The State of Dungeons - Bring Back Badges and Difficulty

Haven’t done M+. Can’t really say if it’s the same or not, but if the only thing your solution does is relegate toxicity back to heroics, then I don’t want it. Keep it in M+ with the 15+ keys.

1 Like

No, the esports guy is still in full control of every Blizzard “Product” and is going to shove Esports down our throats until the company is bankrupt.

1 Like

They tried that at the start of Cata. People whined endlessly.

High M+ is the best we’re going to get in term of dungeon.

3 Likes

Thats because there is a lot of timegates and gate-keeping that prevents the general playerbase into hitting higher M+ , Pre-nerf cata Dungeons was just an LFD click away .

The result would have been the same.

i loved the currency system they had years back where you could buy upgrades and such. if blizzard would bring this back, they can make changes accordingly, such as tier gear designed for raids, gear that benefit dungeon running (like aoe gear), or even novelty and/or cosmetic gear. bring back some fun to the grind.

1 Like

You obviously haven’t done any high keys…ever.

4 Likes

Sure I have, Hunter.

They are painful. It is rare you find DPS or tanks that know how to kite, interrupt, or use self-defense abilities. Hunters are notorious for dying first and ignoring mechanics even though they have an immune and a self-heal. Healers truly see the state of the player base because we watch your healthbars and see how much the dps or tank really know about the game or their skill levels.

1 Like

You don’t CC in high keys outside of a few stuns here and there if you have competent damage.

What do you consider high?

15+, and anything higher.

I consider high as being the point in which if the dps or tank keep missing their interrupts in spells that 2 shot people, high. I would love to go higher than 15 or 16’s, but that seems to the limit for what the pug tanks and dps are able to do, IF I am lucky with a group. Past 15-16, if the dps and tanks are quite good and use their spells correctly, it isn’t really doable otherwise.

You don’t even have a keystone conqueror achievement, how exactly do you know these things? :man_facepalming:

Having done them previously.

The fact that you took the time to look is comical. That person may have done every dungeon as a +20, but the group kept falling apart on the final boss or their internet kept d/cing.

Don’t assume things because you are bored.

I have done plenty of 15+'s where one person in the group said 20 mins in, “got to go sorry”. One of the main reasons I was short 4 dungeons for my keystone achiev (I also quit for many months of BFA). Along with just terrible players.

1 Like

That’s how it was in VoW on cordana and BRH trash packs.

Neither of yall actually do any “difficult” content where CCs and interrupts are actually needed, so I’m done here :v:

1 Like

Uh huh. Take care and don’t let the door hit you on the way out, bbuuuuttt it probably will cause you’re a hunter.

Would love to see this again. They basically replaced badges and dungeon gearing with world quests, which tells you a lot about the direction the game has gone in.

M+ is a different thing but I guess that is a branch off this tree too. The badge gear and stuff was definitely replaced with open world stuff.

This is happening literally now, the squish made dungeons harder, especially cata ones and the vast majority of people I met in game is complaining about it.
Yesterday by the end of the stonecore the only 2 people that remained from the starting group was the tank and I on my mage lol

5 Likes

I mean I’ve raided since ZG launched, raided in tbc which required attunements which required going through dungeons that needed more CC then anything the recent expansions had, and then ontop of that when the cata arrived its heroics brought back difficulty that basically had the playerbase exploding, meanwhile I live, laughed, and Cc’d.

1 Like