The War Within Hotfixes - September 18

inb4

Hotfix:
In an effort to save everyone time and frustration we’ve made the following changes:
lives have been set to 1
you will be hit with a 98 million damage unavoidable spell upon entering the delve

Thank you for your patience while we work to improve the experience further

6 Likes

Tala and Velo in Spiral Weave are melee hitting me for 800k and casting on me for 1 million damage. I can’t heal myself through it and I’m dying through big tank CDs. The tuning in these is so whacked.

1 Like

Please fix Battleground Blitz past 1000 rating not adding % towards the seasonal PVP reward.

It seems the tailoring changes went unannounced.
The tailoring profession is absolutely broken. Dawnweave / Duskweave drops are abysmal, AH has gone up more than 50X in the last week with dwindling stocks.
The only answer was from CS saying this is a dev issue.

Can we get some communication going please.

Also why are changes not going to PTR first? It feels like 2019 all over again.

2 Likes

I think you got a negative sign wrong somewhere in the formula — because i was playing while this went live last night in a 3-man group (2 dps, 1 heal), and mobs started melee-ing my evoker for 5 mill+ and web bolts were hitting for upwards of 8 mill from elites

1 Like

So I have been only soloing t8 for last couple days. Im so glad I read the damn reviews. I log in today and Delves already take some time do solo at t8. You have to time pulls, rest, restore hp ETC. You actually have to be good at the game to complete. Today the SAME delves ive been doing at this level grinding are completely impossible. Im a frost DK and im geting one shotted at 603 gear score! Two shotted by some bosses. I switched to another toon and same issue. I thought hey I heard doing a party would be easier. Nope whole group face rolled because we pulled two groups (4 targets have you) NOT even leet! Its like the whole delves are broken and the scaling is stupid AF.

1 Like

September 13, 2024

Achievements

• Players will now earn the achievements Harbinger of the Weathered, Harbinger of the Carved, and Harbinger of the Runed immediately upon outgrowing the use of those crests.

Classes

• Demon Hunter
    • Vengeance
      • Shattered Souls missiles will no longer display for allies.
  • Druid
    • Feral
      • Fixed a bug preventing Ferocious Bite from damaging crowd-controlled targets.
  • Evoker
    • Devastation
      • Fixed an issue where Mass Disintegrate was not benefiting properly from Iridescence or Titanic Wrath.
    • Preservation
      • Cycle of Life no longer accumulates healing done to pets and guardians.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Fixed an issue that caused Jade Bond’s increase to Yu’lon’s Soothing Breath to not function in some scenarios.
  • Paladin
    • Protection
      • Fixed an interaction causing Judgment to trigger Righteous Protector’s cooldown reduction when Bastion of Light was active.
      • Fixed an interaction causing Bastion of Light’s stacks to not be consumed when Shining Light was active.
    • Retribution
      • An issue causing Empyrean Hammer to not function on training dummies has been resolved.
      • Instrument of Retribution will no longer trigger Dawnlight.
      • An issue causing Instrument of Retribution to trigger Avenging Wrath when talented into Crusade (and vice versa) has been resolved.
  • Shaman
    • Fixed an issue causing Farseer Ancestor spells to have a damage reduction adjustment applied twice to their spells.
    • Corrected an issue where Stormbringer Tempest would consume multiple stacks when striking multiple enemy targets.
    • Fixed an issue causing Mastery: Elemental Overload to not increase damage from all pets.
    • Elemental
      • Fixed an issue causing Mastery: Elemental Overload to not increase damage from all pets.
  • Warlock
    • Increased the threat generation of voidwalkers’ and felguards’ Threatening Presence.

Delves

• Addressed scaling issues causing enemies in Delves to deal more damage than intended, especially for groups and tanks.
    • Developers’ notes: Over the last day, we’ve sought to address the unintended circumstance where certain group compositions made the health of enemies lower than they would be if you went into a Delve by yourself. We also tried moving some of the harder affixes from first appearing in Tier 9 and above into Tier 8. The results were not what we hoped for. We’ve now brought enemy damage back down closer to our targets, the most-difficult affixes have been sent back to Tier 9, and scaling adjustments should make group and solo play less lethal.
  • Nightfall Sanctum
    • Resolved an issue where players could get stuck in combat after dying to Speaker Davenruth.
  • The Underkeep
    • Reduced Crazed Abominations’ health.
  • The Waterworks
    • Waxface’s Throw Wax damage done reduced by ~15%.
    • Waxface should not immediately begin casting a new spell upon completion of Noxious Gas.

Dungeons and Raids

• Nerub-ar Palace
    • Silken Court
      • When Binding Webs is broken by immunity, it will now correctly remove it from ally and they will no longer falsely appear connected.
      • Triggering intermissions while a boss is stunned will no longer cause Anub’arash or Takazj to stay during the other’s intermission.

Events

• Awakening the Machine
    • Addressed an issue causing the Awakened Phalanx to become stuck in an unattackable state.

Items and Rewards

• Class Set items purchased with Web-Wrapped Curio or Mark of the Spelunker Supreme should now be refundable.
  • Fixed a bug where reaching Renown Rank 11 with the Council of Dornogal was not presenting a quest with Carved Harbinger Crests as a reward.
  • Warbound-until-Equipped gear obtained from seasonal legacy dungeons should now have correct item levels. This fix is retroactive.

