[The Sunreavers] are home in Dalaran!

The Quarterly Conclave,
Night one: Meet-and-greet

Even though their duties meant that not many were able to attend, The Sunreavers of Dalaran hosted the Meet-and-greet which precedes the Quarterly Conclave of the Kirin Tor.

The event is held to extend a warm welcome to the guests and visitors of Dalaran ahead of the formal meeting which will be held the following day at the Citadel.

On a personal level, the Magister of the Sunreavers was delighted, as always, to be able to welcome their allies from the field to the city he calls home, and ensure that all luxuries and amenities are made available to them all.

Today, on Saturday March 19th at 5pm, the Conclave will occur at the Violet Citadel.

The Sunreavers are recruiting!

If you’re looking for a blood elf/Thalassian only guild, focused on investigating threats to Quel’Thalas, Dalaran and all of azeroth, get in touch or comment below! We’d love to hear from you…

The Sunreavers in Orgrimmar

On Sunday, the Sunreavers arrived via portal to the Horde capital of Orgrimmar. After a few days, they will journey to Mulgore and attend the Wolfmane Tribe’s Dance of the Earthmother festivities.

1 Like

To enlist with The Sunreavers

Thalassian elves of good-lawful nature and who’s values align with the Sunreavers/Kirin Tor and are wishing to enlist should do so by filling out this application form:

An officer will be in touch within 48 hours to discuss the application and explore enlistment.

May the Eternal Sun guide you!

Recruit Orientation

Interested Thalassian elves wishing to enlist with the Sunreavers must seek out Magister Axiann Sungazer, in Dalaran, for an interview. The Magister gets to know the new candidate and assesses how they and their skills will benefit the order.

Once the recruit is accepted, they are given their first orders: to go through Recruit Orientation. They are given a Sunreavers’ tour of Dalaran, their new home, ending with a visit to the Sunreavers’ headquarters inside the Tower of the Guardian.

After Orientation, if the officer still feels good about the recruit, they are asked if they are ready to begin the Path of the Initiate. Should they agree, they are officially admitted to the ranks of the Sunreavers, and given their next orders to begin various levels of assessment.

Weekly Briefing
On Friday afternoon, The Sunreavers gathered for their weekly briefing in their home within the Tower of the Guardians. They discussed events happening around the world and received new orders to return to the Plaguelands to assist the Argents and the Coalition in their ongoing investigation.

The Legerdemain Lounge
Following the briefing, some of the Sunreavers made their way to their regular spot at the Legerdemain Lounge. They were surprised to find members of the Silver Vanguard there, seemingly enjoying themselves in a similar fashion.

A heated argument followed, with the leaders and members of each faction accusing each other of atrocities, of betrayal and of treacherous behaviors of the past. Not all sought conflict, and a few calm voices began breaking through. Eventually, the factions and their leaders agreed that they must share the streets of Dalaran, and made an effort to find common ground.

Addendum (OOC):
This was by far one of the best encounters this guild has ever had! It has been seven years of hoping for a Silver Covenant guild to play against/with, and it was everything I had hoped it would be.

1 Like

Will delete this later.

The Path of the Initiate:
Flight Mastery Assessment

The Sunreavers have a reputation for being skilled Dragonhawk riders, expertly flying their armoured mounts into battle. But that skill comes at the price of countless hours spent bonding and training with a trusted ‘hawk. For the new initiate, this training begins with an assessment of your ability to handle your very own Dragonhawk.

On Monday, Magister Sungazer lead new initiates on a flight mastery assessment with a Dragonhawk race around the Broken Isles. From Suramar to Stormheim, around Highmountain and through Val’shara, the initiates needed to demonstrate speed, agility and an ability to handle their mounts to be able to keep up.

3 Likes

Magister Axiann Sungazer, within the Tower of the Guardians, issued new orders:

Sunreavers,

We prepare to return to the Plaguelands. An ongoing threat has lead to the displacement of Forsaken refugees to the Ghostlands of Quel’Thalas. The Archmage has requested we return to aid the coalition in investigating this threat.

Gather any supplies needed for an investigation and/or potential combat.

Magister Axiann Sungazer

1 Like

Seven years ago, while on a hiatus from WoW, I started to feel the itch to return to Azeroth. But I needed something different, something more to be able to enjoy the game beyond its quests and levels.

I had heard about role-play, and the idea of fleshing out a character had always intrigued me. I did some research and decided to create a level one character on Wyrmrest Accord, and see what that server was like.

I was floored. There were people in Silvermoon City! The streets were alive with all sorts of characters walking (yes, walking) around, chatting with others, and all in character. I sat myself on a bench, and within seconds someone came to chat with me.

I needed no further convincing. I transferred Axiann from his old server and never looked back.

I decided Axiann would be a Sunreaver, and wanted that tag above his head, just like the NPCs had. That is the only reason I started the guild, truly, and I thank my lucky stars the guild name was available.

Seven years later, we are still here. Not only do we have a presence and reputation on this server, but we have become a home to some amazing characters and players.

On this, our seven year anniversary, I pledge that the Sunreavers will continue to provide a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for all those wanting to role-play as a Kirin Tor aligned Blood Elf and explore and protect Azeroth together.

I am thrilled to continue to collaborate with amazing server leaders on the Year 35 (YOTS Epilogue Campaign) and am thrilled at the possibilities this coming Tuesday’s Expansion announcement will bring.

See you all in Azeroth, and may the Eternal Sun continue to shine on you all.

Axiann
Guild Master

7 Likes

Today and tomorrow, April 18th and 19th from 5pm to 6:30pm, come find Magister Axiann Sungazer in Silvermoon City to inquire about enlistment with the guild.

