The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Right now, with the way that the Discourse software works, Blizzard forum mods can’t even easily tell that flags and likes are coming from alts on the same account. That’s why moving to a Btag system is so important.

But, again, the people who have their multiple accounts on separate Bnets and lose out on all of the advantages of shared pets, transmog, achievements (and their associated unlocks) and mounts in the actual game, the thing that we’re all presumably here to play while the discussion forums are minor side-content at best, are so small as to be statistically non-sigificant.

Blues in the CS forums have looked up the account details of people to match names and addresses to find alt accounts sometimes when they’ve needed to, though, so it’s definitely possible to lock down any other accounts under a person’s details in extreme edge cases.

The argument that we shouldn’t go to Btags because they don’t cover every possible scenario, just most of them, remains pretty baffling, though.

Yes, because two of them disagreed with you personally in a civil manner, that’s totally a reason to remove someone’s MVP status :roll_eyes:

Someone wasn’t around when Metrohaha was a thing, clearly.

8 Likes

You’d want to ask Blizzard that. I don’t imagine that there are too many trolls who maintain multiple accounts for that purpose. I’m sure there are some out there, but it quickly gets more costly if one of your battle.net accounts gets actioned/silenced if you’re breaking the rules.

Interesting take. I’m not sure that attacking me makes your point better though. In fact, it supports the need for b-tags on the forums.

+1 for b-tags on the forums
Here’s my “forum ID” : Steelious#1867

13 Likes

are you aware that multiple bnets can be blocked at once now in 2023???

we have this massive like ignore list thing now.

So if one person has multiple bnets, we can just…one tap them into the ignore column.

Its CRAZY I know, I can literally prevent anyone I want from communicating with me.

WOW. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hey, lets not bring him into this.

1 Like

Intentionally misconstruing others posts and acting like it mentions support for what you want, is very much proving that anyone that supports btag never argues in good faith and tends to contradict themselves.

Thanks for further evidence I guess? I will also link the post where someone linked a gif with a expletive to show that you’re not doing your duty in forum posts, too.

1 Like

You mean like how you’re acting now like a spoilt child that can’t get their own way because someone disagree’s with your take on something?

Pot, I’d like for you to meet the kettle.

I mean, you can put everyone on ignore, you can attack everyone. Your sock puppeting days are over!

MVP’s are not mods.

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

Source under MVP FAQ

3 Likes

No one is misconstruing what you say. You’re the one trying to twist situations and evidence to fit a conclusion that only naturally follows to Btags on the forums being a good idea. You don’t understand your own point.

…do you think that MVPs have moderator powers to remove posts?

4 Likes

I think we all need you and Mirasol here. Double up on the green :joy:

Turn into the Lean Mean Green Machines.

3 Likes

thousands of replies wasted on this useless topic its positively goofy. like, if you’re on the forums so often that you think you can tell when people are sockpuppeting, and it hurts you oh so badly, consider actually playing the game instead of living on the forums? are you really so invested in this trash forum?

If the forums are so trash, then why are you here?

6 Likes

Thankfully, I didn’t have to misconstrue the post! Unless you’re arguing that they’re for the things that they themselves are seeming to be against.

Evidence of what? The battle tags are used as “forum ids” in all the other Blizz forums! We’re for that!

What duty would that be? I post voluntarily. I’m not required to post nor am I required to agree with people who can’t even support their own positions.

Thanks for your reply though!

9 Likes

im not on here for even a sliver of time as much as some others
i have a game to play lol

Then go play your game. Don’t worry about what any of us do, do what you want to do.

6 Likes

That might mean that you cannot post kittens.

That is sad. :frowning:

Here, have a kitten gif:

7 Likes

Dont bite. It’s another alt.

3 Likes

At this point they’ve dug themselves into a hole.

No one should take them seriously on btags if they react this way.

Oh, look, another post of support. Thank you for supporting BTags for the forums Ard.

2 Likes

All my homies support Btags.

5 Likes

Careful Ard you’re sounding desperate here

5 Likes

If they did Arf and Ard would of been removed from this thread long ago

4 Likes