The sharding state is killing it for me

I love Moon Guard, it was the redemption to WoW community. Roleplay is the most fun avenue there is. Interacting people is sweet, meeting new people in a bustling crowd was the best.

But this sharding is killing it, ruining the experience, destroying the pleasure that Moonguard is.

Finding roleplay on the fly without needing to set it up or needing to find an exclusive club for it or needing a guild, in my opinion is the biggest asset of Moon Guard.

But Blizzard broke it and now it’s dealing with a ghost town. Sure Dragonflight is a big step up from previous expansions, but roleplay and this community, with all good and bad is what kept me playing wow.

I’ll be honest I feel bored for the first time. I don’t know how to enjoy the game and only grinding or only trying to collect stuff. I need my social and Roleplay and Blizzard took it away from me and us.

Honestly for the first time, I don’t know if I feel compelled to keep playing wow. At this point I feel like a community server would be probably far more enjoyable.

9 Likes

This too shall pass.

It’s always rough when the server is sharded for an extended time.

You might consider checking out the discord communities to tide you over. There are a few rp events floating around and plenty of people to talk to.

There’s a list here

There’s also nothing wrong with taking a little break from the game until the servers are back to normal if you need.

2 Likes

https://i.imgflip.com/74qppr.jpg I even made a meme about it…

1 Like

Since most RP for the Horde doesn’t take place spontaneously in Orgrimmar this situation for Stormwind reminds me of the clip where Toph takes the gang underground and Sokka mentions how dark it is and how he can’t see a thing. Then Toph says, “Oh no!”

It’s super easy to set up RP and invite people you like. Especially if you’re going outside the populated areas of Stormwind and go to pretty much anywhere else. Find something cool to write about to bring you there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is normal, it happens every expansion drop (and sometimes during in-game events too). There are plenty of roleplayers who work for blizzard, the sharding will eventually be taken down once things have stabilised.

Sometimes they need a little bit of reminding, because RP servers are some of the only servers that don’t have sharded hubs normally. If you want to help, find some twitter posts about this that are gaining traction and give them a boost in anyway you can.

This can feel like the end of roleplay, and these sorts of posts always pop up around this time, but I can assure you they’ll probably be returning in a few weeks time at most.

1 Like

The thing is, I’m pretty sure that the sharding has already gone on longer than it has at the launch of previous expansions. Like you mentioned, they only tend to notice when we rabble about it.

It’s rabblin’ time. Because this has been a really buggy launch, overall, so unless the wheel is squeaking pretty loud, it’s not going to get any grease over the noise caused by other squeaky wheels.

8 Likes

Yeah, it has gone on a little overlong. I keep expecting to see the big RP community thread arise somewhere bringing attention to it, but it seems nobody has gotten up in arms about it just yet. I really do think that’s what it will take, they don’t notice this kind of stuff otherwise.

2 Likes

There’s a big thread in the General Discussion forum that has gone…a tiny bit off the rails as a couple of people have dug in to be…/checks notes…pro-sharding. At least the attempt to educate and/or debate people has kept the thread visible.

But it could definitely use some regular bumps to keep it visible on the front page!

1 Like

Maybe they’ll disable it tomorrow with the maintenance.

1 Like

It definitely doesn’t need the maintenance to happen, it went off during the early evening on a random day after being on for over a week during the prepatch. Maybe the maintenence will remind them, though, I hope.

3 Likes

Update: It did not remind them :dracthyr_cry_animated:

5 Likes