The War Within Hotfixes - October 23

I was very happy last night when I notice I top meters in a M+ I guess is back to F tier for my hunter again.

1 Like

BM was almost viable for one day, so much for that…

2 Likes

Survival didn’t benefit from that 35% buff. Lame but oh well.

Fix restorative mists / ascendance.

Shaman can’t play

DK nerfs unwarranted. Please revert this change.

1 Like

Definitely think this nerf was completely uncalled for. Blizzard employees have an internal hatred for DK’s I swear…

2 Likes

October 23, 2024

Classes

• Druid
    • Feral
      • Shred damage increased by 20%.
      • Rake damage increased by 5%.
      • Wild Slashes increases Swipe and Thrash damage by 40% (was 25%).
      • Druid of the Claw: Ravages cast by Convoke the Spirits now trigger Killing Strikes.
        • Developers’ notes: The Feral changes above were intended to be a part of the 11.0.5 patch, but temporarily went missing.
  • Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • Corrected an issue causing Phantom Pain to unintentionally deal repeated damage to the same enemy player.
  • Shaman
    • Enhancement
      • Resolved an issue causing Fire Nova to be disabled while there are Flame Shock targets around.
    • Restoration
      • Resolved an issue causing Ascendance to not duplicate healing as Restorative Mists.

Items

• Fixed an issue where the Burst of Knowledge trinket was not sharing a cooldown with other on-use trinkets.
  • Added a 1-second cooldown to the Burst of Knowledge trinket, to prevent some spells from causing more than one stack.

User Interface

• The world boss icon for Orta, The Broken Mountain will now appear on Azj-Kahet’s zone map as well as the City of Threads map.

WoW’s 20th Anniversary

• The Awakening the Machine weekly quest now rewards a Bronze Celebration Token as intended.
  • Blackrock Depths
    • Moira Bronzebeard will now respect her cooldown for Shadow Word: Nemesis in the Emperor Dagran Thaurissan encounter on Raid Finder difficulty.

Dang really gonna stick with those blood nerfs huh… can already see its affect in logs. Completely dogwater dmg compared to every other tank now…

3 Likes

there is more than this I think this is just the “right now” because its the time they need to be out by. Theres no way there wasent also MM hunter changes, frost mage changes and of course were still missing actual ele nerfs and plenty of others. Hoping for better changes by Fridays notes I guess.

Can you fix the overnerf of fire mage and arcane in pvp, the PVE nerfs feel really heavy in pvp after the patch. Numbers on the patch notes dont seem to fit what we are seeing

Developer’s notes: There weren’t any intended changes for Arms, they have permanently went missing.

/s

2 Likes

WHYYYY are the feral buffs not PvE only when it is literally the top melee spec by far in PvP currently??? Is this some kind of joke?

3 Likes

So… will this be retroactive for those of us who have already handed in the quest this week on at least one of our characters? Do we have do it on another character to get it or are we just screwed out of it for this week?

2 Likes

They mentioned it a while back that they were going to reduce the damage on kill command, stop, and pet specials 35% because they removed the 35% damage reduction you had normally gotten by having two pets out. It sounds like that particular 35% damage nerf on kill command failed to launch, so they are putting it now. The whole thing was suppose to me mostly net neutral with a buff to pet auto attack for beast cleave damage. The other buff to kill command was unrelated.

1 Like

Wasn’t feral already outperforming everything in PVP by a lot?

5 Likes

Any update on the unintended 10%+ nerf to Frost Mage?

The nerf from 6 to 4 splinters for Arcane was also applied to Frost. Pretty discouraging as a Frost player honestly.

2 Likes

feral buffs when they are already dominating in pvp… well at least something for pve too :dracthyr_crylaugh: meanwhile the tons of other bugs are still waiting there on top of the invisible wall killing LFR groups now at bael’gar

happy anniversary to whoever this anniversary is directed to! :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

I think you forgot more Fire Mage nerfs, hit em with another 5% so they are 20% behind

I think does not apply to PvP combat is temporarily missing too.

4 Likes

and buff druid even more? F this game. Honestly. Where are all the brains behind game balance? Haven’t seen any in a hot minute!

3 Likes