The time has come, Turn blood into the 3rd dps spec

I would be interested in a blood dps spec but not at the cost of the most fun tank spec in the game.

1 Like

Ill pass buddy. Quite like my bdk, plus dps queue vs tank queue.

1 Like

BDK is one of the few unique ways of tanking we have, using our own massive health pools as our wall through heavy self regeneration. I don’t think giving that up in favor of a DPS would be all that great.

Now if it could be done to give Blood both so it can be a Regen Tank and a Bruiser, sure, but with how the talent trees are currently it’d be concerning not only for the balance of the spec as a whole, but also for the party members of those who pick everything from the DPS side and then queue as Tank.

Honestly, it’d probably be easier to just make Unholy or Frost the Bruiser, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

1 Like

Seems like people forget how busted full arp blood was in BGs back in wotlk; basically a full on dps.

I think people forget how boring and bare bones the spec was when gearing and talenting for DPS. Outside of keeping diseases rolling and rune conversion it was just Heart Strike spam and dumping RP with Death Coil.

1 Like

I pretty much only play Blood in PvP and I try to forsake as much survivability for damage as possible. It is all I want. Interestingly enough, Blood might be back to a pseudo-damage specialization next season due to our recent PvP multiplier increases and our set bonuses.

• DEATH KNIGHT
    • Blood
      • Heart Strike damage increased by 20% in PvP combat.
      • Blood for Blood (PvP Talent) has been removed.

Decent increase in general damage and the Vampiric Blood bonus is disgusting. Pretty much will never die, especially if it works with Improved Vampiric Blood.

I would love both Blood damage and Mists of Pandaria versions of Demonology.

1 Like

blood is just thematically the coolest spec in the game imo, really wish there was some sort of vampiric dps spec

i agree with blood being the most BA tank in the game for sure, Its also my personal favorite to play but as a pvper im dps biased

2 Likes

Might be an unpopular opinion but I always had wished they would have made frost the dedicated tank spec and blood into the DPS spec. I had way more fun as a frost tank than I ever did a blood tank. We can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube though.

I think the best and perhaps most realistic hope for blood is for objective oriented BG’s to become the premier form of rated PVP in WoW. At least then there would be incentive to balance tanks for PVP a bit more than they may today and I could bust out blood now and again.

2 Likes

I always thought frost had a good theme for tanking, though blood does too. But all the possibilities for using ice as a defensive mechanism seems like it could build itself. I would honestly like to see a few of the tank specs given an ability to be DPS, but that seems like adding fuel to a fire to put it out.

With the way Blood is currently designed and structured, I don’t think Blood Deeps is likely.

DK does not need to lose its tank spec. We have already been shafted enough by bad development decisions.

2 Likes

as long as I can have frost back as a tanking spec.

1 Like

Agreed. I really wish they would’ve found a way to keep the any-spec-a-tank mechanic intact. It couldn’t have stayed the way it was for balance reasons, but I think there are ways they could’ve solved for that with design. It would’ve been a nice, druid-esque way to distinguish DK from the rest and give it a bit more of that hero-class feel.

1 Like

Blood is cool but I wish I had an option to dps with it. With a few changes (bringing back armor penetration) it could be fun.

2 Likes

I always though of Frost as more of the tank spec anyway.

Blood dps was so fun.

1 Like

dude i feel the exact same way when idiots say they want to turn frost into a tank spec.

1 Like

lmfao no. stop trying to get frost ruined.

1 Like

Tank’s rotation is too simple to make it into a dps spec.
Giving blood an dps option can mess up both options.
Prot war used to have a dps stance in catalysm, but blizzard had troubles to balance it and removed it right after catalysm and never intended to make it come back.
Even for simple 2h and vs 1h in 1 spec like frost dk and and fury warrior, blizzard has never been capable to make them equal.

I liked blood in wotlk, I also liked frost tank back then as well. No to ranged unholy let me keep the decaying frontline fighter who spreads decay from their strikes and abilities with pets to help

It was too simple back when it was an actual option. You only really had to do 4 things. Keep dots up with pestilence, Death Strike to convert runes, heart strike spam and Death Coil used on RP. Even the opener is one of the easiest things for Blood DPS. But realistically we have Blood DPS, its called a warrior.

1 Like