The worst feeling is logging in and wanting to play and realizing the game just isn't fun anymore

One of the reasons is time-gating. In past expansions we had tabards, which allowed us to farm rep at our own pace. Now there’s 5 world quests available a day, then the game stops you in your tracks.

Another issue is class design, but from what I have heard Blizzard is aware of this and there will be major changes next expansion. (hopefully?)

If they abolished timegating and restored MoP classes, the game would be in a much better shape.

4 Likes

Happen to me … I log in … Feel like doing some pvp, Ashren pop up … i leave for 15 minutes, open the game again queue for a 10-15 instead, Shi*thing shore pop up leave again…

3 Likes

I did this about 6 months ago. I re-subbed, played once or twice, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I left, played some other games, and came back again a couple months ago. This time, I’ve been hooked.

I think perhaps you’re just not ready, and that’s perfectly ok. Take a little more time, try again later. Whatever you do, don’t force yourself to play a game you’re not enjoying, as it will just make you enjoy it less.

The most important part is having fun. That’s why we’re here. And just because you’re not feeling it now doesn’t mean you won’t feel it later. The game’s not going anywhere anytime soon (despite what the doomsayers say). Don’t rush yourself. You do you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i stopped logging into wow as much to play through the dragon age series for the first time, it was certainly worth the diversion. And with friends I enjoy wow quite a bit. By myself, I generally just level alts and catch up on all the anime recommendations I’ve been given lol.

You just need role a new class friend, maybe give monk a try. I wish I could wipe my memory and relive the experience.

I swear I saw a thread just like this months ago. It must be catching.

OP, if you’re not having fun, there’s no reason you have to play. Go find something you enjoy. Life’s too short to waste it on entertainment you don’t find entertaining.

1 Like

Bingo…o

1 Like

Thank about this then. I live about 200 miles to nearest city. The only thing to do out here is wow or watch tv. You log into wow to get rid of boredom. Only find out. It does work after a few hours.

find another game when you reach that point. it enhances the other game experience immensely. bfa is not good and there are no signs it will get better anytime soon.

2 Likes

Just take a break for a while. I do that regularly. It’s how I’ve managed to keep playing for over a decade. Explore some other MMOs and come back when you feel like :slight_smile:

i mean burn out is a thing, its okay to take a break…WoW aint going anywhere

1 Like

well after finishing pathfinder 1 7-8 months ago I hung around a extra month and fought off the why the heck bother till I unsubbed,now I finished pathfinder 2 and ready to unsub again.

1 Like

I feel the same way. Something is missing but I can’t put my finger on it. Just not having fun in Nazjatar. Mechagon is kindda fun. So I decided to go back to one of my alts which is in the 50’s level and work him up to 120. Having fun now, at least, going thru zones I’ve kindda forgot about. Not going to play Nazjatar and Mechagon for awhile.

Get used to it, girls. We’re out here for the rest of our miserable lives as far as I’m concerned. Welcome to General Discussion, your new home.

1 Like

Have you considered playing Classic? Might be a good alternative for you. New world, new economy, new community. Clean slate and everything smells fresh. (Besides me, I’m going to be undead so I may smell a bit). Can’t wait! Join us friend!

1 Like

Mediocrity.

I think that’s the word you are looking for.

Unfortunately, I have gotten so used to ding WQ’s that even though I don’t care about them at this point, that seems to be all I do when I log in.

i used to actually make things up to do when I logged in- at least back during Pandaland.

These days, it’s log in, do a daily or 4, then log out cause I’m kind of bored.

I wish PF had different requirements at this point (and didn’t take a millionth months to get flying).

1 Like

Weird, I don’t get this feeling.

I have taken many breaks myself. Taking breaks is refreshing and nothing wrong with it. If you think this game direction is incompatible with what you once felt for the game then yes it time for a break or even find another game.
It is all up to you if you stay or not. We all can’t change your mind if your mind is already set.
Good luck in your real life and take care in whatever direction you go in.

1 Like

I understand your feeling, I did the exact thing launch up the game, look at my character and then logged off. I lost all enjoyment out of WoW when all my friends quit due to BFA and ever since it was just an empty void all by myself, I started to play other games. And since classic is right around the corner all of my friends are coming back and soon that void will be filled again. I suggest maybe taking a long break from retail WoW and give classic a shot when it comes out or maybe just take a decent break from WoW in general and try other games. Hope you find something soon :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I don’t play anymore. I play for one day out of every few months, get sad, and don’t log in again until the next time that I need to remember that nothing will ever be the same on this game.

Mine’s social, though: I miss the people I used to raid with. I miss screwing around with them, making fun of each other, having pizza nights where we ordered everybody food and played drunk video games together. Most top US guilds tell you that raiding is a job – it’s not fun-- and our guild said “F that, that’s not how we’re doing it.”

I log in now and see that my guild is dead, a handful or less of my friends still raid, the rest haven’t been on in year(s), and I wonder why I even bother.

Mine’s more than “kind of” a bad feeling, though. Mine’s “you’ll never have what you used to have again.”

2 Likes