The War Within Hotfixes - October 10

By tirions light! it might be actually hammer time!

1 Like

whatever happened to affix that players didn’t have to interact with?

Oh right, they listened to content creators cry about how certain classes would never getting invited on certain weeks and we got these trash ones, thanks for the weird sanguine again

2 Likes

Are we going to fix the fire mage controlled destruction bug? It has completely wrecked fire mage damage. The talent is nearly non functional.

3 Likes

I thought I was going to dislike the changes to time walking badges. And then I took a brand new alt through five dungeons back to back and realize these time walking dungeons are now rewarding all of the rep that you used to buy as you were killing in the dungeons, and by the end of my fifth dungeon, I was already up to honored. since I don’t have to spend badges on rep anymore, I can spend it on other stuff so having the number of badges reduced in exchange for free rep is fine by me.

Please fix the Controlled Destruction talent for Fire Mages.
It’s literally ruining progression for me as a fire mage.

1 Like

it feels so bad gearing up for two weeks to Optimize for fire and getting gutted like this. come on blizzard

1 Like

Any moment now theyll fix the completely broken talent. surely

1 Like

I just saw the 11.0.5 patch notes, no changes for demo warlock. Nothing. Still the slowest cast time player in the game… Still Vile fiends and Charhounds take 8 seconds from start of cast time to completed animation to leap and hits for less damage than a shadowbolt (nice final tier and a waste of 8 talent points from vilefiend on down. Let us know when you plan on fixing this broken class, I would like to pause my sub time until i rejoin the game when its fixed… is that possible or am i an idiot for buying a 6month sub?

What about Frost Death Knight? We still don’t exist at all and you buffed DH 3 times. We got slapped with several unholy nerfs forgetting there was another spec. Why even play the game, just come out and say we’re not allowed to play it. This is the most ignorant behavior I’ve ever seen in a game.

I know that this is a normal thing to forget how many classes you have. Please just give the game to another team or dev company because the incompetence is beyond acceptable by any means.

I work in computer science as well and I’d be fired for this kinda neglect.

Undocumented change:

Mists of Tirna Scithe: Mistcaller now moves during dodgeball cast and arrows move on the ground as well.

2 Likes

is it a bug?

pretty sure it’s a bug, I’m not sure the dodgeballs actually do anything, we saw them fire but they weren’t doing damage to clones, weren’t going to test it ourselves

I couldn’t agree more. Blizzard can do that for TW badges, gold, gear, etc but not for this? Lazy IMO

They really need to fix this already, its a giga nerf to damage

2 Likes

Lol I’m so glad I’m not renewing my sub. Blizzard just spits in player’s faces over and over again. They are so out of touch with the playerbase it’s not even funny anymore. It’s just pathetic.

2 Likes

Nothing in my suggestion nerfs a dang thing for single players.

Right now it’s 10 marks + like 12 for fish. That’s the max for a single character.

My suggestion is 25 + fish marks for a single character player. Which is what it used to be.

The current system essentially makes alts required, not optional. My suggestion is to Frontload the MAJORITY of marks onto the first toon you do it on, with subsequent toons getting a few to give people who really want to grind a chance to without punishing single character players.

Please learn to read what you are commenting about before trying to tell someone what they are suggesting.

Also this might surprise you but the majority of alt players don’t actually do fishing on all of their toons

10 marks and 20 for the fish I believe plus 2 items worth 20 more. And nothing on that vendor is ‘required’ so no you aren’t forced to do it. Most people are ahead now with just doing it on one character.

And the current system does front load it on the first character since the max you can get is 10 on your alts plus the quest rewards. You get no marks for the individual fish.

And unlike you I have been doing it on alts for the last two weeks - it is way way better now than it was at the start.

October 10, 2024

Classes

• Warlock

• Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where summoning Vilefiend, Charhound, or Gloomhound would break opposing players stealth.
  • Warrior

• Fury
      • Mountain Thane: Fixed a bug that could cause Bloodthirst to fail to proc Thunder Blast in some cases if the player had swapped from the Protection specialization.

Dungeons and Raids

• Runed Crests are now awarded up to Mythic+7.
  • Gilded Crests are now awarded beginning at Mythic+8.
  • Increased the duration of the buffs granted by Xal’atath’s Bargain Affixes to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring the impact of the bonuses provided by Xal’atath’s Bargain affixes, and we’re increasing their overall power level on players. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these buffs as well as the challenges these affixes present.
  • Xal’atath’s Guile now increases enemy health and damage by 10% (was 20%).
    • Developers’ notes: With the increase to the buffs granted to players by Xal’atath’s Bargain we’re reducing the effectiveness of of Xal’atath’s Guile, to allow players to push deeper into the Keystone system with current item levels.
  • The Dawnbreaker
    • Resolved an issue causing the previsual for Dark Orb on Anub’ikkaj to scale with player size.
  • Mists of Tirna Scithe
    • Dodgeball will no longer inflict damage to illusions or adds created by Xal’atath.
  • Siege of Boralus
    • Resolved an issue allowing Chopper Redhook to be pulled by spells such as Halo, and Starfall.
  • Nerub-ar Palace
    • Silken Court
      • Corrected issues causing Anub’arash to not burrow during the first intermission and failing to cast Spike Storm in the second intermission.

Player versus Player

• Fixed an issue causing the Rated PvP tab to be unintentionally grayed-out.

Professions

• Delver’s Pouch of Reagents sold by Sir Finley Mrrgglton at the Delver’s Headquarters in Dornogal now costs 500 Undercoin (was 1500) and contains 3 random Delve reagents (was 2).
  • Profaned Tinderbox can now be purchased from Blacksmithing Supplies vendors Borgos and Sofee Batalsworn in exchange for 3 Ringing Deeps Ingots, or 3 Vial of Kaheti Oils, or 3 Viridian Charmcaps, or 3 Gloomfathom Hides.
1 Like