The reason for giving Allies advantage in AV?

10 games is plenty but out of 100 games it is horrible. Get over it. Play is levelled out a touch now. We will see if a braindead alliance team can pull off a win compared to braindead horde teams always winning before

It’s not a matter of Alliance winning.

It’s a matter of the map blatantly favoring the Alliance.

Horde have been complaining about the how sickeningly easy it is to bypass 90% of our base defenses via the hill since Wrath , we don’t even get a fence.

Alliance complain for 2 months about IB choke and an isolated blizzard hits SHGY.

“Winning before”

Yea, that massive winning streak from Aug 2018 until Nov 2018

Versus almost a decade of Alliance dominance

Because it’s the only map the Alliance can win.
Seriously, roll Alliance sometime. Casual BGs are no longer competitive or fun.

You mean this alliance character?

So you’re okay with map imbalances in your favor because you lose everywhere else?

You’re admitting you need dev help to even stand a chance?

Edit: no idea why she isn’t showing up as 120

Yes, yes and yes.
The reason WHY is that Blixzard has ignored the Alliance for so long that there are systematic failures in the Alliance side.
Because of that, horde roll most BGs.
It’s not a mystery. Ion himself admitted that there was a huge talent shift to horde because of OP racials.

Stop using racials as a scapegoat for poor alliance gameplay.

Those racials have been in game since launch, Horde’s have always been better for PvP, they were still the underdog until partway through WoD.

1 Like

I merced into my first 8.1 AV and ended up being a backfill Alliance right at the end of the game as Horde won. :thinking:

(meant to queue IoC to work on achieves but selected random epic by accident, whoops)

It’s funny that some people still don’t know how the AV map was Horde favored. Alliance’s first defensible chokepoint is behind 3 resource points. The Horde’s first defensible chokepoint is behind maybe 1 (Galv). The rest are easily defended at IB choke.

6 Likes

I finally got into an AV and I don’t see how this helps the Alliance much. Maybe Blizzard could have also removed Balinda’s mega ramp to force the Horde to walk along the raised road with that house that I love to heal on top of? It would still be difficult to defeat Balinda and SHB compared to IBGY, Galv, and IBT.

I feel like half the problem with IBGY might be that it gives Horde a choice–of going north, or reinforcing IBT/Galv. Alliance still don’t have that option if Horde are coming up the same path.

But most of all: I wish that every thread about AV had a gigantic war map with all the locations marked.

2 Likes

I didn’t see much of an alliance advantage last night. Horde set up defense at IBT and back capped the towers at FW while we waited for SHB and IWB to burn. After that we marched down and layed waste to Stormpike. I’ve won most of my battles where the horde chose to defend rather than zerg.

3 Likes

That’s what Ion said. If you have any data that he doesn’t have access to, please, enlighten us.

1 Like

Not due to map/racial/gear differences. It’s players who don’t really know the first thing about pvp, what do you expect? Alliance CAN win more maps more frequently, but they really need to L2bg. Too many roadfighting, ignoring EFCs, not interrupting/CC on healers, etc…

1 Like

Any pre-patch where NPCs were buffed, you’d have more Horde queuing up AV because they knew turtle games were fun and that’s pmuch all that happened since even tower/bunker NPCs could like 5 shot you. Horde could have won 50% zergs but they’d rather fight on the road between bunkers and not help backcap. Both complaints of Horde in old AV, and Alliance in random BGs now, are due to massively needing to L2play.

6 Likes

Oh, I agree, but my point is that, according to Ion, the Alliance lost all of our top players due to horde racials. That leaves lower skill level players on the Alliance. Ones who don’t know the first thing about PvP. And as more people roll horde, the problem will only continue to increase.
“Git gud” is easy to say, but when you’re only left with the people on the bench, there’s no realistic way for them to match the other side.
Sure, we have exceptions like you, but there’s a reason they were on the bench.
What we should be saying is asking for a faction rebalance. Blizzard obviously knows how to do it; they did it for the horde with, according to Ion, racials (and then added a new race - Belves - to accommodate those in the Alliance who wanted to roll horde but didn’t like the horde look).

1 Like

A million times this.

That EMFH fiasco was WAY worse than what we have now. You would absolutely hate it if stats showed 35/65% winrates (even if you say that is what you experience right now) WoD was so bad for BGs, this is tolerable.

1 Like

It wasn’t EMFH. It didn’t change in WoD. It was stoneform combined with nerfing horde racials. I don’t think the imbalance would have reached the level it did without both of those taking place.

I never understand why people use WoD as an excuse not to buff racials since it was caused by more than buffs.

3 Likes

That is true, it was Dwarf that caused the large shift. What racial do you think needs a buff alliance side? I believe racials are actually balanced pvp wise right now.

I didn’t say any of them need a buff but WoD has been the goto excuse when someone suggests buffing racials in an attempt to better balance factions.

2 Likes