Quests

• Pale Weavelashers should now respawn accordingly in the Silken Ward, improving the local quests and the World Quest “Enforcer Extermination”.
  • “Zekvir, Hand of the Harbinger” no longer requires that you complete the Delve seasonal journey.
  • In Azj-Kahet, “Special Assignment: A Pound of Cure” has been adjusted to be faster to complete.
3 Likes

These delve changes are a complete joke, right?

Can we get any word as to why some people didn’t have their weeklies reset?

Why some people only got 2 Runed Crests total after doing 10 Bountiful Delves?

How some people got 3 Delver’s Bounties, and others, like myself, got zero?

Or the fact that some guild banks are still missing, 4 weeks later?

Why some people did 10 Bountiful Delves and didn’t get a single curio?

At 2 Runed Crests per week, you’ll be able to upgrade 9 pieces, one time each, by 2026.

Not 2025, but by 2026.

4 Likes

Relicblood of Zekvir not counting towards On Brand when aquired, so achievement incompleteable for me.

The September 13 delve hotfixes didn’t change anything for solo delves regarding Brann’s new behavior.

Just tested Earthcrawl Mines on a Tier 8, enemies still almost completely ignore Brann, he seems to generate almost zero threat, this is especially the case with casters, they instead will always spam their 1+ mil web bolts on you exclusively, almost no melee class will live through this.

I even tested this by LoSing behind a pillar, and low and behold, the casters just stood there for like 30 seconds, stopped casting entirely while Brann slowly killed them, and as soon as I came out from a behind the pillar they all instantly started spamming bolts on me that same second, this new targetting behavior you made on the 12th broke solo delves.

10 Likes

So uh… named mobs. let’s talk about that. 2.5 million damage every 2 seconds is insane while solo. I have Brann healing me and it’s still not enough ON TOP of CDs.

I’m at 602 going into a delve 10. I assure you I should be able to clear this… I should be able to clear an 11 in current gear… SOLO. i’ve killed the big daddy on ( ? ) difficulty already. So that just serves to prove that 10’s should not be that large of a step up.

Velo in The Sinkhole was meleeing me IN PLATE for 2 to 2.5 million HP a hit. then Grasping darkness hit for 8m. I guess that mechanic was something i didn’t see because of everything else going on, but still. you can’t avoid half of that when you’re about to drown because the drowning timer is sped up.

please adjust scaling properly based on player / how many people are in said delve. I enjoy soloing but that’s currently a stupid amount of damage that Brann / I can’t heal through.

6 Likes

It’s not worth it. The difficulty vs gear makes it so the avg player needs to outgear the content so the rewards, by the time you can earn them, won’t be anything unless you disenchant them for shards.

6 Likes

It goes beyond the starting 5. You can have 6 lives, for instance. So might as well pick them up along the way.

1 Like

Just going to say the entire way this has been handled is poorly done. Any fixes should have happened on a tuesday after a blue post explaining what was change, why it was changing and what the thought processes behind it was.

We got presented one thing and people were enjoying it. Suddenly late at night right before a weekend you drop a horribly tuned hotfix. You deploy another hotfix a full day afterwards that so far as I can tell has done nothing.

Right now delves are horribly balanced between specs and classes. everything has the potential to 2 shot you and enemies are nothing but boring hp sponges.

Finally the lives changes does nothing but punish group play. What this? one poorly tuned ability one shots a group with no counterplay? hope you like redoing the last 15-20 minutes because you just bricked your delve.

5 Likes

Curse of Agony in Earthcrawl Mines from the boss is still ticking for half a million per tick. Brann can’t keep up healing and as a Demo Lock I don’t have many options.

5 Likes

Did you fix Brann’s health and damage output? Because these read like a joke, Brann being non-functional even in solo groupings is a massive problem that happened last night.

Post-testing: Brann does abysmal damage and folds in 3 autos from Zek’vir, you didn’t fix it. I sincerely hope you either revert the change or have folks working the weekend because the hotfix from yesterday has completely broken delves and if there was any improvement today, it is nowhere close to balancing out the mess of a fix.

7 Likes

how about this blizz, you roll back the delve fixes to what they were before you messed with them and work on them in the PTR and add them back in with the anniversary patch

11 Likes

Went in with a friend as tank + dps, tier 8, trash mobs have 50 million hp. It’s not fun, it’s just a slog at that point. We were doing earthcrawl mines and I think it would have taken us 45 minutes to complete if we had kept going.

At least my tank wasn’t getting autoattack obliterated. But, the tuning just isn’t enjoyable between the HP sponges and insane incoming damage.

6 Likes

You have made your delves completely suck. Thought ah nice hotfix so let’s go do a run. Did Earthcrawl on 7 to go with what our gear was. We had done it the other night and though it was a struggle it was doable. However since these last couple of hotfixes it has become harder than a 8 was. It not fun the spider webs coming back constantly and my druid tank melting like I am playing as feral or something. I had such high hopes for delves but that is fading fast. I am so disappointed that I don’t even want to play the game.

5 Likes

Auto Attacks are wAY TOO HIGH, 4 Million DPS on tanks, and 2 Million on DPS as a Plate wearer. It ruins the point of even playing plate in the first place. I wouldn’t complain so much if Zekthir wasn’t immune to snares or roots.

Brann being timegated is so cringeworthy I can’t even begin to explain how bad it is we aren’t allowed to farm and just get more power for ourselves since we are having issues completing content.

Please reconsider auto attack damage and armor based scaling.

3 Likes