The Trend Continues... The Transfer Apocolapse

Any TBCC server below 4-5k pop right now is going to slowly get gutted. Guilds will make their transfer to the more populated servers. What we have already seen is going to continue.

I’m not saying you can’t enjoy a server with very low pop. I’ve played an extremely low populated server many times on purpose. As long as there is a small enough community working together, the smallest can survive.

I am very worried that what has already happen will continue. People will keep drifting away from WoW because TBC is just the way it is. P3 is just 2 raids basically but they are my favorite raids ever! p4 is just a 10 man. We got a long road to go. Blizzard please I can not afford to transfer all my characters. I either get to take all or nothing. I will not pay for 10 character transfers. Yes I have 10 70s… Blizzard please please see the pattern that is among us and give us a fair chance. I now truly understand how the people that were complaining about previous servers. I love TBC no matter what happens tho

4 Likes

They need to stop transfers to benediction for alliance. It’s getting a bit ridiculous now. I literally never see anyone from the original guilds anymore because new ones keep transferring overpopulating the server. Seriously over 10k people have transferred to Benediction since tbc launched.

6 Likes

Not only did they not prevent xfers they made bene a destination for the free ones.

On the bright side you picked the one of the few pvp severs that didn’t die.

1 Like

The real issue is new players aren’t joining the game anymore.

This makes transferring to mega servers all the more appealing. It also misleads people into believing the solution is to better balance servers by merging them. This won’t stop the problem from happening. It’s only a temporary solution. It does nothing to bring in new players.

4 Likes

What’s ironic about the transfers (Full guilds doing it not withstanding) is that when you transfer many times you end up not joining a guild and not raiding anything for the first few weeks or months while you get yourself acquainted with the new population.

I know that when my guild transferred to a larger realm at the end of WotLK we all went separate ways after the transfer anyways… I’ve read that same story many times.

2 Likes

Blizzard has condemned most of the realms by putting highs/fulls on the free transfer destination list. Now players won’t go anywhere else. For a medium like mine, the best we can hope for is to not lose the players we have. There will be no growth because no one will ever come here. Why would you go to a medium realm when you could go to a high or full instead? We weren’t even put on the destination list. That means you’d have to PAY to come here, while much bigger realms are open FOR FREE. It’s quite despicable how little Blizzard cares about its players.

3 Likes

Its not that at all. Your going to see it, as it becomes harder and harder to fill a raid, harder to pug, it will all fall apart.

In a few months, on a dark stormy night, Blizzard will randomly wake up and close transfers to benediction. They won’t do anything else, no bug fixes, no word on any other servers, no further news on anything. Just the one thing they came back from their slumber to accomplish, which is to close transfers to benediction.

And a guild would be mid-transfer, leaving half their members on benediction and half on the old server. 12.5 people from that guild on each server crying for help. But it’s too late. Blizzard has already gone back to sleep. Spooky.

It is a foggy morning. A child is crying alone on the side of a road. Three more months have now passed. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.

8 Likes

no reason to close bene to transfer when you lose 10k players a week

this is just blizz’s last ditch effort to claim some cash before the game become 2 mega-servers only

Classic didn’t start losing players until 13 months into the game. TBCC started losing players in only 4 months.

1 Like

Well and the thing is Especially at this point tbc Isn’t really friendly to new players Because here’s the thing about dungeons Unless you already have a 70 good luck finding a group.

Because when you’re done with dungeons they’re done as far as heroics go they’re not really worth the effort it’s actually more worth it to try and get into a kaera.

That is to do a heroic most of the time On top of that that’s before we talk about reputations you want everything at revered at leait’s not revered at least but most of the time people aren’t gonna want to go for exalted for the reperwards.

My point is everything so front loaded and how unalternately it is yeah no wonder knew people aren’t joining the game.

And that’s before we talk about pvp You’re looking at 16 to 17 hours of grinding on average for a piece.

And finding arena partners that just wanna do it for the gear isn’t very common either like you’re not any part of tbc Is has a really big barrier to entry especially with there being no dual speck in the game.

So yeah

My hope is that the situation get so rediculous that they merge all server into 3-4

2 Likes

That simply isn’t true, right now TBCC has about the same number of active raiders as when classic had AQ out. They are just on mega servers right now, and you seeing population drops on your server reflects that. The player numbers didn’t drop on the game as a whole, just the smaller severs as people drop off.

The PvP part of it will definitely die though.

This is the answer. PvE east and west coast. PvP east and west coast.

They can leave the RP servers out for people who want smaller servers.

1 Like

See in blizzard’s world all they heard/read you saying was “CHA CHING!! $$$$”

1 Like

Isn’t your guild among others already discussing talking about leaving Herod? I’ve seen it in the leadership discord channel.

So you’re all about to do the same thing.

We would all Like to think that but considering how long it took them to do free transfers I’m not holding my breath.

yes, that is why I said what I said.

LOL bro you’re like 3 months late.

Outside of grobbulus every alliance is already on benediction for pvp

All alliance xfers will stop when there are actually no more alliance to xfer there. Which will be soon.

Flocking to a safe space server where they outnumber the enemy 10:1. Can you really say they are there “for pvp”?

1 Like