The Unpruning

Doesn’t mean the healing spec has to ruin it for everyone else again.

consecration for hpal has 4sec cd. The ret version is 20sec

Wow, that is ridiculous. I hadn’t noticed it’s a 20 second CD for 6 seconds of damage. What in the Hell kind of choice is that, especially in competition with Wake of Ashes? Clearly I should’ve looked further down the talent tree. So much about that is wrong it’s not even funny.

5 Likes

And ret ruining it for prot and holy is better how?

Yeah that’s why we’ve been talking about consecration in a bad way since it was introduced as a talent in bfa, it’s not good. Cooldown is way too long.

People were dumping on it in Legion too from what I remember, but I was content to use it (even though I hated like Hell to spend a talent point on something that should be baseline). Man…I know I’m late to the party but I dont even get what they were thinking with BFA class design. Classes played badly enough in Legion that they ruined what could’ve been Wrath 2.0, so…they doubled down and made everything worse for BFA? I feel like I need to know what drugs these guys are on so I know what to avoid in the future. I joke all the time that ‘beatings will continue until morale improves!’ But damn…

1 Like

Never happen

So you’re saying every AOE is bad since tanks control mobs?

No just the ones that remain in the same place on the floor, worthless trash spells.

1 Like

Blizzard is an aoe that you place on the ground on a 30yards range with a baked slow. And the class has an aoe root. Also reduce the cooldown of frost orb.

Consecration pop on your feet, as a melee, no slow baked in. No synergy whatsoever with the rest of the spec for ret.

I’ll let you use your intelligence to think about it.

1 Like

All that matters is the damage. I have a 138 IQ, I cannot be wrong.

can’t have damage when no mobs stay in your consecration.

5 Likes

Holy gets some value out of it so if we got the Holy version ie realllll short CD, not the awful talented version, it’s not so bad.

1 Like

hopefully consecration has the short cd like prot/holy for ret. will be highly useful in many situations as a baseline skill again.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of Consecration for Ret. I think that if it did come back, it should:

• be on a much shorter CD
  • apply a dot for the same damage, instead of ticking and requiring mobs to stay within it
  • the ground effect should only apply utility effects such as slows, cc protection, debuff enemies, modify other skills, etc.

Exorcims absolutely needs to come back. I still can’t believe they took it out in Legion.

3 Likes

I have a thread I started about paladins need a leap and to get some movement back and he was against it as it was making us clones of warriors or dhs and blah blah blah. It is a change he dose not want and will fight it even though a lot of us do and when I say that if you look at the thread there are more there for it than against.

1 Like

I’d love to see them unprune combat abilities tied to professions, but balance them so that you’re not stuck with 2 professions you hate because they have abilities that are far more powerful than the others.

I want to see Seal of blood returned to Blood Elf paladins

Thye wont go back to race specific seals, it was so unbalanced that they will never do that ever again

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if they did race specific animations on abilities. like for instance zandalari paladins could throw a spear of light for Judgement and Hammer of Wrath. Tauren could throw a mini sun or something.