The Uncrowned

Hi all, hope this post fi ds you all well. I need some help and advice if you have the time.

DF is coming soon and im concerned with my outlaw rogue i really enjoy the play style now, and dont want to beforced into shadow dance, which may end up happening.

With that said i always enjoy fury warrior, i ill miss the rp aspects of the rogue.

So here is my question, would a warrior work with or be a member of the uncrowned. Seeing this as a rogue only type of faction, i didnt want to over step.

Would it be acceptable (im allaince on moonguard) to role play being apart of the uncrowned as a warrior.

Thank you in advanced for your time and help

It wouldnt be outside the realm of possibility I’d say, maybe even likely.

To start, in game classes that we play don’t always match up on a one to one basis of what is depicted in game from members apart of an organization or just NPCs in general and have slowly driven further away in some cases. Witch doctors dont summon elements and shaman traditionally didnt turn people into frogs. They were added, mostly, for game place reasons. We learn and lose abilities all the time. Cries in Searing Pain

That is just to say often what we play does not always need to line up to an organization or group we want to be apart of when we roleplay. Im sure not every cook, janitor, or doctor for the Kirin’tor is a mage, for example.

When we look at the Uncrowned we have members like Noggenfogger and Faranell due to their alchemy research. They’re not rogues, or even real combatants, in the slightest. Then you have pirate crews and bandits as the every day members that I think are suppose to represent more of a Combat/Outlaw rogue troop. They have always been the hack and slash archetype, actually getting into combat and using tricks and underhanded tactics to win rather than subtly and guile. They’re about starting a fight, losing, throwing pocket sand, run, then shoot you in the face. They’re not your master assassins and invisible rangers.

To throw it all together, what is a warrior other than someone who swings a sword? What is a bandit or pirate other than someone who hides in a bush/high seas and ambushes weary travelers? Whats an Outlaw rogue now other than just a slippery warrior with a pistol?

The whole point of the Uncrowned, it seems, is a secret organization that transcends national boundaries adhering a gentlemen’s agreement while under the threat of mutually assured destruction in order to maintain a sense of order and balance in the world. A spy and assassin ring that large needs every day people with little inside affiliation to constantly bring in information, movements, documents, rumors, etc. What better than say some poor Dark Iron guard who hears the side conversation of adventurers, workers, nobles, officers, and the like from a day to day basis?

1 Like

Interesting, what would be your take on demonhunters would they be apart or accepted within the uncrowned?

1 Like

I personally think nothing would be off the table for the uncrowned, however it remains a secret organisation so the behavior must match. Even if your warrior is part of it, speaking about it wouldn’t be something you’d be invited to do

1 Like

The logic stays the same. It works for any class. Surely the Uncrowned would like to know what the top Demon Hunters are up to, especially given their context. Samething for Death Knights and the Ebon Blade. Two almost super natural combatants that, at least in the story, have skill, strength, and powers above most everyone else - definitely gotta keep an eye on that.

Personally, not a big fan. But thats just from me as an aesthetics and character view. Logic still checks out.

1 Like

Thank you for your in put, helps alot honestly