The Stable Master: Garn-Tooth Necklace

Hello, everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to get the Garn-Tooth Necklace.

I need it for The Stable Master achievement in order to get my Armored Frostwolf.

I've read this page as to when I can obtain it (I need a level 3 Stables), but I'm not sure where to get it.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9540/the-stable-master#comments

Thank you in advance!
This item becomes available once you unlock and build the level 3 Stables and lets you loot it from the ground in your stables. Having the necklace in your bag while defeating the daily quest beasts gives you progress towards The Stable Master achievement.
how does that work if you already trained all the mounts
11/19/2014 05:20 AMPosted by Crazybeast
how does that work if you already trained all the mounts

I was wondering that in beta but never got a chance to ask for clarification. I had the necklace and got credit for 3 of the mounts in training. Figured it was bugged.

Don't know if you get credit for it if you ride your new mount and re-kill those named beasties again.

Crazybeast: I see you got Advanced Husbandry but did you complete everything and receive all your new mounts already?
Yeah I'm not sure how this works.

Do you still get the dailies afterwards? I mean if you need to have all the mounts trained for a level 3 stable, but you stop getting the quests to train mounts when they're fully trained....
There are 2 versions of the whistle, one for the quests, one for a loan at level 3 stables with 3 charges. Not sure if you can loot all 6 whistles on the same day though.
For some reason, I have ONE kill with the moth. I don't know how, I never remembered having/getting it, nor do I have any idea which mount I supposedly killed it with. Much confusion. Because it's not in my bags to my knowledge and I've only got a level 2 Stable so far.
11/22/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Alterkate
For some reason, I have ONE kill with the moth. I don't know how, I never remembered having/getting it, nor do I have any idea which mount I supposedly killed it with. Much confusion. Because it's not in my bags to my knowledge and I've only got a level 2 Stable so far.

Its just a bug, it was on beta too, just wasn't fixed, its not a huge thing though, its 1/36 less you have to do! :p

11/22/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Ryken
11/22/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Alterkate

Its just a bug, it was on beta too, just wasn't fixed, its not a huge thing though, its 1/36 less you have to do! :p

I cannot disagree with this logic, lol.
11/20/2014 09:29 PMPosted by Ryken
There are 2 versions of the whistle, one for the quests, one for a loan at level 3 stables with 3 charges. Not sure if you can loot all 6 whistles on the same day though.

Is there any confirmation of this elsewhere?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118353 Normal
http://www.wowhead.com/item=119442 Charges
You can loot all 6 whistles all day as many times as you want. I have killed everything I needed to kill for the Stable Master achieve, mount, and title, but I have not gotten the title or anything that goes along with it for some reason. I have been reading that I am not alone on this as it seems to be some sort of bug that numerous people are having. We shall see. For those wondering where you get the whistles, talk to Tormak at the stables, he will give them to you. Horde side that is, I do not know the Alliance equivalent.

Ok, so a fix for the achievement bug is to just make sure you kill the moth 6 times. When starting this achieve it says you already have one kill, it does not count. Happy hunting!
12/01/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Magnesheyum
Ok, so a fix for the achievement bug is to just make sure you kill the moth 6 times. When starting this achieve it says you already have one kill, it does not count. Happy hunting!
This worked for me, thanks.
Good thing I saw this beforehand. Thanks Mag!
Is anyone unable to locate the Garn-Tooth Necklace?

I have a level 3 garrison and have no rained up all mounts and done the black claw achievement but i can't locate Garn-Tooth Necklace.

I have been told its right near the claw but there is nothing there.
you need the level 3 stables, after you build that one of the stable workers should have a quest about the Garn-Tooth necklace that is sitting by the claw.
I found it right next to the "door" to enter the stables sitting on a table after I talked to one of the workers about the necklace.
12/09/2014 10:44 PMPosted by Liannara
Is anyone unable to locate the Garn-Tooth Necklace?I have a level 3 garrison and have no rained up all mounts and done the black claw achievement but i can't locate Garn-Tooth Necklace.I have been told its right near the claw but there is nothing there

I am having the exact same problem and just opened a ticket after a few days of wasted time and a lot of frustration. I have not only a level 3 Garrison but a level 3 stables. I finished the achievement with the black claw. I have learned all of the permanent mounts now and got the Master of Mounts Achievement. I have also talked to the npc and got the temp whistles for the next achievement with the necklace.

Here's my problem: I have no necklace. It is not in my stables. I have scoured them. I have talked to every npc in there. I went to wowhead, google and forums and looked at comments and pictures. It is NOT there. I am hoping I don't get one of the responses I usually do from a ticket saying, "sorry can't give you hints, try wowhead." because there is obviously a problem here for me right now.
I am having the EXACT same problem Tyreyne described. I've talked to every dang NPC in my garrison just in case. I've gotten the Master of Mounts Achievement, level 3 Garrison, level 3 stables, done the black claw of Seethe. I have even checked every nook and cranny in the Garrison all to no avail. There is NO necklace in my entire garrison, let alone the stables. Obviously there is an issue and I nearly fear opening a ticket like Tyreyne said.. Maybe a blue can give us some information if this is a known bug, or.... ?
Adding this on here in case it helps you, Tranquille. I copied it from another post I made:

Did you by chance have a friend visit your garrison after you made a lvl 3 stable. I seen somewhere where a person visiting a friends garrison and looted the necklace and then his friend couldn't get it until he deleted from his bag.

I did have a friend visit, he doesn't have stables as one of his buildings though. I will ask him to check his bags and will repost whether or not that's the issue. Thanks for the help. I am still waiting for a response to my ticket as the necklace still hasn't shown up.

update: My friend checked his bags and bank and, unfortunately, no necklace. He said he didn't even pick anything up in my garrison. So, that's not the problem. Thanks though, at least it was worth a try.

I am going to edit and add this in case anyone has the same noob moment I did. Put a duncecap on my ton's avatar, that's how I felt when this issue got solved. I have a level 3 garrison and had purchased and learned the plans for the level 3 stables. However, I hadn't actually gone to my architect's table and put the process in motion! My stables technically then were level 2. I hope this helps anyone else out who has a noobtimers moment like I did. I got the necklace once the stables upgraded.