The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

And I’m saying. The community asking them to be playable was irrelevant. They were already planned to be horde playable.

being with the alliance /= studying magic in dalaran. You don’t need to be in the alliance to study magic with the kirin tor.

Remember the modern alliance wasn’t even formed until ~30 years ago. High elves were in dalaran long before that (many as natural citizens while others there to learn magic)

1 Like

It doesn’t mean anything unless it helps their narrative, didn’t you know?

1 Like

Anasterian removed Quel’thalas from the Alliance after the Second War. When Kael’thas rejoined later under Garithos, they had already become Blood Elves.

1 Like

You keep saying this to justify what you say despite us debunking it. It doesn’t change anything just because you don’t like the truth.

4 Likes

Of course not. This whole debate is solely fueled by emotions. There’s no rationality for or against.

The constant and active presence of High Elves in the Alliance is not an emotion.

13 Likes

You can say that but we have provided a ton of facts and evidence to suggest the outcome where concrete facts are not available.

You know you lost. Possibly you are one of the drama vampires that are here to get your fix as that is the majority of those opposing high elves.

If you are legitimate I don’t know why you continue to fight the inevitable.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean squat. I’ve had to deal with dragons all of cataclysm, does it mean we should have playable dragonkin?

“My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people’s blood! Which can only be repaid with at least twice as much blood!- or maybe three times as much blood! Like, if you went to hell, and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, and maybe that would be enough blood!! Ugh, but probably not.”

6 Likes

Is there a constant and active presence of a faction/large number of dragons supporting either faction against the other?

No?

Then it’s not the same thing.

6 Likes

I lost!!! Hahahaha. Dawg, the main devs says they’re not in the works. But please, when they are available in 10 more years, I’ll gladly eat my words. Until then…

considering that is a point of major interest for a dragon allied or a future class then certainly we should.

Maghar Orcs & Dark Iron Dwarves being now playable kinda says otherwise as Dark Irons have been asked for since Vanilla WoW and Mahrar orcs have been asked for since BC

10 Likes

I already adressed and said sorry about it but please, carry on.

and here lies a major issue. You don’t realize that we are not going to stop wanting them.

When some high profile devs in the story department have come out in support of playable high elves I am inclined to believe they are going to happen.

We will ask and ask and ask and ask until we get them. If ion doesn’t cave the dev lead after him will likely add in high elves.

Quite honestly it is rather insane that we are even debating about adding them or not. They are the literal poster child of what an allied race is.

1 Like

Not when Chronicles indicates that the only Quel-dorei who took up the name were those survivors of Silvermoon City and not the whole of the Quel-dorie race it sure doesn’t.

5 Likes

Wow, I’m sorry for us then. All this willpower wasted on a mundane subject.

exactly. the modern lore suggests only the survivors of the kingdom of quel’thelas became blood elves. High elves that did not consider themselves to be a citizen of quel’thelas remained in the alliance and due to their densest population center being evacuated before the scourge attack that means there are a lot of high elves.

1 Like

People didn’t make classic happen by debating the faux-issue of whether or not it would happen. That was an inane distraction tactic thrown up by cowards who didn’t want to argue their case and people who can’t differentiate between a normative and a descriptive claim.

It happened because people showed their support and argued their case.

12 Likes