The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds

With the next weekly Burning Crusade Classic reset in each region, all “pre-made” groups will again be allowed to queue for Battlegrounds.

After this hotfix, grouped players will primarily face opponents who queued in groups of similar sizes and the matchmaker will now match raid groups of 6 or more players against at least one group of 6 or more players.

If the total number of players in your raid is smaller than the maximum size of the Battleground, the matchmaker will automatically fill your side with other groups or individuals. If there are no large pre-mades in the queue, party groups of 5 or fewer players will be placed against other parties of 5 or fewer players.

Please note: Queuing alone or in small parties will not guarantee an opposing team with no large pre-mades.

35 Likes

Does this apply to AV or is there still a 5 player restriction?

Nice. Too bad you can’t add a filter for pure pug groups to try and put an equal number of heal spec players per team.

9 Likes

Huh… well, okay.

This is a good change, thanks.

7 Likes

when are you going to address dying servers? jfc.

23 Likes

Probably not in a topic about Battlegrounds… jfc.

5 Likes

I don’t care what thread it’s in, they are blatantly ignoring arguably one of the biggest problems with TBC at the moment. Servers are dying.

8 Likes

I just wanted to say I agree with you and I also have a few hundred posts talking about the server issues. The radio silence is really annoying.

I thanked them in the thread because I think having BG premades in the game is healthy for a PVP community environment but the server dying thing is probably the biggest game issue right now.

5 Likes

Personally, I’ve been having a lot more fun without premades in the game.

Feels like big group queues are a bit of an arms race and if you’re solo queueing you get left behind.

Especially don’t like that as a solo player you still have a chance to fight a premade and basically automatically lose.

26 Likes

Would’ve liked a more complex calculation but I understand it might stress matchmaking too much. As it stands here it seems like this will create incentive to either 5 man premade OR 10-15 man premade depending on the BG size. That may have been unavoidable though, it’s better than not allowing large premades at all and having zero matchmaking logic though!

You all wanted TBC without buffs, and are paying the price for it lol. Game dead and boring

idc if they add things or keep it as it was, i care about half the game being on servers that are 99:1 ratio or are just dead pop wise. it’s not fair. they are intentionally killing it by not addressing server issues at this point.

2 Likes

Why is this update missing the addition of Mark of the Illidari to loot table of SSC/TK

1 Like

Premade restrictions should never have happened. The original dev team didn’t do it and the new dev team needs to chill out before they kill the game. Blizz left the 5 man premades restriction on too long and killed battlegrounds, in addition to horde vs horde. I would be interested to see the metrics and interaction numbers before and after. We know it’s probably bad as servers are destroying themselves by exodus.

3 Likes

Well at least this is a step in the right direction.

Now how about them server balance?

11 Likes

the “please note:” is really what scared me when i saw this post

1 Like

Time to find out if all the people that swore they didn’t play premades for the steam roll, or efficient honor were serious.

You just wanted to play with your friends right? You like the more tryhard games right?

11 Likes

BLIZZ FIX THE GAME

Ok here’s a fix we’re working on

BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER THINGS I CARE MORE ABOUT JFC DEAD GAME DEAD GAME WRATH WAITING ROOM DEAD GAME

Calm down dude.

4 Likes

nobody asked for this “fix”