The Soar nerf is unnecessary, heavy handed, and plain out unfun

Great defense right? “Blizz didnt ruin it! It already sucked!”

5 Likes

I mean it’s never been fun for me

1 Like

Honestly I could see a lot of people being overwhelmed by the 900% speed, especially on toasters.

That’s probably why they changed it.

Exactly, so why nerf it :stuck_out_tongue:

They didn’t list it as a reason. We’re completely out of the loop if there was any technical reason behind it.

5 Likes

Bad news then because Dragonriding is much faster and is a hard requirement of Dragonflight.

4 Likes

You either piss off the people using toasters or you piss off those of us with high-end gaming rigs. You can’t make us both happy.

Guess who’s more likely to buy WoW tokens and store mounts?

Yeah, that was the wrong call.

2 Likes

I wasn’t impressed with it at any iteration. I think trying to make a rogue-lite/roguelikes. Whatever you want to call it. It just doesn’t work well in a game with as many different variances in classes/specs as WoW.

They wanted to try something “new” for WoW. And I give them credit for that. But I just didn’t see it working out. The only time it become somewhat fun for me was the Jailer type runs or whatever at the end. Just a single platform. Kill everything, move on.

Haha, my laptop cost $3K and I spend like $1K on WoW tokens every other month.

Guess thats money ActiBlizz doesnt want this year.

2 Likes

I heard in the next build when you activate soar it turns your Dracthyr into a bowl of fruit at 575% speed.

6 Likes

Well now that is OP.

5 Likes

Nah, I heard it turns you into a statue made of emeralds and you cant move until a purple Dracthyr named Spyrodormu comes to save you.

1 Like

What do you even do with that gold, lol

It was and still is. I wish they’d give more of the existing races something cool.

Dear OP,
The nerf is working as intended. Blizzard’s mode of operation is to keep you in the game longer and their method is to slow game play down. Flying sethrak does not achieve this goal… not to mention the fact that they have spent the last 3 xpacs gating flying altogether.

3 Likes

It isn’t though. It will never be used outside of fun base jumps. You will never use it over your epic flying mount (or Dragon Flying) for most situations except the one I just mentioned.

1 Like
  1. What are you, a cop?

2. Hard disagree, theres nothing OP about moving in a 17 year old empty zone faster.

Undead can stay under water longer.

1 Like

Yeah and you can place your HS literally anywhere you want.

2 Likes

Literally game breaking.

Plus I hear Night Elves can stealth in place in PvP no matter what class they are.

1 Like

I don’t recall their reasoning in that blue post, but it still looks like a fun ability, imo.

Yeah, but it’s mostly useful for the iframe.