The Userper *Spoilers*

True. However, that could change at a moments notice. Especially if they go the route where Sylvanas survives Shadowlands or is absolved of any wrongdoings which could very well happen.

1 Like

Players have been clamoring for an alliance villain for years.

Jaina as a dreadlord, Genn a traitor, Tyrande going insane. I wouldn’t be shocked to find some idea of Mekkatorque becoming a kaiju.

2 Likes

So I’ve been thinking about this since it has been brought up, the Turalyon going evil if Yrel and her cohorts show up with the Naaru. Now, I don’t think he normally would do that but then I thought about that Illidan cinematic where he kills X’era. In the start his eyes are yellow, and when she revives herself they get brighter. Or so it seems to me, and when she dies the yellow gold color drains away showing his eyes as brown. Then he seems to accept that X’era was in the wrong rather quickly. This gets me thinking, what if part of the Light infusion messes with your head.

Like not full on Mind Control, but muddles things so you just go with the flow. Don’t worry about thinking, others will do that for you. This is what is right, it would make for an interesting way for Turalyon to go tyrant. Seem him struggle throughout things with what is happening.

4 Likes

Lordaeron and Stormwind were considered sister kingdoms due to Varian having lived there for a large part of his youth. I can’t see Stormwindians being upset that someone from Lordaeron is in charge.

1 Like

Mind Control is a priest ability, and Light priests have been shown using it more often than Shadow priests in lore.
:thinking:

We know for sure Mathias Shaw objects to Turalyion being in charge.

That certainly alludes to it being a good choice, considering Shaw’s overwhelming incompetence in all matters.

9 Likes

Is this all just speculation or does it have some meat. Turalyon is a natural choice for regent. A representative of the light/silver hand etc has been conspicously absent for a long time. Anduin’s prominent advisors consist of a dodgy spy master, and a werewolf who wants his kingdom back.

3 Likes

A Lordaeron king all ready sat on the throne Anduin real father is Arthas !!!

What? The Light faded from his eyes the moment Xe’ra died.

2 Likes

Yeah I mentioned this in my post up above, if you look at his eyes. Turalyon’s eyes seemed to get a brighter shade of gold when Xe’ra came back to life. The pressence of the Naaru kind of muddles the minds of mortal races. Makes them more susceptible to the one and only one way of doing things.

2 Likes

I agree with many of your points here, and they’re sound. However, I think people also overlook the fact that Turalyon allowed Xera to imprison his wife. If I’m remembering the audio drama correctly, Xera even made it clear to Alleria beforehand that Xera would destroy her for dabbling in the void. So, even with that threat hanging over Alleria, he still allowed Xera to take her. He’s completely unquestioning in that decision as well.

Obviously, we never get to see the conclusion to this particular conflict because Illidan blasts Xera into glitter long before the story gets to it. Still, as someone who was introduced to Turalyon and Alleria via the audio dramas first, it came off that Turalyon’s loyalties were to the Light first and his wife second. I suppose a presumption of fanaticism could come from that.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why Shaw still has his job, or any position of power.

He’s got enough of a relationship with Anduin that Anduin will never fire him, and since Anduin is the only who can do that, that means Shaw will never be fired.

I’m fairly certain that “light” from his eyes was just a reflection off of the literal brightness of Xe’ra.

1 Like

why not both?

it’s a very big detail imo. there is most definitely something to it, especially since he regains his composure after having tried to strike illidan.

there are ways to show this light reflection without also making it seem very much like some low level mind control and they did not do that.

1 Like

Bolvar’s from Stormwind, not Lordaeron.

2 Likes

Oh Hell yeah, that is part of the muddling of the mind. Turalyon was just like okay take her. Xe’ra could have easily turned Alleria into a pile of golden dust in front of Turalyon and he would have been just fine with that. All kinds of messed up stuff with the more aggressive Naaru.

Oh, I must have mixed that up. I thought Bolvar was a survivor of Lordaeron among the Stormwind people. My mistake.

As far as foreigners ruling Stormwind, in Before the Storm, Anduin did mention Genn as someone to rule in his stead, and he is not of Stormwind.

I mixed that part up, as you say. My point was mostly that I don’t think the lack of Stormwind nationality for the steward is a concern, if Genn the Gilnean and Turalyon of Lordaeron are the contenders.

Illidan just flat out murder someone Turalyon and the player went to great lengths to revive (and who they believed was needed to defeat the Legion). Anyone in his boots would be upset.