The server population issue is artificially created

Title.

It’s all a ruse to get more money for transfers. I remember back in the day when Blizzard offered free transfers to dying servers. Now it’s just, ‘transfer your whole account to another server and hope it survives!’ This is the same thing as Nintendo limiting their product availability to consumers; to drive up demand.

I’m on Bigglesworth and some time next month my guild is having to transfer to Benediction due to people leaving to go elsewhere. So, what? When it’s dead, Blizz will just leave it to rot?

This doesn’t help build that sense of community if they have you server hopping every 3 months. I’m gonna miss Bigglesworth because of the people I met there and I think it’s shameful that Blizzard is being so greedy. They could fix an issue that has such an easy fix but would rather see the monetary gain out of a problem they’re purposefully creating.

/fin

10 Likes

it’s probably just the reality of a demoralized work from home workplace

They going into cash grab mode

1 Like

I agree with OP. The fact there have not been free transfers is telling. I’m nearing the end of the rope. Progression has become almost untenable at this point, and even with full account transfers at low low price of $1, I would tell 'em to cube-crawl themselves.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about what’s happening with Bigglesworth. The story is the same for almost every PVP server. Blgglesworth seemed to be holding out for longer than the others. Too bad.

Agreed, some of us have been saying this for months. The topic has been everywhere. Things have gotten progressively worse and we’re at the point of no return. Lots of players have quit but the MTX looks great for the shareholder meeting so it’s better to ignore anything said completely.

I blame Blizzard and I blame the players.

Also agreed, it sucks especially if you’ve been on a server for a long time and you like the community and now it’s gone. I’d say it’s sad more than anything. The mega servers have a totally different dynamic too. There tend to be a lot of toxic people on them and the community isn’t very tight-knit, it’s more of a Retail feel. For those who enjoy mega servers, this is great. For those who prefer smaller servers, this is not great. The choice of single mega servers or don’t play is not good.

Usually when these threads get posted someone will say that Blizzard is the best company on the planet and say that mega servers are absolutely amazing. Don’t expect anything else.

3 Likes

I’m hopeful that Benediction won’t be like that but I’m scared it will be. When I asked for a few gold in LFG for help to get some things, someone bought be me four netherweave bags and gave me 80g to help me check out the server after I told them about the situation. They wished me the best and I’m thankful they helped me out like they did!

So far, I’m basing it off that one experience but I hope that it doesn’t get worse.

I’m glad to hear you’ve had a good experience. I’ve been looking a lot into Bene and other servers for my alliance. I have seen and heard both good and bad things about it. I hope you enjoy the server overall with your guild.

2 Likes

Just understand that Blizzard isn’t your friend and doesn’t have your best financial interests at heart. This game is now and has been for a long time a purely financial project and if Blizzard thinks it can find more ways to squeeze money out of consumers it will take it. Your relationship to Blizzard should be understood as that of a consumer, act in your own best interests and if you don’t like decisions they make you have to vote with your wallet.

5 Likes

Sounds too lopsided… I enjoy being outnumbered by Horde. :slight_smile:

Battle pleases Crom

1 Like

Server deaths are natural processes.

Free transfer options never fixed server deaths. People usually don’t want to leave high population servers to save dying ones.

They don’t fix server imbalances either, which are what kill pvp servers for the underdog faction.

There’s a reason that retail WoW eventually just effectively merged everything together via cross realm zones and grouping. It’s the only solution to dying servers that isn’t just a band-aid. (Of course it has its own issues, but they are typically far less severe than having literally no one to play with)

It’s the people that want the data center that holds your character’s save file to be a more meaningful choice that creates server population issues, not Blizzard’s fee to move it.

I’m of the opinion that if you have invested a significant amount of time into a character and are trapped or believe to be trapped on a dead realm that you just pay for a server change and do the research too. It does suck but I imagine this person is likely an adult or at least mature enough to understand the entire situation.

Pay to move and move on from these forums… Unless like me you use them to glean anything you can from the community for an edge…

it is a community created issue.

Blizzard did not create the population problems. Players did. But Blizzard is definitely content to leave realms to rot while they cash the transfer checks. But their short term greed is actually losing money in the long term because the sub count is going down. It’s clear that when a realm starts to die, most players opt to unsub rather than pay this ransom to move to a better realm. You’re already paying a sub. You shouldn’t have to pay an additional fee just to get groups or raids.

Blizzard realizes they can no longer make a quality game, so they are trying to milk the last money out of it while they can.

Don’t leave :frowning:

I’ve honestly been really proud of Bigglesworth alliance for holding out so long on a 35:65 split. Definitely has been one of the more resilient alliance populations throughout tbc so far.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.