<The Shadow Vault> DK RP & Casual PvE (12/12H)

The Shadow Vault is a group for death knights stationed at the Ebon Blade base of the same name in Icecrown. Most of our roleplay occurs in Northrend.

We are an Alliance guild, but thanks to the Elixir of Tongues, we are happy to invite Horde characters to our events. A corpse is a corpse!

Our goals (IC):

● To execute the orders of the (npc) Deathlord.
● To continue to purge Azeroth of the restless remnants of the Scourge and the Cult of the Damned.
● To maintain diplomatic relations between the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Alliance and Horde.

We are neither good nor evil and recognize the value of our allies. We do what the living cannot, whether they agree with it or not – but we also don’t cause trouble unless the threat to our ties is worth it.

Our goals (OOC):

● To provide a friendly home for death knight roleplayers, and to help repair the poor reputation held by death knight roleplay on the server.
● To function as a reliable, neutral Ebon Blade presence for others to refer to when they need contact with the faction.
● To create and foster roleplay on Wyrmrest Accord related to DKs, the Scourge, the Cult of the Damned, etc.
● To provide assistance for new and leveling Death Knights with questing, dungeons, and learning the class.

This is not a class-restricted guild! We welcome any living characters who have an interest in associating with the Knights of the Ebon Blade: family, diplomats, researchers, historians-- any curious minds who can stand the smell. :slight_smile:

Specializations and Professions

Characters are not required to pursue any of these, but it provides a platform for you to need others and others to need you!

Specializations
Reavers - Your average horrifying death machine soldier knight.
Darkriders - Scouts and aerial support.
Shadowmender - Supportive necromancy / spellcasting.

Professions
Archivists - Librarians and curators. Our unliving Google machines.
Fleshcrafter - Our doctors who repair and maintain undead flesh.
Plaguebrewers - Masters of potions for zombies and blight-herbalism.
Runesmiths - Seek to know everything about every rune and array. Like lawyers, they’re good people to know.
Quartermaster - Keep track of our supplies and handle supply requests. This person is probably organized.

Cult of the Damned

Cult of the Damned characters are also welcome: friends and guildies OOC, enemies IC.

To learn more about this, contact any of us!

Casual PvE

We enjoy casual PvE (H raiding & mythic+ dungeons). We are primarily a RP group, so we are very beginner-friendly and prefer to do lighter content to be more inclusive. Our goal is to enjoy raid time as a stress-free social activity for the guild to do something together outside of RP. We endeavor to obtain AotC every tier and have been successful since we started in HFC. Sometimes we also do the easiest ‘free’ M bosses if we have enough people but no more than that.

What to expect:

● Unscheduled Mythic+ groups forming through the week
● Progression 3 total hours 1 night a week (Saturday 5-8 PM ST).
● Optional fun/pug night for easier raid content (e.g. Normal) on Fridays at 5 PM ST.

Miscellaneous notes:

● This is not a military guild. (Our focus is character development).
● The guild is an OOC construct, as we are not ICly a group called ‘The Shadow Vault’. We simply represent some of the Knights of the Ebon Blade.
● We strive to maintain a good reputation and are somewhat strict regarding characters and play being lore-abiding. We do not support the notions of death knight pregnancy, death knight copulation, death knights who somehow became alive again, death knights who make trouble in major cities, etc. (See website for more).
● We do not tolerate members who troll or harass anyone else on the server.
● There is no age restriction but we happen to mostly be adults. Most of us work during the day and activity is highest at night EST.
● As a medium RP guild, all event attendance is 100% optional.

Please friend Evelyne#1179 to request guild membership.

Thank you for reading and suffer well! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is a great guild, If you like good people who are good at raiding and rp I would recommend these guys.

2 Likes

:hugs: We’re glad to have met you Kert!

M.O.T.H.E.R M is dead! Somehow doing that fight the slow way as a healer was a blast.

Starting up a new RP storyline this Thursday 11/29, regarding a familiar group of Light-wielding antagonists who believe the world would be better off without the Ebon Blade. Their tactic is to find lone death knights out in the world, and outnumber and kill them.

It’s a great time to jump in and join us! DKs from outside the guild are always welcome to join our Discord to join our events and keep in touch.

