The War Within Hotfixes - October 25

So… we address the dark ranger bug that was benefiting players, but haven’t bothered to address the bugs that are making the spec worse than it should be? Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like fixing both at the same time would have been the preferred method…

1 Like
3 Likes

I wish I was able to give this man multiple likes. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

What we want to see:

1. Fixed an issue where classes that never appear in the AWC are adjusted so as not to suck so much and be playable.
  2. Fixed an issue for classes not listed in the META to be adjusted so as not to suck and force the LFG groups that kick players or non invite unless they play a META class.
  3. Fixed an issue where 1/2 of pets and demons summoning time is not consumed due to animations, getting in range at a walking speed, then missing when they eventually leap
  4. Fixed an issue where devs of classes communicate with the players for NLT 15 minutes a day.
2 Likes

Sh’yeah, right. Good luck with that.

1 Like

The “systemic issue” was YOU NEVER DID IT. It’s sad to see you imply it was some weird unexpected code interaction when everyone knows it was human error. Take accountability!

1 Like

Hello! Here’s today’s hotfixes.

October 25, 2024

Classes

• Death Knight
    • Resolved an issue causing Pillar of Frost’s follow up node, Frostwhelp’s Aid, to hit enemies out of line of sight.
  • Evoker
    • Fixed an issue where Permeating Chill was not triggering from all blue spells. It will now display in the Spellbook.
  • Paladin
    • Fixed issues allowing Tempered in Battle’s health transfer to critically strike and be affected by damage reductions.
    • Fixed an issue causing Tempered in Battle to continue transferring health after an ally has died.
    • Adjusted Sacred Weapon’s ally targeting to prefer damage dealers over healers.
    • Retribution
      • Shield of Vengeance will no longer reset the auto attack timer.
      • Templar Slash now correctly deals 50% of the damage dealt by Templar Slash.
  • Priest
    • Fixed an issue causing Sustained Potency to have its affected cooldown end early if its duration was extended while paused.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • Fixed an issue that caused Kingsbane (Talent) to benefit from Lethality’s (Talent) effect twice.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Envenom’s buff to gain more duration than intended when expending a supercharged combo point from the Supercharger talent while Twist the Knife was also talented.
    • Outlaw
      • Slice and Dice, Blade Flurry, and Roll the Bones effects are now removed when a Mythic+ Keystone is activated.
      • Fixed an issue that could cause Adrenaline Rush to break Stealth in unintended circumstances.
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Between the Eyes from benefitting from Supercharger’s bonus while under the effects of Crackshot.
    • Subtlety
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Dispatch and Eviscerate from dealing bonus damage when consuming a supercharged combo point from the Supercharger talent.
  • Shaman
    • Elemental
      • Corrected an issue where the Lightning Rod effect could benefit from damage taken modifiers on the target more than once.
    • Enhancement
      • Resolved an issue causing Flowing Spirits to reduce the duration of Crackling Surge applied from Rolling Thunder.

Dungeons and Raids

• There is now a small chance when completing a Mythic+ dungeon to acquire a Forgotten Folio which can contain any of the dungeon-sourced recipes from The War Within.
  • Nerub-ar Palace
    • Players can now speak with Widow Arak’nai to leave the raid after defeating Queen Ansurek.

Professions

• Jewelcrafting
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the Prospecting 40/40 specialization perk from providing Ambivalent Ambers as a byproduct.
    • Byproducts, such as Glittering Glass and Handful of Pebbles, now drop from every Prospecting action (was a chance of Byproducts or gems).
    • Slightly reduced the drop rates of gems and chance for maximum yield of Byproducts.
      • Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely evaluating Prospecting data and player feedback over the past few weeks. The prices for Glittering Glass, Handful of Pebbles, and their respective crafts have been significantly higher than intended, with the price of gems lower. The goal of these changes is to provide a better balance of Byproduct supply relative to their demand, without significantly impacting the value of a prospecting action.

Quests

• “The Dragon Isles Await” should, once again, be offered to players upon reaching level 10+ or by speaking to Chromie and selecting Dragonflight for your Timewalking Campaign.

WoW’s 20th Anniversary

• Moved the Bronze Celebration token for the “Spread the Light” zone activity to the World Quest “Spreading the Light” to match the top-level activity quest like other zones.
    • Developers’ notes: The token won’t show since the weekly chest will take priority. These are still once per Warband per specific quest.
  • Fixed an issue causing inconsistencies in the objectives of Dire Maul West.
  • Reduced the damage of Azuregos’s abilities.
  • Adjusted the number of maximum tanks and healers for The Codex of Chromie to allow for more damage dealers. The new values are: 2 tanks maximum, 3 healers maximum, and 15 damage maximum. At a minimum, 1 tank, 1 healer, and 8 damage dealers are required.
  • The Dornagal Worldsoul, Archive, and Delve quests should now always provide 2 tokens.
    • Developers’ notes: These quests stick around for up to 3 weeks. Some characters would have seen 3 this week and some would see only 1 new quest for characters keeping up each week. Those with 2 or 3 saw 2 tokens on each, but after completing one of the quests, the other quests no longer showed tokens. We did this to keep things more fair, but it resulted in confusion. This change makes it per-quest across the account. Everyone should now be able to pick up the tokens from these on alts if their first Warband character completed it already, but did not get the tokens.
  • Blackrock Depths
    • Fixed an issue that was causing leveling players to not receive gold drops from some bosses.
  • Items
    • Fixed an issue where players playing multiple accounts could receive two Coldflame Tempest mounts. The second mount can now be deleted.
    • Fixing a bug where the Mindtap Talisman had double Intellect stats and Use effects. The passive stat has been changed to Versatility.
  • The Guest Relations achievement formerly titled I Saved the Party and All I Got Was This Lousy Hat now rewards two lousy hats.
1 Like

Hey can you guys check out MM hunter PvP multipliers? It seems that aimed shot, arcane shot, and rapid fire have had theirs removed as of Wednesday or so after various bug fixes. That may not be the specific issue, but something is clearly wrong.

This is specifically not the difference in pre 11.0.5 aimed/rf damage due to the hero talent. The spells have significant PvP multipliers and are not following their PvP tooltips. Damage is fairly in line with what pve tooltips would be.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it, this is a very appreciated change.

1 Like

Do you know how badly jewelcrafting slightly sucks? It’s the worst one of my group of professions and I loathe doing the weekly for it.

3 Likes

Day 74 of asking you to please balance healer classes and to please remember that monk is still a class.

2 Likes

This change did not work if it has been implemented. I just completed the call of the worldsoul quest on an Alt and did not receive any celebration tokens. I have not completed call of the worldsoul on any character since reset this week.

Fix Fury Warriors! I am never tanking Prot!

How about weapon appearances become gigantic on mechagnomes ? like, isnt just a lil too big, is bigger than a mount

Annoying af. fix this blizzard cmon

Now if you could just revert the Rogues Thistle Tea back to the way it was, that would be great!

1 Like

Sure wish Frost Mage would get a bit more love. The bug fix only does so much and the rotation changes makes the 4 pieces tier bonus even more weak.

Still nothing to fix DH damage but we had an icon change lol. Someone needs a slappen. Also holly priests running arou d doing 40-80m dps in raids and LFRs soloing the bosses but 0 fix

Yea I had an excess of them, so I have been using them in delves, and now I cannot use them.