The Servers Aren't Stressed Enough

“Logging in and stressing the servers”
Sorry can’t help with #2, I can’t get past the character screen to log in. It’s like this has happened to me before :slight_smile:
For reference (as far as I got on each attempt):

1. DC’d after roughly one minute while trying to figure out which realm to log into since PvP was the only option
  2. I got to the character screen on Realm 3, tried to create a pally, it spun for a bit and ended up with “error creating character”
  3. I tried another pally, extending the name I used, and now it’s stuck at “Retrieving character list”

My assumption is on attempt 2, the name i chose was taken since it’s a generic one, because on attempt 3 I simply added characters to the end of that same name and it got past that point.

1 Like

Thanks Belhaven :slight_smile:

It’s not, trust me. Most are just stood still whilst the odd few cling to the desperate hope that they’ll be able to tag the next boar that spawns. It’s literally like just standing in a busy bank whilst only one cashier is on, but everyone’s dressed like a druid. Same in the undead, orc and gnome areas.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m connecting from Europe and somehow I’m getting 0 lag and 0 disconnects and it’s all running smoothly, there’s simply NOTHING to do for three hours. Even all of the critters are lying dead.

3 Likes

So on launch day then we can expect to be booted from the realm(s) we want to play on in order to play on the ones you want us to play on instead?

I mean I don’t get it, if you wanted stressed servers, why have so many available?

3 Likes

I have a feeling they are stressed now lol

2 Likes

I will wait until later. Currently, to many people, all standing around, or jumping up and down, with nothing to do. Waiting on the game 45 minutes to give me mobs I need to complete one quest, in a starting zone, is not my idea of fun. How can we STRESS test, if there are no mobs to kill to complete quests. So far, the test is about logging in, and response times. not killing mobs and completing quests so we can experience something other than the starting zone.
Respawn rates need to be instant in starter areas so there are always some mobs to kill and loot. Being that they are all yellow to us (mostly) having a mob instantly respawn after I killed it would be perfect. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thats,kind of the point yo.

1 Like

They may have over estimated participation. Or perhaps they needed several realms for the first part of their testing, and then closed a bunch off for another set of tests.

I saw this on WoWhead and gave it some stress. SW and Org actually look better than in Cata.

Debbie Downer

So far made it to level 5 on Horde. Went fine for about an hour, and then there was loot lag and quest turn in/vendor lag. But my fps stayed at 18ms, so no internet issues there. While the lag is annoying, I do have to say it brought back memories! :slight_smile:

Well also it’s in the middle of the day on a Wednesday when people are working, so they aren’t going to get a really large crowd until later this evening.

1 Like

CONFIRM OCEANIC SERVERS BLIZZ PLS :sob::sob::sob:

I’m not going to buy a months subscription just to stress test for a couple of days, you want me to play then give me a beta invite…

3 Likes

Is it just me or is it totally silly to limit a stress test to only subs? And then start it in the middle of a work day in the middle of the week?

2 Likes

Some of us are still at work

were almost there, waiting for someone to say real lives

Got in for about an hour tonight. Was ok at first, no real lag but way too many people in one area (Elwynn Forest) and WAY too slow on mob respawns. You would think after 15 years and something like 8 launches (including the original launch in 2004) they would learn to increase the spawn rates in newbie areas when they know they are going to have hundreds of people loitering around trying to kill one or two mobs (and no classic isn’t like retail now where everyone gets credit, only the first to tag, and their group does).

Then they decided to go from 15 servers (I started on 15) and move to just 2 to increase the stress. I agree that is the point of the stress test and it achieved it’s goal. LAG was very abundant. Mostly NPC lag when selling and mob when looting. I sat there for 2 minutes at a time waiting for the lag trying to loot one mob. The NPC’s were even worse when selling loot.

So I got tired of sitting around watching my character “attempt” to loot mobs and went to see what the streamers were doing. I’m guessing they were allowed to log into their regular beta servers or maybe shutting the stress testers out of the beta servers was intentional because it was interfering with the free advertising the streamers were providing to Blizzard.

Even after the stress test did it’s intended job of jamming the servers up so you couldn’t play they still refused to release more of the beta servers to test on, because you know you can’t mess with the marketing department and their favorite streamers.

1 Like

You don’t get it do you? The streamers aren’t even testing…all they are doing is running the same dungeons over and over again to get gear and such. That’s not testing even a quarter of the content…plus it’s on PVP servers (the PVE servers are basically empty).

They aren’t empty, they’re not even online and haven’t been since the first 20 minutes of the stress test because there wasn’t enough stress.