The Scourge Invasion Started 72 Hours After the Zombie Plague

I’d welcome you accidentally releasing RDF tbh.

5 Likes

We did not want it. We signed up for CLASSIC WoW which Blizzard is intent on destroying. They ran retail into the ground and now they are doing the same with classic. Every change they make to the original is another crippling effect for players. Classic is already very close to being as bad as retail thanks to those bad decisions. The original was great. Everything Blizzard does to change that has been anti-player. It’s like they have a death wish for the game and by extension, for the company.

2 Likes

? The zombie invasion is as it was.

1 Like

Why is the ghoul plague event ended early then? We didn’t even get some phases from it!

1 Like

Maybe it was the people not enjoying it. Maybe it was the people using it to grief as much as possible. Maybe it was to do with server stability, as we had problems with DCing and having characters stuck.

Maybe they’ll bring it back when it’s supposed to happen. Who knows.

I’d still like some word from Blizzard on this.
It’s a planned event, they could have fixed it to help prevent/resolve some of those issues rather than completely shutting it down.

You don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are players like myself not abusing it to grief others but who were thoroughly enjoying it especially having waited so many years for another event like this again.

2 Likes

Yea then it will be bugged and you will get in with no tank or healer.

Oh, you’ll get a tank and a healer, alright. They’ll just be ported to the wrong dungeon.

2 Likes

What am i doing here in SM CATH

1 Like

Was still running on Mankrik when I logged out.

Edit: Yup, just double checked, Mankrik still going strong with the zombie plague

2 Likes

Unsubbing until at least ulduar, thanks for botching this whole launch event blizzard

That was five days, friend, not seven.

It actually lasted the full 7 days on Bloodsail Buccaneers and Mankrik (and maybe several other servers), though it never got past phase 3. It was originally scheduled for 7 days but ended early accidentally due to their coding (admitted by them) on most servers, but those servers got the full blown event with the 2 and 1 minute incubation times, plagued rats, etc.

*Phase 3 for us, slight correction to my previous post.

It lasted five days, because that’s what is in the “source code”. On some realms the mileage may vary. They explain the chaos very good in this posting:

The event literally lasted all 7 days on Bloodsail Buccaneers and Mankrik. It went all the way through server shutdown for maintenance yesterday. No idea why but several servers had a watered-down Phase 3 version go all the way until Maintenance yesterday, likely due to the bugs. No joke or lie, friend.

sorry to hear that you’re no longer able to have fun because the life butchers you, and that’s your problem! there are millions over 30years who’s still find those events fun, because this playground called wow is a place to have fun unless you consider wow a Job where you’re forced to do daily work activity.

On Earthfury the scourge invasion mobs just are not spawning. All of the locations are completely empty.

3 Likes

Yeah has this been fixed yet?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.