The Social Experience

And no, this actually isn’t an RDF post. I just wanted to vent real quick about the “social experience” that everyone goes on about. It was fine while leveling. There were a few jerks but they were few and far between.

But once I hit endgame? Hoo boy. Everyone stopped being nice.

Gearscore too low? Hope you didn’t plan on playing the game. I’ve spent the entire duration of phase 1 running heroics to get my gs up and somehow despite every slot being 200 item level, it’s still too low for phase 1 content.

And that’s only the beginning. Not using the right spec? You aren’t playing the game either. You enjoy your own custom made spec better than copy-pasting it from wowhead? You’re not having fun the right way.

Don’t have the right addons? Well. that’s even worse. I’ve been sent death threats. suicide hotline numbers and constant harassment in and out of game on platforms like discord and reddit where people already know which character I play on.

Everytime I try to join a raid, I get so nervous that they’ll find out I’m “not playing the right way” that it feels like my heart is about to jump out of my throat.

It just isn’t fun. I loved this game when I was a kid but as an adult, it feels like a second job that I’m constantly about to get fired from.

30 Likes

Thank you, Dragonmommy.

1 Like

You’re a joker my brotha. :crazy_face:

Might be time to join a proper guild to help you better enjoy the game. I think you might be hypebeasting things up just a little too much.

Have a great weekend

Believe me, I WISH I was joking.

Its the reason why I’m using a retail character to vent.

I’m legitimately afraid of what would happen if I posted this on a character that I actually play.

2 Likes

Welcome to retail Classic. This toxic parse culture over an ancient game with super easy content and lead a once super fun social team work game to become a cesspit.

The community is the equivalent of bronze lobbies in league now.

8 Likes

And you should be. People will try to find parses and bully you and tell you it’s a skill issue and you suck and should go back to retail.

1 Like

Wrong forum

2 Likes

Nope, this is about my experience in Classic. Forum is correct.

2 Likes

WotLK is BARELY classic, not at all in my book. It’s just retail lite. WotLK caters to raiding as 90% of the game so you’ll just get people who ONLY care about raiding.

Social experience that is touted is from vanilla wow.

10 Likes

Unfortunately even prior to the latest GS infatuation in Wrath, there were persons that were abusive to others after a decline over spec or gear choice or being in the wrong guild that “cleared too slow” and a myriad of other reasons. Things like that were put out there all the time in /say be it in Shattrath during TBCC or Orgrimmar back in 2019. I know it happens Alliance side as well. Just because you have not seen it or been subject to it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. There are people that put a great deal of emphasis on playing a specific way (it’s been that way since the beginning of classic) and it’s best to make a mental note to avoid them if you still want to enjoy yourself in game playing your way without feeling that it’s a job.

Sometimes the critique is reasonable but if someone is continuing even after declining you or whispering or using the in game mail system to harass, please report this to Blizzard. Yes, I know the ticket system is slow and overwhelmed but for your own wellbeing please report and ignore the abusive individuals, OP.

I have not had that kind of nastiness directed at me but I have an amazing guild and after encountering one too many badly behaved players as far back as the original classic release I’ve not done too much grouping outside of my guild.

That hurt to read. I cannot stress enough how important it is to find a guild of people that you can live your best game life with. It makes things so much better. I hope you can or have found that group, OP. And you as well, Redrum.

2 Likes

This is the classic forum, not the Wrath forum.

there is a wrath classic forum. go there
we cannot be bothered with your troubles, silly dracythr

Am… Am I being trolled right now?

You can’t be serious…

2 Likes

You in the forums that is focused on Classic vanilla. There is a classic wotlk forum in which you can get more specifics on wotlk topics. In vanilla, we have a social experience so your post doesn’t apply lol

1 Like

But… No one posts about Vanilla here.

All I see is threads about H+ which is Wrath and a million “Som2 when?” threads

1 Like

That’s vanilla my friend I’ll see you there where people are actually nice and the game is more social

4 Likes

Also I just tried posting this to the Wrath forum and it was taken down like instantly

you shouldn’t let these people bully you into posting elsewhere. you spoke of your cumulative experience, from classic vanilla through classic wrath, and this then qualifies as a valid forum to post in.

4 Likes

Given that she’s talking about gearscore and heroics and having 200 item level gear in every slot, no, this is not the correct forum.

2 Likes

well then you have your answer :expressionless:

1 Like