2 Likes

Hey! I missed congratulating you on your anniversary, but I wanted to say congratulations! Seven years is truly amazing, especially with all the rough patches in WoW’s content we’ve been through. Great work, great GM, and a great group of people to RP with!

2 Likes

Thanks, Bel! That means a lot! :slight_smile:

The Sunreavers
descend into the Underbelly

Two weeks ago, when the Coalition investigated Marris Stead (in the Plaguelands), a portal was discovered. Some scrying detected the end-point to be Dalaran, however that scrying was detected, and someone at the other end closed and sealed the portal. Having returned briefly to Dalaran, The Sunreavers were poised to find the location of that portal. A locator spell indicated the portal had been in the Underbelly.

The Sunreaver party descended into the sewers and first met with Captain Raethan of the Underbelly Guard, a bitter, sarcastic man who was not much help. The group then began their search. Clues or curious objects found included: the fragments of a torn spell, a reagent pouch (empty) and an old Lordaeron silver coin.

Local lowlife was also interrogated, and while many would not speak, it was deduced that a portal had been in use in one of the abandoned warehouses, until the night of the Marris Stead investigation, when it closed for good, and two robed, cloaked figures emerged.

The Sunreavers approached the building in question, but felt immediately sick to their stomachs. Wards had beens et up and needed to be deactivated to proceed.

Finally, the building was entered. It had been completely emptied with no evidence remaining, except the residual energy that is left from any portal use. A quick spell exposed that energy, and the Sunreavers had all the proof they needed that the portal had in fact originated in Dalaran.

Finally, a quick study of the anchor-runes, scratched out and destroyed, revealed that the portal had been crafted by a magus but was stable and permanent, needing a simple incantation, useable by anyone, to open it on command.

3 Likes

Both Northrend and Legion Dalaran Underbelly are so underused. Great adventure for the night.

1 Like

Founded 7 years ago in 2015, we are a role-play guild for thalassian elf followers of Archmage Aethas Sunreaver of Quel’Thalas and the Kirin Tor. This unit, lead by Magister Axiann Sungazer, calls Dalaran home but often finds themselves on the front lines of threats to Azeroth.

Whether you are a aspiring Guardian of the Arcane, a Sentinel of the Light or a skilled Spellbow in the making, there is room in our ranks for your character.

Active mostly on weekends (and the occasional weekend), we are looking to continue expanding in preparation for Dragonflight, with full intentions of role-playing actively through the new contient and content.

Please click here to submit an application and get in touch with an officer!

2 Likes

The Sunreavers are in Silvermoon City!

Today, Tuesday May 17th, one walkinga round Silvermoon may run into Sunreavers, who arrived via portal from Dalaran earlier today…

Friday Nights
at the Legerdemain Lounge

Sometimes, after a long week of duty, one just needs to head down to one’s favorite lounge for cocktails and conversation. One never knows what or whom one will find there!

Thanks to the Duskwatch Saberguard for hosting another edition of Lounging in Legerdemain. Always a good time and gosh does it feel nice to have Dalaran feel alive!

3 Likes

The candles flickered on a moment before the doors to the Chamber of the Guardian opened, allowing Axiann to enter the room, its walls aligned with books and tomes. He walked right up to the raised dais and stood in the center of the circle.

Raising his outstretched arms, his palms open, he reached out with his magical abilities and connected with the mana crystals that provided power to the room and connected it to the rest of the Tower, the city, and the Violet Citadel itself.

He inhaled sharply as he came into contact with the power: syphoned directly from a ley-line beneath the city of Dalaran, the energy was filtered and purified within the complex of the Citadel and distributed to the network of mana crystals all over the city. Within the Tower of the Guardians, Axiann had used that energy to empowered the wards and enchantments that kept their headquarters safe.

Waving his hands and fingers in intricate patterns, he began to trace symbols in the air around himself. As he did, more appeared, sporadically at first, but eventually forming a complete picture: a visualization of the Tower’s wards. Satisfied, he relaxed a bit, and began to inspect the individual symbols, each a component of the spellwork involved.

One by one, he began to spot symbols that were weaker, more faded, than the rest. With intent and focus, he would redirect power to that symbol and recharge it, causing it to return to full brightness.

One by one, he fed the spell the energy it needed, and he could sense the wards growing more powerful around him. As if the walls were stronger, the lights, brighter, and the floor a little more solid.

*Satisfied with the morning’s work, he released his connection with the energy and the mana crystals and let the symbols return to their passive, invisible state. True, he had done a task more suited to a Guardian, but he enjoyed doing this sort of work from time to time. It kept him grounded. *

Now, to replenish his own energy, he required coffee.

2 Likes

THE WEEKLY BRIEFING

The Sunreavers met in the Chamber of the Guardians in Dalaran to discuss current events and the path forward. Many items of interest were discusses, including:

• The skies over Northrend have reportedly returned, cloudy cover and a peak at the stars overhead replacing the shattered veil that occupied that space for over 18 months;
  • The Argent Crusade confirm having retaken and re-manned all of their outposts in the Icecrown and surrounding areas;
  • Suspicious activity continues to grow in Quel’thalas;
  • The Farstriders, Blood Knights and Magisters seem to be on top of things there;
  • The Plaguelands seem to have stabilized for the most part
  • Andorhal remains in the Coalition’s control, and also a political powder keg: it has been decided that the forsaken refugees should return, however part of the Coalition guard is comprised of human Alliance soldiers;
  • Someone in the area, likely remaining cultists, are spreading propaganda to instill a deep dislike for all undead.

While all of these developments are important, the Magister informed the unit that Archmage Sunreaver is sending them to rejoin the Coalition, in Andorhal, to try and add a stabilizing presence and encourage diplomacy in upholding the “neutral” values of the Coalition.

The Sunreavers will arrive in Andorhal and join the Coalition today.

1 Like