The "social aspect" people are so vehemently clinging to died long ago

it’s been dead. you know it, i know it, everybody knows it.

quit pretending like people say anything more than “inv” when you run dungeons in classic.

quit pushing for the absence of a system in favor of an arbitrary, tedious and inefficient alternative.

if you don’t like it, don’t use it, but we all know you will. you know how nice it would be deep down.

any meaningful social interaction has and always will come from healthy guilds. LFD has nothing to do with that. and just because you’re in a healthy guild doesn’t magically give you access to 4 other people whom will cover all roles needed all the time for you to run dungeons with, also at your current level range.

heroics in wrath aren’t hard. they’re meant to be bite sized, daily content to do. they don’t need an arbitrary 30+ min time sink just to get a group together.

leveling dungeons are non-existent on TBCC due to the current grouping “system” we have. you can’t find any groups unless it’s a boosting service. if you added LFD to TBCC tomorrow, you’d be able to find groups from levels 15-70 as any role within 30 mins or less, any time. all while being able to quest or do whatever other activities you want while waiting.

no one likes having to level alts strictly through the quests they’ve already done before. this is where LFD comes in to break up that monotony. or better yet, incentivizes people to play tanks/healers so they can spam dungeons and level more efficiently, which helps fill out a role that is usually very under-played.

people selling boosts do far more damage to the “community” of the game than LFD ever could. in what world is paying gold to have someone else 1 shot the entire dungeon for you 5 times in a row a better community/social experience than having an automated system find a group for you where you would actually participate in the dungeon?

best of all. LFD was in the patch that classic wrath is to be based off of. it’s literally part of the game and experience that we’re to be re-experiencing. to remove it is to take away from the experience the game offered at the time it existed.

183 Likes

This so much.

25 Likes

Upvoted/Repped/Liked

It’s Chocolate Time! :chocolate_bar:

20 Likes

i see it for raids but not sitting in lfg for 6 hours spamming lfg…lol.

4 Likes

This sounds like a ‘you’ problem that for whatever reason OP feels like projecting onto other players. My gaming experience is nothing like what was posted.

14 Likes

If it was such a “you” problem, then you wouldn’t have any issues with returning LFD to the game.

You’re probably the type of guy who watches streamers, and then nuthugs them in guild chat/party/raid to your other members.

It’s Chocolate time! :chocolate_bar:

17 Likes

way off base and I don’t have any issues with RDF as it has zero bearing on my gameplay experience
The OP says social gameplay is dead and I’m telling him he is wrong and probably just projecting. Enjoy the chocolate!

7 Likes

I don’t think social gameplay is dead, but I am skeptical about how many people try to find that in 5 mans. Especially if you’re on the 5th or 10th time running something, you just want to get it done fast and efficiently. The vast majority of times I’ve run dungeons in classic vanilla and tbc no one says anything anyway.

9 Likes

on retail, sure
but this is classic
we are trying as best we can to revive the old classic way of playing
is it futile? maybe. but it’s a fight we chose to take on anyway.
getting rid of retail systems like LFD is a no brainer

8 Likes

But lfd was part of wrath, did you ever stop to think maybe it was part of why wrath was so popular?

19 Likes

So true.
At least give us realms with lfd enabled. You’ll see a massive difference in population

18 Likes

it’s not about talking during the group.
it’s about forming the necessary friendships / networks to create that group in the first place, rather than relying on an auto queue.
that’s the socialization we’re talking about.
not to mention the worst part about LFD is the cross-realm aspect of it. this alone completely kills anything resembling a server community. it’s bad enough we have cross-realm BGs, but these are tolerated to keep the queue times down I guess. there’s no reason to do this for dungeons though. form a server community and run dungeons on your server with that community. that’s the classic way of playing.

5 Likes

I should say part of why Wrath is so fondly remembered, because I know LFD came towards the end.

4 Likes

The social aspect of the game is not dead. Classic proved that dead wrong. That’s one of the reasons why it was so darn popular. That and world immersion, but that’s another discussion separate from the sociality of WoW.

1 Like

Do that for raids though, 5 mans don’t need that.

2 Likes

The dungeon finder also doesn’t stop people from starting a social network for completing dungeons either. Back in the day I would often group with guildies, but then we’d use the dungeon finder to maybe fill in one last dps, or the healer, etc.

8 Likes

Another question I would pose, people always say the dungeon finder in wrath was the beginning of the downfall of WoW, but was it that or more the dungeon finder in cataclysm? Wrath dungeons are easy and the dungeon finder fits that better. I can remember dungeons in Cata being much more difficult and toxicity creeping in then.

5 Likes

Mage boosting does so much for “muh social fabric”… good thing we won’t have that darn LFD to ruin it!

16 Likes

hey I’m all for implementing the anti mage boost SoM changes in wrath, hell, it should be in all versions of WoW by default these days.

5 Likes

As someone who got one of their characters boosted by mages/paladins, I dont see why LFD would make me not do that. Do you not understand how much faster it is to get boosted than to dungeon spam, let alone how mind-numbling boring dungeon spamming gets?