy:

Thankfully it’s mostly a pve bis essence… Maybe gimmicky stuff in PvP but meh. Stupid grinds though :roll_eyes: would love to just que up and get my gear every week lol…

1 Like

False, all PvP gearing is.

Having to PvP for one essence is annoying if you don’t want to PvP, I agree.

Now imagine feeling like you have to do something you don’t want to for almost all of your gear. That is what PvP gearing is like.

3 Likes

I think Vitality Conduit might be worse.

You need 9 tokens for rank 1, 18 tokens for rank 2, and 36 tokens for rank 3.

If you get the tokens via 3 LFRs each week, you need 3 weeks for rank 1, 6 weeks for rank 2, and 12 weeks for rank 3.

So, 21 weeks in total.

1 Like

You mean the one from the azshara raid?

I know that feel, hell, finding an LFR group for the essence alone is hard enough, much less a co odinated one.

You’d honestly have a better time looking in the group finder instead for one, higher levels of the raid and more of the tokens in a week, I think you get like 12 on mythic

1 Like

/tinyviolin

IMO in shadowlands gear should only come from random bgs, literally. nothing but low ilvl trash should drop from raids, M+, and arena. that way everyone else who thinks grinding bgs for BotE is hard would get a real taste of what BfA gearing has been like for pvpers.

4 Likes

Not really. Alliance get bonus honor and shorter queues. It would actually be a quicker grind as Alliance, win or lose.

1 Like

Neither gearing or getting that essence are hard.

1 Like

difficulty is relative to the player, but it is also not the point. the point is that to gear for pvp, you need to pve. i say reverse it, for everyone.

of course while we are wishing in one hand, might as well wish for all devs and acti/blizzard employees to be banned from any/all pvp as well. we don’t need anymore classes rage nerfed by salty devs who got their butt kicked in WG trying to 1v1 a clearly superior opponent.

Just some world quests is all you have to do. Can do that while sitting in queue.

1 Like

its not about the effort.

You post this but say it’s not about the effort. Yea okay.

1 Like

the issue with gearing isn’t that gear isn’t freely available. you can’t trip over a rock anymore without getting free gear. the issue is that you have to go out of your way for that rock.

aside from the fact that bis weapons, trinkets, and optimal stats can only be obtained by running M+ and raiding, your cloak is also a full sidequest. there is no way to level your cloak without specifically going and doing it. in legion you could ignore your weapon because it would level anyway, in BfA the neck has been the same: do what you want and it will level, all you need to do is play the game. the cloak is not like that at all.

wanna BG? too bad, you need to go spend 2 hours doing chores for wrathion.

The cloak isn’t a necessity. Plenty of people with under rank 10 which takes minimal work.

1 Like

yes it is. want more tentacles? more infinite stars? more party game style RNG decided auto-wins? get that cloak up.

2 Likes