The reality of boosting

I know a lot of people complain about boosting and how it

“takes people away from doing dungeons normally”

i’m gonna go ahead and say this is mostly false, at least to the extent that people claim.

A lot of people are levelling toons BECAUSE of boosting. without boosting many toons would not be levelled in the first place. I know cuz im one of them. I would not have the 7 60s I have today if it wasnt for the fact I could just netflix and AFK my way to 60.

Also there are still people who do dungeons because they either can’t afford boosting or disapprove of it.

Pagle still has plenty of PUG groups that go into sub 60 dungeons.

But if you are expecting the amount of these pugs to like quadrupple because blizzard stops boosts then think again. more likely those toons will just stop being played.

7 Likes

What method did you use to obtain your gold?

14 Likes

by being smart.

You know you can buy stuff on the AH, and sell it again. and make gold that way.

that is another big problem on these forums. people assume others with gold are buying it lol.

I make about 2-3k gold a week just from doing GDKPs. you could too

4 Likes

Is that smart as in you got a really good deal goin?

So making money on people who bought gold.

RGR that, yes I am guilty of this too, not in the same way, but the illegitimate gold is most certainly in my coffers due to people buying my herbs at what are insane prices.

11 Likes

what is wrong with taking advantage of those people lol??

im seriously confused by you. its as if you are offended by people with gold no matter how they got it.

2 Likes

Nothing, but let’s not pretend we got rich in an honest way even if we didn’t cheat.

11 Likes

im confused… what isnt honest about what i do?

i didnt buy the gold lol.

3 Likes

person a buys gold
person b sells herbs
person a buys herbs with said gold
person b didnt earn his gold honestly

odd logic

9 Likes

Nothing specifically, but it’s obvious the wealth we have in insane amounts is not honest gold because a massive portion is farmed in illegal ways.

It’s like running a business laundering money…

Herbs sold without a RMT market are remarkably less expensive.

The fact that I make as much as I do in them allows me the power to run the AH, it’s really absurd, no one should really be able to do that.

8 Likes

boosting, gdkp, bots, RMT, all things i would love to see gone. and if boosting being gone make people stop playing, then they didn’t really want to play in the first place, the game doesn’t only exist @ 60.

19 Likes

Of course its the mage that defends money laundering. That’s supposed to be my job!

9 Likes

I boosted my alt to play and raid with my friends, not mindlessly level and quest again
Boosting is perfectly valid. even mage spellcleaves were fun, everyone I did it with was nice and enjoyable.

who cares? the actual reality of boosting is that it exists. everything else is just opinion

yeah, nah. it’s completely against the spirit of the game.

10 Likes

Where does one find the list that incorporates everything that is and isnt “in the spirit of the game”

People say that like its not a completely subjective thing so there has to be some list

2 Likes

it’s not at all subjective, wow is an rpg, dungeons and questing are the very core of it’s experience.

13 Likes

Its cheesy, no matter how hard you justify it. Your post reveals your guilty conscience! :stuck_out_tongue:

RMT and bots ruin the game and buyers and sellers should be banned

8 Likes

Lol no kidding right? You would think we corner the market on criminal activity but just like real life the common criminals are now more honest than the magistrates and nobles.

So making money on people who bought gold.

I’m not going to not make money by flipping things on the AH because people post them so low. I don’t know whether or not they bought gold. People are going to buy gold regardless. There is 0 point in worrying about that.

1 Like

It’s like saying, “I didn’t cheat. I was just paid by the people who cheated!”

4 Likes