The Reason New Players Quit Retail

Don’t forget warmode, which automatically divides players in every shard into two shards.

The game is getting older. The players are getting older. The leadership of wow is more of a tired business trying to squeeze every last sub and cent for the least amount of effort.

The game is a former shell of itself. When you had amazing story and raids like illidan to the current wtf style writing and villains lol pretty sure we were gonna go to outer space and fight the jailers mom.

Game is esports and yelling at people.

You get mad the higher content you do because someone made a mistake and you either wont finish a mythic or have to do a raid fight again.

Happened to me havnt touched the game sence.

The whole system is made to say im the best while pissing other off lol

That’s kind of the point.

BFA was not fun to level through, even though it was just 10 levels at the time. Drustvar is okay, Storm is so-so, Tirigarde is so-so as well. The horde areas though, aside from Vol’dun are a huge chore. From a new player perspective, it would be a long trudge until at least 48 (I think) when Shadowlands opens?

Today I played a Priest I hadnt played since level 80 was the cap. Or maybe 85. It was squished to level 40.

Anyway, it had all level 44 ilvl gear. I put on a bunch of heirlooms and went from level 40 to 53 in a few hours today. Taking on every rare/boss I could find in Legion Timewalking. Doing quests. World quests/etc. And I ran one dungeon.

It was the easiest levelling that toon has ever done. By a massive margin.

Outlands with terrible gear… THAT was a terrible experience.

I can’t speak for others, but the reason I always tend to quit after subscribing for a month and not coming back for months (even a year+, and if it weren’t for my friends convincing me I’d probably not have even given Dragonflight a try) is the community.

It’s not because of imbalanced classes, it’s not because of content I don’t enjoy, it’s not even because it’s hard to get into higher end content and PvP, though those are all significant issues. The only thing that causes me to be unable to play this game is the community.

MMORPGs are social games, and Blizzard seems to have forgotten this a long, long time ago. If you enjoy the people you are playing with, the game can virtually be awful mechanically and still be enjoyable to play if you enjoy the company you are with. But even with good mechanics, the game will ultimately be miserable if the people you play with are.

This game either ends up feeling like a single player game or an absolutely miserable experience with, yes, toxic players who troll constantly or are exceptionally spiteful over anything and everything.

The day that changes is the day I’ll play WoW actively again, until then I’ll just dabble like I am now, or perhaps quit entirely.

Yea and made worse by the fact that all the friends you leveled with the first time around arent going to make alts to level with you to fix your mistake. When I leveled first time in Classic, did it with a big group of friends. Doing it the second time around you are usually on your own as everyone has already leveled by then. And in Classic if you dont want to play what you got it can be near impossible to restart from scratch and end up doing good.

Thats why OP is so upset. He has a massive uphill battle on his hands. I dont blame him for being upset. He probably has no one to level with this far in.

When i started playing in 2006 , my friends got my into wow, they where all lvl 60s so i lvled all by my self, took a while , i rerolled in BC and this rogue in wotlk

1 Like