The reason for giving Allies advantage in AV?

Usually it’s in response to someone saying “just look what they did to racials in wod for horde”

I’m just saying that if they had simply buffed alliance racials and left horde racials unchanged, it’s unlikely WoD imbalance would have reached the level it did. Reverting nerfs after a massive swap is too little too late.

Suggesting racials buffs to make a faction more appealing isn’t unreasonable.

3 Likes

So now we’re back to what alliance racials do you think could use a buff? Human is fine as it is for BGs. In fact, Legion EMFH was insanely good

I don’t think you or I play at a level to know what racial buffs would make faction swapping more appealing so you’re asking the wrong person.

But I’d be cool with a 60 second shared cd vs a 90 second on EMFH. :wink:

2 Likes

With regards to BGs though, it’s not racials losing them for people. It’s poor play. You know this as much as I do

In randoms, I 100% agree it’s not racials. It’s bad teamwork.

But I can get behind racial buffs if it will help balance factions.

1 Like

With the Horde racial nerfs and warmode buff (30% is actually really big, and 370 gear) I’d say take a wait and see approach.

I agree. If these changes make a difference, then there’s no need to change alliance racials. Like you said, it’s just a matter of wait and see.

I remember AV and IOC being 90-95% Ally win in the recent past. So much so I had both blacklisted as I got tired of the Horde not even trying unless the Allies screwed up their zerg. In recent times before BFA Horde started to come back by actually defending which threw the allies for a loop as they had to pay attention when rushing from one end of the map to the other. Good times. Now in IOC they are taking the boss down in seconds using glaives and demos thanks to an unfixed exploit and AV is moving back to Ally dominated. Can we blacklist again?

Overall faction imbalance isn’t even bad. 45.6/54.4 (and the opposite on RP realms 54.4 alliance to 45.6 horde) It really won’t take much

Um you can just not queue for random epics…

Yes you can. They’re in a separate queue.

Horde can complain all day every day about historical alliance win rates in AV and IoC but it’s their own fault for not using the map to their advantage or just avoiding them.

4 Likes

Um… I was being facetious?

Shockingly even!

:+1:

I imagine he said that because of what you hear around here. You would think Alliance would be winning 10%, but looking deeper into stats, yea it’s “shockingly even.” Don’t forget, we aren’t the only region to play wow and you also have the different honor brackets to take into consideration.

I’m not justifying either. I’m saying that once a faction becomes so dominant as the horde are in PvP, corrections need to be made.
Horde players are acting high and mighty right now because they’ve drained the top end of Alliance talent, leaving us with the bench.

They’re only dominant in this region though. Anything that is done to appease NA wow, could affect other regions. 3s in EU is dominated by Alliance, with rated bgs being close to 50/50

Either factions are balanced, or they’re not. It’s obvious that they’re not.

You missed my point. Wow is wow no matter what region you’re in. They have to take everything into consideration including other regions. Clearly it’s a community problem if one region chooses horde and the other alliance.

1 Like

So just give up on tweaks? Cause that’s what I’m hearing.
This is just my experience, but with the weird exception of the evening that BfA launched (in which the Alliance was blowing the horde out of the water in BGs…I only lost one of twelve BGs) Alliance wins are far less and are usually by the skin of the teeth while horde wins tend to be blowouts.
The actual 55/45 metric doesn’t allow for that experience.

1 Like