The times they are a changin...regarding Duel Tournaments for cash prizes in WoW

Yeah, no. One only needs to look at Project 60 and 70. The big streamers all organized and decided to play on live retail servers and caused all sorts of lag and even crashed Sisters of Elune as thousands of players all logged in at the same time in the Blood Elf lands.

Streamers are fine, but if they choose poorly, their presence doesn’t help a realm, it hurts them quite a bit.

And if they choose to spam emotes and cause server lag again, they will be banned again. But there are exponentially more instances where that didn’t happen. Don’t cling to outliers and act like that is going to happen all the time. Being a streamer is not a bannable offense. Doing bannable things is a bannable offense. Action will be taken accordingly.

2 Likes

This irrational hatred of streamers is getting out of hand. So many of these ridiculous threads just looking for any and every excuse to trash talk streamers.

We get it, you guys hate streamers.

Oh, stop misleading people, would you?

#NoChanges is about not making changes to the game. It has absolutely nothing to do with their ToS.

Dueling tournaments with cash prizes are not solicitation. Look up the definition.

Why does that even matter? There’s no NDA. They’re well within their rights to stream the game and accept donations.

No, it isn’t. A prize for a tournament is not gambling. Gambling is betting money on something with an uncertain income. There was no betting involved.

Could be he never changed his mind.
Was he one of the selected few inivited to Blizz HQ a few days before Beta was announced ?

No, because he was banned for exploiting the leveling potion stacking bug so he missed out on going to that event.

You’re the only one so far who said anything about it would happen all the time.

You have gone from it would NEVER happen, no one would even know streamers exist!

to - oh well SEEING them isnt a problem

to - oh well its OUTLIERS and it will RARELY happen.

A simple note - this server does not permit streaming.

thats all blizzard has to do. Now you and I wont have to play together since you will be with your precious streamers.

Paid tournament open massive door for scams, i.e. people collecting entry fees and the not paying the the reward or simply disappearing right after they collect the money.
If exchanging money in relation to the game in any form is allowed then you can bet that scams will instantly find a way to exploit it.

1 Like

These are some absurd and borderline obsessive mental gymnastics.

I hope you are healthy.

4 Likes

LOL…so he couldn’t be the marketing arm for Blizzard at that point because he was banned by Blizzard for cheating in wow ?

Oh the irony of it all.

well once you start personally insulting people, clearly you won the debate…

This isn’t a debate. Segregation is not up for consideration. This is people telling you you are being unreasonable.

Streamers will not (because they should not) be forced onto or out of servers and it will not impact your enjoyment of Classic unless you choose to let yourself be worked up over it.

ayup
it’s been funny watching him as i know he didn’t like classic, but he also didn’t care as much as some people claim he did, but he’s also lamenting that he’s having more fun in classic than retail and he wishes he didn’t he wishes retail was just as good, but that’s just what i’ve gotten from watching his TDP’s /shrug
i’m less bias since i don’t hate streamers, and i understand nuance and sarcasm and don’t take things personally when someone says ‘‘xx is terrible or i don’t like x’’ .

You find it insulting to be told that segregation is a bad thing…
:exploding_head: there are still people like you on earth that aren’t hiding in a bomb shelter? i’m shocked.

Right-click report. There was a lot of people against this, but now that tune is changing.

The damage is done while they are still active in the same place. Everyone here who is weirdly terrified by retail tourists only need to use P60 and 70 as an example, yet many of them turn around and defend them by saying “oh, these people are just having fun!” And are now complaining about the streamers or trolls, forgetting that they have some solutions for their gameplay.

Your segregation argument is even dumber considering we already segregate servers.

and I read through the front page. If blizzard thinks the forums at all represents a portion of the playerbase I believe they will seriously consider a non-streaming server or they will encourage the major streamers to announce before launch what servers they are on.

Basic math suggests there are more people that support streamers than there are people that want to banish them onto “non-streaming servers.” This is not an idea that is ever going to pick up steam because it is a bad idea. Nobody is ever forced to play on certain servers because of their occupations; there is no precedent for doing the same to streamers.

yah i hear him calling out the validity of the numbers on the petition, I agree with that .

and when he made this video the petition had a lot less ‘sigs’ than it ended up with, so what he was saying was pretty right on in regards to that number, it got bigger later which made it look a lot better.

Thats not sabotaging, or trying to prevent anything, he has numbers to support what he is saying, others had personal reasons against parts of the community.

I can dig through the old forums and actually find people who were totally against legacy servers, but even them if they tried Classic and ended up liking it, I would not call them hypocritcial, but i would be all “SEE told you!”,

But what people have trouble with is they do not think you can like both versions for some reason, so if you like Current, you don’t ‘qualify’ to like Classic. Which is actually hypocritical since we try and maintain the Classic community is so much superior to Current, but yet some want to gate keep something like , well liking the game,lol.

Yea i’m one of them crazy people who like retail and classic, but i would prefer if retail was just as fun as classic is looking.

1 Like

Preach? I remember him saying he got disinvited or something so no , he did not go.

Well of course. This classic forum was pretty quiet until Beta got announced with the streamers.

Then we had an exponential flood of streamer groupies.
All they want to post about are the streamers.
Don’t see many posts about the actual game mechanics/class mechanics etc.

1 Like