The valor system is ONLY for people who run mythics. You can’t use valor point without mythic gear. Just a heads up

From what I understand is the valor system will only upgrade the gear you get in mythic dungeons.

So I see people talking about buying boosts +15 and thinking all there alts can just do callings and get valor and have awesome gear.

Digging around a little it seems that you have to run mythic dungeons and get gear to actually use the valor points on.

I don’t think people know this. Well I don’t think a lot of people know this.

So casual players this isn’t a chance to gear out those alts if your not into running mythics.

20 Likes

Buying boos for CN is a lot faster and cheaper.
Either way, I don’t think there is an issue with raid gearing if you are a raider. But I am not a raider so I won’t even dive too much,.
I am M+. Each run takes ~30m. 1 piece of loot roughly every 5th run. So that’s 2.5-3 hours of actual keyboard bashing to get 1 piece.

We all get vault at the end.

However, I am sure Raiding change is coming with the new raid tier. They wll definitely buff drops for raiders.

1 Like

loot drops in mythic plus is terrible right now. this valor system fixes nothing. we cant upgrade our non existent gear. gonna need a vendor to purchase gear. this fix is halfway. devs really dont want to give us a complete system.

i would wager, there has been an increase in pvp activity which is great, but take away the necessecity for pvp gear and the pvp population would decrease.

9 Likes

If they don’t know this then they lack a lot of common sense or just dont know how to read…because it clearly says

2 Likes

Are you kidding? raiding is broken, no gear drops.

7 Likes

No, every one knows.

It’s great that Mythic + finally has a good progression system like PvP.

1 Like

Can’t upgrade gear that doesnt drop… They just tell us to shut up with this while allowing the carry sh1tshow to continu, cause tokens/$ SL sucks even WOD was more fun

9 Likes

You mean like the 6 or 7 pieces you are wearing ? Did they just magically appear or did they drop / get put in great vault because you ran mythics ?

Sorry but saying nothing drops when 1/2 geared in the gear that you are saying does not drop makes no sense.

1 Like

Good thing you have 6+ pieces of gear you can upgrade.
Another one saying no gear when equipped with multiple pieces

there’s nm loot outside gv, I’m not the only one who thinks m+ doesn’t drop enough gear

its called exaggerating. i also have 13 slots so…

Unless you’re timing them, so a piece every 2.5 runs.

The problem is the end of dungeon loot is awful. If you’re timing keys you’re getting 2 drops per dungeon. And with upgrading low level gear, you can now chain run lower keys if you’re really interested in a specific piece, rather than needing to get only the +15 version.

what loot god are you friends with to get that? I had 1 loot in 3 weeks from a m+ (roughly 20ish runs across 3 toons per week with key ranges from 2-14)

2 Likes

I mean it has to go somewhere :smiley: some are just luckier.
But also, if dungeon drops belt 207 and u already have 210, it will never drop.
The more geared you are, the less gear you get.

I know those feels - had a 200 ilvl weap on my hunter since week 1 of m+, finally looted a 213 from huntsman last night (dropped for a guildy who passed!) but i have 4 on use trinkets, 2x213 and 2x220 - i got a 213 hateful chain last night that i passed to a guildy.

Loot is very interesting this tier so far, i kind of like it and being annoyed by it at the same time.

You are lying.

M+ gears at a rate of 0.4 items per person for your 30min run. That’s a bit over an hour per piece of loot.

Raids gear at 0.15 items per person for your 2.5hr clear. There’s 10 chances of loot over the clear (at 0.15). Being generous, that is 2.5hrs per piece of loot.

Over the week if you spam run mythics (which you can do), you can get a maximum of approx 155 items at the average drop rate. You are also guaranteed an item from the GV the has a substantially higher ilvl than the content you did. You also get this item from failing the key.

If you run M+ for only 2.5hours a day every day, you will receive “only” an average of 15 items.

Over the week if you clear the raid (which has a weekly lockout), you will get a 1 item based on the average drop rate. At 0.15, you will often go the whole raid without winning an item. You will get an item of the same ilvl as the content you are running from the GV. You will get nothing if you fail the raid (unlike M+ which awards participation loot).

But no, clearly M+ is hard done by. 1 vs 15 or 155 items.

1 Like

By the Light people… post your sources. (Pinned one day ago) I asked about this days ago and didn’t grasp what was going on.

No wonder everyone is complaining. From what I read the Valor point system is only for Mythic +. I am pretty sure Blizzard you can put normal gear into this too. Honestly the last time I remember the Valor system is in Cataclysm but I might be wrong about this… (as I came near the end of MoP and Timeless Isle was the thing) still would run a bunch of heriocs and be able to obtain this currency. It was for actual gear, not upgrading pieces.

I am pretty sure they can add additional gear to this vendor. So it just doesn’t increase mythic + gear. This would be the most logical thing to do. That doesn’t mean take out the benefit of upgrading the gear for mythic + pieces. This means I feel like you should be able to grab this currency from various sources and have gear for players too. They have no need to alienate the players that don’t participate in Mythic +.

2 Likes

what he/she is saying, you canot upgrade pre-existing gear, valor only applies to mythic gear after 9.0.5 launches.

For those who are afraid of mythics, you really don’t have to be. Especially with this valor point system, plenty of experienced players either bring their mains for quick clears for callings, or they already know the mechanics and can walk you through the dungeons easy enough for m0 and low keys. There’s very little to be intimidated by, and as you become more accomplished and confident, you will appropriately start earning the better gear :slight_smile: You have nothing to be afraid of! The community isn’t toxic unless you’re running 9’s or 14+

Wait a minute…hold up…

I knew Valor was coming and only useful for mythic + gear. But they got it so it’s obtainable by doing callings??

Why in the hole underneath Goldrinn’s tail would Valor be dropped from callings when it’s only useful for Mythic gear?? It should only drop from doing Mythic level content!! The callings were fine! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :eye: :eye: