The return of the Gold Farmers

:grin: Indeed they might want to dance, a bit aggressively though.

Yeah. I am not disagreeing with you. They certainly are. I was just derailing the thread for no reason I guess, sorry.

Define “exploiter.”

If they just buy up all the lesser priced items and repost them, that’s just how the economy works. If people stop buying from them at that price, they risk losing money.

Well, cornering a market is considered illegal in the real world.

In any case I expect to see a new breed of gold farmers. AI is just so advanced these days.

Helen…

Hey!! Wild guess.

Thats true, but youre ignoring a massive part of midern wow’s problem.

1. Achievements are linked to battlenet, but they only ban the individual licence of cheaters, not the whole battlenet.

2. Getting to level cap in modern wow and gearing characters is too easy so risking an individual licence ban is meaningless, so people risk an individual licence because its worth the risk of paid services.

3. Classic WoW has no acievements, and getting to level cap and getting gear takes an actual investment of time for the average player. AKA, not worth the risk.

Because the games are so very diffent by design; account licence cheating in modern wow is extremely difficult to deal with, where as in vanilla the risk is massive and just not worth it because if your licence gets banned, then you have zero to show for it unlike in modern wow where you keep your ill gotten gains.

It’s either tokens, or China farmers. Take your pick. Btw they even farm pservers, because those have no tokens. Just pointing out obvious.

You do know they are selling gold on retail even though there is a token system right? Don’t believe me? Google it.
Tokens didn’t stop it. It’s still there. They have just adapted their M.O.
RCR did stop the endless advertising in chat though.