The Rose Colored Glasses Vanilla players got what they wanted

They got Vanilla wow, with support from Blizzard in a virtual exact duplicate of the game they loved.

TBC made some minor but not earth shattering changes but more or less the same outcome for those clamoring to replay the expansion they loved.

Wrath Classic players? Nah we dont get what we wanted, we get Wrath Reforged. Multiple changes already, major changes. Multiple more being discussed. These sort of changes would have sent the Vanilla crowd into a complete melt down. Those same people that would not accept major changes to Vanilla are now cheerleading major changes to Wrath.

There are a bunch of us that were happy to get a chance to go through Vanilla again, but we always had our eyes on Wrath Classic. When it was announced, Blizzard effectively took a massive, steaming crap all over what we wanted and is catering to the Wow Classic players.

I have been subscribed, continuously for almost 14 years to this game. I got my kids playing it, my wife as well.

That ends with this bastardized version of Wrath that is more aptly named, Wrath Reforged. I cant begin to put into words the frustration this has been. I can confidently say that a majority of players that were waiting for Wrath Classic, did not want changes. We wanted the game we played. Excluding RDF for a time to match Wrath’s original patch cycle is one thing, excluding it completely and replacing it with a bastardized version of LFG is unacceptable and tone deaf.

The classic cycle was not for you to redo the game and fix any mistakes you think you might have made. It was to allow your players to replay expansions they loved, without having to use private servers.

Well that’s where I will be, on a private server. Blizzard will not get one more dime from me or my family. For the first time ever, I am not buying the next expansion, nor will I ever again.

25 Likes

Hate to break it to you even private servers made the changes blizzard is making, buffed naxx bosses hp by double, and dmg with multiple other changes. Personally don’t care retail is so bad and tbc is made for 40 year old gamer dads who auto attack simulator or press shadow bolt over and over.

4 Likes

You people really just want mindless queuecraft. Why are you even playing this game at all???

7 Likes

The player base has evolved so much since original wotlk if they released bare bones original version it’s still gonna be nothing like
It was with how things are now. Like I said personally don’t care, only thing that’s cringe to me is the removal is dungeon finder. Flying to an instance going in and hearthing out literally adds nothing to world interaction just a waste of time

4 Likes

We want the game we loved to play. We want the expansion we loved the most.

We dont want the Vanilla wow crowds idea of good content.

14 Likes

You won’t love it when RFD comes. It will turn it into classic retail. Brainless silent button smashing is the reason we quit retail why do you want that back. You’ll never have incentive to leave the main city again why do you want that?

3 Likes

That’s the thing. I never quit Retail. I fell in love with Wow with RDF. Wrath Classic was the classic remake I was looking forward too.

The Classic cycle is not a do over. Its a replay. You’re not the players that Wrath Classic should be catered too. It should be catered to players like me, that loved Wrath the way it was and had no problem with RDF.

You got your 2 classic replays. Now let us have ours.

8 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but from 2008-2010, Wrath of the Lich King WAS Retail.

Players “left” retail because they wanted to play the game as it was when Vanilla was current. When TBC Classic was announced, players wanted to play it as TBC originally was. When Lich King “Classic” was announced, we wanted to play it as Lich King was, which includes the Dungeon Finder.

What incentive is there now? You can literally sit in town for 10-70 and never have to explore the world thanks to boosts and Warlock summons.

Being ignorant is no way to go through life, son.

9 Likes

This has to be the most dramatic and long-winded complaint about RDF, honestly the new LFG looks good. My main issue with the removal of RDF was always the fact that I would have to rely on an addon like the lfg bulletin board but with the new LFG I shouldn’t have to. The removal of RDF isn’t going to stop people like you from playing wotlk. If it were that easy you would’ve quit at tbc launch when they introduced the boost and mount lmao

6 Likes

I leveled one character to 70 and barely touched it again.

5 Likes

Watch LFG/bulletin board non stop
PST “inv” for invite
Fly to dungeon
Finish dungeon without anyone saying anything
Hearth back to main city
Be tired from all the social interaction and community building

8 Likes

the “vanilla crowd” is why we didn’t get chronoboons til post naxx
ill take what we getting now

Very minor changes. Launching with a group finder utility is a convenience feature that it seems that people today want to have.

The biggest changes already came with WoW Classic, i.e. started at the latest character patch progression, built on a modern client with modern client conveniences, like being able to click on the character viewer window and move your character around, right click and move name plates, etc.

I suppose you could argue that including Retail’s barber shop is a pretty major change, but it removes the need for a paid sex change, which is kind of cool, imo.

I am surprised people are so passionate about something like including or not including RDF lol. It’s such a small detail…

1 Like

Its really not though. Its a massive qol upgrade for those that just wanna knock some dungeons out. Im in beta and the new tool works but it’s still a slow process to form a group, head to the stone, summon the 3 lazies and then run the dungeon. What do all those extra steps add to the game? Nothing, just wasted time.

7 Likes

Psh, according to that logic what does anything add to the game? You guys just want a free max level character with BIS.

Well it’s true! Blizzard effectively created a hacker slasher with a lottery system!

I agree. It make it sound that all of the WOTLK experience was around this QoL.

If it’s all they care about then they may love all of the expansions after WOTLK including retail.

Not enought players.

So many things could be considered as a “waste of time”

That’s why people pay to skip leveling pay to skip farming and some of them even complained about trash mob in BT/Hyjal.

At some point they just want a cooperative instanced boss simulator experience where they just push 1 button and don’t move from the main city. Not a Classic MMORPG.

1 Like

saying X is a waste of time, remove it/change it is exactly how we got to retail
newsflash: the whole damn game is a waste of time

4 Likes

So at least let me waste my time efficiently. No ones asking for retail, were asking for an authentic wrath feature to be added back to the game…

4 Likes