The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

typically there has to be some form of representation to draw the conclusion that something is true when we have no confirmed info on it.

Like I said last time we check the horde in dalaran had a small guard detail. On the other hand dalaran has always worked with the alliance and is a member nation of the alliance.

also I want to point out that it is likely the guards are no longer there because this is a war. If the guards were still there I don’t think the kirin tor would be able to stop the worgen and forsaken from killing each other.

4 Likes

WoW! These Concept Art Armor Sets looks very Awesome! Keep up the Great Work Dude.

2 Likes

I suggested a week ago to make the Silver Covenant dissociate from Dalaran and build new headquarters away from their politics. This could be part of the recruitment scenario, or part of the future story of BfA if they plan to use Vareesa and the High Elves.

6 Likes

I personally really like the idea of their being an established high elf settlement on an island off the coast of the EK.

They could even technically call it dawnstrider harbor because I don’t think greenwood and its’ associated cities are actually canon but instead an RPG thing. greenwood might be real but its’ cities were definitely not in the RTS nor in WoW.

1 Like

I’m still confused about the ignorance surrounding Quel’dorei…

Like when someone says, "How is a Quel’dorei going to be different from a Sin’dorei I’m thinking, “have you not played Wow and World of Warcraft?”

And now it kind of strikes me that these people aren’t genuinely asking for differences between groups… it’s obvious from playing a Blood Elf, which is this decadent, egocentric community and then running into Quel’dorei who are these really serious, my work is my life, characters, that there is a lot of nuance between the two groups…

But then you get, say, Dark Iron Dwarves and Bronzebeard Dwarves. They are pretty similar. They aren’t the same, but they aren’t incredibly dissimilar… but they have the appearance of being different.

And that’s confusing to me. You know, I’ve always liked settings with a lot of nuance and so when I hear requests for Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei to be more different culturally it comes off as being really superficial

10 Likes

90% of all remaining High Elves became Blood Elves, that includes the ones that Originally stayed with the Alliance after the second war. Kael’thas rounded up all the Remaining High Elves, That includes the ones that stayed with the Alliance.

In the third war Arthas and the Scourgecwiped our 90% of the High Elf Population as a whole, that means 90% of the Alliance High Elves were wiped out as well. Of the remaining 10%, 90% of those took on the name of Blood Elves. So I would have to say number prove that the Majority of High Elves did in fact Become Blood Elves. Also you have no Proof that some of the Alliance High Elves that remained with them after the second war didn’t become Blood Elves.

As the High Elf Advocates like to say…Learn your Lore. The Majority of High Elves became Blood Elves.

Now for a completely different question, something that I see constantly from High Elf Advocates that bothers me. Where did you get the idea that Blood Elves use Blood Magic and worship Blood. I mean wouldn’t that be More of a San’layn thing. Yeah you got the Blood Elves in Out Lands and those crazy demon worshipping ones in Quel’thalas, using Blood Magic. Yet the Blood Elves That are pkayable are not those Blood Elves. So where did the whole Blood Elves use Blood Magic originate from.

The general issue with this is that as of allied races they gave Night Elves to the Horde.

So at this point to deny the same for the Alliance is some serious developer bias.

But here is the serious issue and the reason why all of the counter arguments are disengenuous.

The Alliance has had Quel’dorei in its ranks while Sin’dorei existed since War craft 3.

They’ve been in the game and Allied since Vanilla WoW.

So it’s not the same situation. When you say something like, “They can give X race to the other faction.”

Well has X race been part of that faction for 23 years? Because if yes then they deserve it.

There isn’t an argument about giving a Horde race to the Alliance, it’s an argument to ignore part of Warcrafts lore to favor a specific playergroup.

5 Likes

The remaining High Elves were 10% of the original population. The majority of High Elves died.

What’s important to Blood Elves isn’t that “High Elves became Blood Elves”. It’s that “we became Blood Elves”. High Elves never stopped existing. And the ones that currently go by that name remained with the Alliance.

You’d have to proof that any of them did, first. Can you?

From Mists of Pandaria? From Blood Elves obtaining the Blood of Ra, Anima, and using it to make Blood Golems and the like?

Learn your lore.

10 Likes

I like how people claim that people wanting High Elves are a vocal minority yet at the same time it would destroy the population of the Horde.

You can’t have it both ways! (As hard as you try)

It’s also like when people try and say High Elves are boring and dull then say they are exactly the same as Blood Elves. High Elves can’t be more boring than Blood Elves and be exactly the same.

Double standards are ridiculous.

Basically they can no longer use stone so they use wood.

I imagine this would replace all the lodges.

I love it.

Odd question, do you take commissions?

11 Likes

Guys, do we need to boycott Horde ogres from being playable because even though Ogres have been part of the horde since war craft 1 that it’s going to make Kul’tirans less special?

We already have pale skinned plus sized people.

5 Likes

Boycott them all you want. Not a single race asked by players was ever added to the game.

Dark Iron Dwarves, Nightborne, soon to be Wildhammer dwarves. Mag’Har orcs.

Maybe Lightforged Draenei.

Obviously Void Elves weren’t.

4 Likes

Horde wanted Mag’har, Horde got Mag’har.

Horde and Alliance wanted Nightborne, Horde got Nightborne.

Alliance wanted Dark Iron Dwarves, Alliance got Dark Iron Dwarves.

7 Likes

Oh. Zandalari trolls. They liked that troll from MoP.

And the Kul’tirans are a bad attempt to give Alliance Vry’kul.

2 Likes

I’ll concede for mag’har. But nightborne were designed to be horde from the start. Us asking for them was irrelevant.

Edit : i realise now that I didn’t think about races so forget about my comment.

It’s a race that people wanted and was added to the game. That’s what you said didn’t happen, and it happened.

I’m sorry but before legion i had never heard about the nightborne, much less in these forums.

This is BfA content

They have been using it since MoP and have replaced all of their battlefield golems with Blood Golems.

(Look at all that Blood Magic and Fel Crystals. Sure doesn’t look like High Elf stuff to me.)

9 Likes

Kael’thas was A High Elf that remained with the Alliance after the Second War, Yet he became a Blood Elf, after the Third war. But of Course a High Elf Prince That remains with the Alliance and becomes a Blood Elf doesn’t mean anything.

They were added in Legion, yes.
People asked for them during Legion.
They were added at the end of Legion.

So yes, it’s a race people asked for and got.
Vulpera seem to be going the same path.

2 Likes