The reason for giving Allies advantage in AV?

You and many others keep harping about how “the Alliance has won AV for years,” yet my lifetime record in AV is 144 wins out of 407 matches (35%). About 85% of these games span the WotLK and Cataclysm expacs on different servers/battlegroups with the remaining 15% being now in the BfA era. So, I don’t think either claim of “consistently winning” or “for years” is valid.

Additionally, the idea that the Alliance was given an “advantage” is misleading. The terrain change is an attempt to balance the defensive dynamics for the Alliance to that of the Horde overall. While the change does yield an advantage at that location, it works toward balancing the map as a whole.

Despite the re-balancing, the two AV games I have played so far with the SH GY change were losses. (I would have played more, but I’ve been having frame rate issues that I need to sort out). So for me, it seems Blizzard’s attempt to balance AV out is still business as usual for both the Alliance and the Horde.

On a related point, I find it amusing that some Horde players, who enjoy a more robust PvP culture than the Alliance, complain when Blizzard finally decides to balance something out between Alliance and Horde (like they have done with the world PvP incentive). It is as if those Horde players got so used to rolling over Alliance that when they encounter the slightest bit of challenge or pushback (something Alliance players have to deal with in spades in random BGs and world PvP), they whine in the very same manner that they mock Alliance for doing (“L2P” and “Git Gud” etc.). So maybe you just need to quit your whining and readjust your expectations and realize PvP is supposed to be challenging, not an easy face roll just because you are Horde.

Sorry, but…it is known.

1 Like

The swift Landing 20% movement speed buff for 5 min. after landing from a flight path is being used in BG’s. The Buff gives unfair advantage on some maps.

1 Like

The reason is simple. It’s pure alliance privilege

1 Like

Looks like we have a newbie horde that is bad at AV.

Horde were just bad at AV, and lost even with their advantages because they were too stupid to use them.

IBGY is then best choke point in the game, and it still is. It allows you to fully split between offense and the defense of holding the chokepoint, no other GY does that. It also is close enough to protect all of your objectives.

Git gud. The horde finally did, and now they are winning more than we are.

2 Likes

No, it is any post containing any issue any Alliance is having with any aspect of pvp.
“but what about WoD???” is the standard go to response from many horde, and a few alliance ( who main horde ) on this forum.

Why is this a 5 minute buff in the first place? Seems like 1 minute should be sufficient for any purpose.

It sounds to me from reading your posts that you don’t want to take accountability for the games you are in to win.

When i’m in a BG and lose, i look to why and see if i could have played better. Same goes for arenas, or really, anything in life.

If you are losing so much, try finding some people (like Juga? there’s a huge thread for alliance btags for bgs) and group up.

It just sounds like you want something for nothing. I get that it is frustrating to lose over and over, but find ways to overcome it and stop blaming it on boogy men. You will have a better time and probably better win rates.:wink:

This is dumb and should be removed, i don’t know why they haven’t yet.:roll_eyes:

Not that I’ve seen.

1 Like

Of course it isnt

Show me one post where it wasn’t containing “do for alliance what they did for horde” when it comes to buffs.

1 Like

Lol, looks like we have an allie who is willing to default to “IB CHOKE” as a defense for every advantage alliance has and has had in AV. You literally proved my point about “IB CHOKE!” being a reflex for allies like you whenever things like this are brought up. Thanks! :slight_smile:

She’s posted saying she agrees that the Iceblood choke makes AV favor Horde, and that she rarely does epics.

Lol we got this stuff because you guys "had it too good " in the devs eyes. I honestly didnt care either way but i mean if you are going to be :salt: and cry about it then maybe come alliance and benfit from said buffs and nonsense if it really bugs you that much that you have to make a QQ thread about it :roll_eyes:

Correct :blush:

1 Like

I agree with jugg and back in the day when jugg n i first met we did tons of avs vs zeela and hydra . So id check your facts at the door . We know what we are talking about thank you .

Obv you have 0 evidence to back up your claim because all you ever say on repeat anymore is " she never plays epics waaaa " :roll_eyes:

Oh pls

I post that all the time. She isn’t wrong. Out of almost 500 Bgs this expansion, only 45 are epics.

She may not be wrong but saying because you rarley do epics anymore doesnt mean you dont know what favors horde and what doesnt you used to play epics alot . So you still know what your talking about.

I don’t think the post was meant that way. It’s all good.