The World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Alpha Test Has Begun!

Been playing since BC also i have only ever gotten WoD beta key to be honest it made the xpac worse then it was because by the time it came out i had already did alot of the content so it wasnt new so dont feel bad

Blizzard please give me Alpha!!! <3

1 Like

I wish to be a dragon blizz. but a dragon tank tho.

2 Likes

thats awesome !

Nice!!!

The expansion features are looking great so far, I hope you all knock it out of the ball park with a win this expansion. :blush:

Alpha has begon: We will give streams first.

3 Likes

I simply must be selected in the next wave!

That part of their team has really never failed us, it has for a long time been the MVP of the game.

By then it will be too late to provide any meaningful feedback if something in the game just isn’t working. Once the game hits Beta, that’s the game we are getting at launch.

I’m a veteran where’s my invite

You’re the noob oh wait oh J/K
Anyway BFA alpha/beta was fun imo, the world quests actually felt rewarding for once and the zones look beautiful espically if youve ever been up north irl.

Anyone who has pre-purchased the Collector Edition should have access.

To have it shipped here in Canada it’s $300, not only that but we have to wait for it to arrive, which according to the website can take up to the release date of Dragonflight to arrive, and until then, if any of the content becomes pre-available before we get it we have to either not be able to play it or buy the base game before receiving our Collector and get reduced Credits on our Bnet account.

Anyone who has paid for the pre-purchase should be eligible for the Alpha.

1 Like

But we’re not bootlicking streamers so can’t have us normal folks amongst them.

1 Like

I would love an invite to the Alpha. I signed up on the website but that says “Sign up for the Beta!” So is that for the beta or the alpha? - is confused -

1 Like

ive always wanted to be invited to one of these ive played since BC and not a single invite. (wink, wink)

-is also confused-

Will we be able to move the minimap and buffs to another location on the screen?

I just bought my Dragonflight expansion! Woohoo!! Now for the excruciating wait for launch.

How do I get an Alpha invite? :slight_smile: not-so-subtle hint hint.

So consider this my first plea to Blizzard’s devs for the addition of a low “LOE” mini game Blizzard can add to the game that would have great “ROI.”

Back in the day there was this little add-on called Lore Library https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/lorelibrary. The goal of Lore Library was to collect all the written lore you came across and unlock it in the addon’s interface so you could read the lore you collected at your leisure.

Every book, every note, every letter was collected and made available. And every time you found a new piece of lore, you earned a currency you could use towards unlocking another lore item - even from the other faction or deprecated from the game.

In Legion, I believe the author could not continue the add-on. I believe the reason was the database was getting too big to maintain. But if Blizzard were to adopt the mini-game into WoW, then this would no longer be a problem.

So how would Lore Library look within WoW?

Option 1: There would be a “librarian” in select locations that would function as “void storage” for all your lore items (including books, notes, letters, etc.) Interacting with the librarian gives you the option of reading from your collection or depositing a new lore item). This could be bundled with Archaeology.

Option 2: the player “deposits” the lore item in a book case within inns that functions like void storage. Additional book cases cold be located in in-game canonical libraries. This could later be an item one could obtain for their player housing when that feature happens.

However, even if the gameplay remained largely just the Lore Library add-on, this is a great little mini game that encourages the exploration of all the nooks and crannies as well as reading all the “RP” items Blizzard puts in game. I really hope Blizzard considers making this baseline.