The renown grind needs to go for when 9.2 launches

Just throwing it out there. It’s a long pointless barrier in case someone joins Shadowlands for the the first time too. Doing the campaign should be enough.

3 Likes

they’re probably not going to mind if they’re just joining. they aren’t jaded and whiny yet. that comes a few months in.

6 Likes

Joins Shadowlands for the first time… well, we all did it pre-nerf… it sukk suk… but hey, can’t throw freebees at everyone. Focus 1 cov and get the free lvl 40 BoA piece, it’s downhill from there. You can get renown from almost anything. RNG, and can take a couple days… but if you uhh… are new to the game, I don’t think you should jump straight into competitive PvP (random BGs 4 u!!!) or competitive PvE… learn the game… gear up bvtt3rkup. Play the game, more importantly

1 Like

I remember when Argus launched in legion and they just removed the artifact weapon grind altogether.

I kind of hope they do something similar in 9.2 with renown and stuff.

3 Likes

What grind? Renown literally rains from the heavens doing whatever YOU want to do.

That’s not a grind… not at all.

1 Like

At least they should bring a 100% deterministic and repeatable grind for Renown, right now it’s easier to get renown but i tried to level up all the covenants at the same time and notice that besides World Bosses and Callings each day, you can’t just rush the renown to max via spamming dungeons, bgs or Torghast without facing RNG, because some runs won’t be valid, there’s a RNG factor there, they could just provide 1 renown for each run of instance content.

Right now the best way, its just change your covenant do weekly quest, callings and world bosses and go back to your other covenant, so you can level up it without spamming instance content that could not provide progress at all.

Yep.

the only 2 renown that is pita really is the last 2. This will be weekly anima and shaping fate.

Only 2 renown sources up for a renown 78. these 2 weeklies will close it out.

Some would go why did I call it a pita. Well if that char lives for pvp…yeah running korthia which offers nothing is a pita sometimes lol. But once you kill kroke for the last time…get that 80 at least its over.

I lvl renown ez. arena, quick games… if you pvp… grind renown 58 w/ campaign & other methods… buy/upgrade honor gear if you like… win gamez at low rating. Games are quick.
If you don’t PvP… maybe same thing? Who cares about rating at that point. Just grind wins at low rating. Learn something new. PvPers have all done PvE… PvE can do sum PvP!!! lol.
srs tho, just quest or campaign. lame as it sounds, itz ez and quick. esp now with flying. Justttt dooo ittt.

It’s the same not all the arenas provides renown, i was talking about a 100% renown gain without RNG involve, however as you mentioned Arenas due to its time, queue and low rating is a great way to do it. But not everyone will do it and some people already did campaings like 5-6 times, I did NF i think already 7 times.

WoW has multiple ways to level up characters, Renown it’s similar but that RNG aspect persist, i’m doing my own way that’s just callings, world bosses and weekly, but there’s a lot of post like this one because there’s still issues around this grind and even worse for returning players and new players, if there’s 8-9 campaing chapters just provide 10 Renown each time you finish a chapter, so new player and returning player could jump to 9.2 content faster.

Yea. I understand, nothing in-game I am aware of besides campaign and covenant sanctum quests are 100% guaranteed renown. You won’t get 80 renown in 1 day… unless you grind hard. It takes progress. You’ll get it. Steadily play. Don’t rly focus on renown TBH. I don’t see the hype around it. I am content w/ 40-60 lvl renown. anything above? What… a stam buff…? a title?? some wisps of memories for command table??? whatevz

Well that depends from one player to another, i think renown 78-79 provide the last power up to a conduit on your soul bind tree, so for some players that’s a must.

At least from my own POV, i just do the grind on main and due to this systems i won’t play alts too much this expansion on arena, bgs, m+ content because i feel that my characters are incomplete and that i need to regrind some external system besides gear.

I really hope 10.0 comes back to MoP/WoD progress around gear as main focus and maybe a legendary questline.

It’s not even really a grind, though. You get so much so quickly that you’ll be done long before you do any content that warrants having maximum renown.

I don’t even bother with the last two personally. After I get all enhanced for potency sockets, I stop caring lol.

Ahh yes. Conduit upgrade. Forgot about that. Min/Maxing… yes. you’re right. my b. can be useful.

I need to learn how to quote what I am trying to reply to in pplz posts. Just got back into forum-posting few dayz ago. Haven’t posted srs since old forum dayz!!! (Cata Maybe?)

No. What needs to go is the CONDUIT grind.

If you have the 40 renown skip, it kind of is. you get (according to my estimate), 90%+ of the renown power at 57.

Sorry, but the renown grind doesn’t take that long at all, especially with all the catch up mechanics that Blizzard implemented.

It’s not a difficult ask, not really. Just playing the game normally, doing dungeons/pvp/raids/torghast will allow you to rip through renown levels, especially when comp stomp is active.

It will go next xpac!!! for now, enjoy the ride of conduit grind… also, i will not look at your page… but next patch I believe max conduit upgrade is for 2400+ rated PvP, certain raid progression, and certain mythic progression. I don’t know the exact progression requirements for the last two.
So, in my eyes… I will not see the highest conduit like I did in this patch. OK. THX, less farm. but less min/max :frowning:
That is the queue for me 2 git gudder.

The ICONIC… COMP STOMP.
Hey, if you are worried about Renown… Tuesday you better come prepared. Comp Stomp starts bud!!! Go wild!!!

@ OP

Conduit grind is gone next patch. An item gives you max level conduits.