The TBC Classic Community wants Dual Spec

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I know it’s popular to meme on retail, but at least don’t be stupid about it.

There are very legitimate concerns in shadowlands involving covenant abilities and legendaries (to a lesser extent) that are trapping people in specs; at times gating them from being competitive in all but a single form of content.

It would be best to release it now. We get it come wrath anyways, but taking 1k (the wrath cost) per character out of the economy now would be super beneficial for the game.

Gib dual spec!

It’s not just the gold. Respeccing and having to redo all your keybinds and bars is so annoying

1 Like

Dual spec was an improvement to the game. It should be here. It fixes problems with tank and healer shortages. This is proven.

What ruined the game was LFG. I would draw the line at LFG, but dual spec is fine.

This argument is weak, since the reason gold sinks aren’t meaningful is due to botting, which is yet another issue that should not exist in the first place.
If botting is addressed, gold sinks will become meaningful again, which in turn means one such useful goldsink taking on its proper significance: respeccing.
Less reason to grind gold = less reason to play, and in a game that’s already struggling with content replayability, this sort of dynamic ought to be the last thing to strive towards.

Convenience-related changes only lead to concatenation, into more changes, into wrath of the lich king. Convenience is what eventually brought us LFR.
I’m here to play TBC, not WoTLK. Save this stuff for then.

1 Like

Oh, you make it sound so easy…

Dual spec is gone and let’s keep it that way :heart::pray::ok_hand:I know Blizz can do the right thing.

2 Likes

The opposite is proven. Retail allows you to spec anything as you please and the gear is even universal so it’s convenient as all get out…still have issues finding tanks.

3 Likes

Citation needed.

LoL no. At best it mitigates them slightly.

2 Likes

Please. I’ve spend 350G in respects the last 10 days.

If they implemented duel spec there wouldnt be a shortage of tanks. No one wants too tank main spec while trying to do world quest or even pvp for that matter. Unless youre a feral druid. So yeah lets add duel spec!

Yes Plz!!!

Just make a thread asking people if they liked Death Knights in WotLK.

Then cite it.

Problem solved.

Blizzard is incompetent, I don’t think dual spec is ever coming.

in general, i am for dual spec. but i do realize that this is a major change. i don’t think its a game breaking flaw like LFR or autogroupfinder/port to dungeon tool. but i can see the merit in not bringing this to tbc.

the solution is to drastically reduce the cost of respec. either cap it out at 10 or 15g, or have the cost decay bring it down to 10g every week. be nice to have an in game (or via addon) way to save action bar layouts too.

something this simple and we don’t really need dual spec.

and lets be honest, if dual spec was in tbc it would be min/maxed to death and people would be respeccing between trash and bosses. it would be a sh*tshow and would add other problems to the game. i’d still rather have this than nothing.

but the intermediate solution makes it so you can try another spec out or fill a role your guild raid or even pug is missing without it becoming punishing.

That’s the only possible issue with adding it. But that could be easily fixed by requiring players change spec in a major city and it was on a cool down.

There are no death knights in TBC. The claim was about many changes already made to TBCC that were well received.

Paladins sharing seals was well received, that much is true. I don’t know that Boosts and the warp stalker mount were. Pretty much everything involving PvP remains controversial.

I still say “many” is a big stretch.

Correct, but that’s not what Delimicus was saying. He was responding to someone who claimed the following:

In context, the discussion was concerning changes that were made during the TBC to Wrath transition, changes that were well-received.

So that’s why I listed Death Knights as an example as one of the changes to the game was the introduction of a new class: Death Knights.

As far as I know, Death Knights were well-received and were a popular addition to the game. But if you want citation data on that right now I suggest you start a poll.

Again, for the umpteenth time - there is already an available way in game to change one’s spec. Dual spec is not necessary.
If the only motivation is ‘money’ and ‘convenience’, then that’s not sufficient imo to warrant cheapening the important character choices we make.

3 Likes