Such a fantastic group of players.

10/10, highly recommend.

2 Likes

Good bunch of people in this group…even if they wont swap to team red for me.

3 Likes

Thank you friends!

Just wanted to put a quick line out for anybody interested in playing Cult of the Damned characters. Here’s hoping the WC3 remaster will get people interested in playing one!

New forums!

Always looking for new roleplayers! We recently started a new storyline!

2 Likes

Bumping time.

3 Likes

Not enough edge. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Happy birthday to The Shadow Vault! We turned 7!

I just joined this guild on my RP character and I have to say, they’re an amazing bunch. Immediately felt welcome, been invited to participate in great quality RP and help advance story lines. Plus, they’re badass with PVE content too. Really hard to find a guild that can pull off both. Absolutely recommend, folks.

2 Likes

Thank you Yvai <3!

We are always recruiting for more RPers who are interested in DKs and zombies as much as we are!

Going forward into Dazoralor, we are going to continue with raiding one night of progression each week, starting with Normal this Saturday 5-8PM PST. It is likely we will clear normal and treat it as progression before beginning Heroic, as we have always done. We have room for some DPS, about 1 or 2, if anybody is interested in casual weekend raiding. First timers are very welcome!

Had a great time last night and we are 7/9N after our first 3 hour foray! We are looking for a healer as one of ours would like to switch. All classes are okay, whatever you find most fun!

We are starting a new storyline event tonight at 5 PM PST! Just wanted to remind folks that the community at large is welcome to attend our RP events.

On the PvE side of things we still might have room for a healer. Full 9/9N our second raid night and next week we will be trying H! If raiding 3 hours a week on Saturdays appeals to you, hit us up!

I’m very curious about what this storyline might be!

For those of us deciding whether our characters would fit in that storyline, would you mind describing to us the general tone of it?

Like, is it going to be very dramatic? Comedic? Grimdark?

1 Like

Our events typically combine two elements: fighting evildoers abusing dangerous magic, and navigating somewhat morbid moral conundrums. Those moral conundrums usually involve some kind of soul-twisting, agonizing dark magic. We kind of imagine that’s the domain of the Ebon Blade.

That being said, since we have a lot of death knights, who are both a little desensitized to horrific things and desensitized in general, some of our characters aren’t afraid to make jokes about the awful things that are happening. And we try not to make it excessively grim or grim for grim’s sake. But it can and does get a little gory (especially in combat).

In short, it gets grim, but that’s more a byproduct of what’s happening than something we shoot for. It just happens. We tend to actively shoot for assaulting necromancer hideaways, neutralizing curses, and solving murder mysteries.

I hope that helps!

3 Likes

That helps a lot, thanks!

Another question, though: what is the Ebon Blade’s stance on necromancy? Do they want to stop all necromancy outside of their own order, or do they just seek to stop the more harmful, evil necromancers terrorizing the countryside?

I ask because I’ve been thinking of playing a widow who wants to learn necromancy to bring her dead husband back to life (and nothing else!), and I’d like to know whether she’d be welcome among your Ebon Blade RPers!

2 Likes

Ohh, I really like that concept!

We’ve roleplayed the Ebon Blade as strictly against necromancy (unless we’re doing it). It’s a bit hypocritical and that is intentional as a point of IC controversy. The thinking behind it is that it’s people messing with necromancy that got us in this situation in the first place, and that no one except us can understand the gravity of raising something into undeath. Poking around with necromancy is also a sign of being part of the Cult of the Damned, or on the path to it.

So, there might be some pushback. She miiiight be interrogated. But I don’t think she’d be put out. An interest in necromancy is something we have an obligation to deal with. How we would ‘deal with’ someone whose intentions are ultimately innocent is something that tickles our OOC interest in difficult moral situations. So, while I don’t see us helping her with her goal (at least not right away), I definitely see a story there! It won’t be a case of the DKs saying “that’s wrong, go away” and then the RP is over. They must do something about it.

1 Like

We’re always looking for more RPers who share our interests and active times to come play!

Our website has been updated! see tinyurl/tsvguild for lots of info about what we do! We are always looking for more DKs.

1 Like