The real reason behind the poor state of PVP

At this point, I’m very curious if there is any consequence or disciplinary action taken on the team for poor performance and poor decision making. It seems to me that we consistently continue to produce a sub-par product for a large majority of players, and spectators for PVP related content. The metrics show a continuing down trend of player activity, engagement, and satisfaction in PVP. At some point, someone needs held accountable for the product they produce.

Most, if not all, employers have standards and expectations they hold employees to, and utilize write-ups, suspensions and terminations to hold them accountable. I personally feel that after ages of being unsatisfied with PVP that no one on the team is.

End of Rage Ramble.

4 Likes

There’s no pvp team.

The real reason pvp is in a poor state is because it’s just a small minigame in wow that isn’t given much attention at all, and the pvp community refuses to accept that (myself included).

5 Likes

What metrics? Where are these stats or did you just make it up?

man its 2023 now, PvP is big

A poll with only 11k responses doesn’t actually tell you anything except what type of player is on the forums.

3 Likes

hey Dumb, I wanna explain to you some math.

Imagine you have 1 million people participating to your statistic and you ask them do you love letter A or letter Z more, let’s consider for our example 60% will say A and 40% say B.

Now you ask the same question to 10k people, based on stochastic modelling math with a +3-5% differences in general you will get the same kind of answer.

2 Likes

I think that unranked pvp is very popular. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

Buddy, you have to go to great lengths to eliminate sampling bias, among many other data biases, to get accurate representative samples of a general population. None of which would qualify for a poll on the forums.

Go back to whatever statistics 101 class you failed and start re-doing the homework.

2 Likes

well its clear you have no idea about statistics, i know advanced math is not for everyone. No need to prove more :slight_smile: great day !

Semi-related but you can vote multiple times, at least from what I can tell, so if somebody like me with a fleet of alts comes along they can put 80 votes or whatever to the thing they like. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Although even I’m not far enough gone to bother with something like that.

The fact that you think this is advanced math says everything, my friend. I’d leave this conversation if I was you too.

Yeah, I remember people bringing that up when the poll was released. I couldn’t imagine someone actually doing it though since the stakes are about as low as can be.

Markov chains, Brownian motion, and stochastic differential equations are easy topics :rofl: :exploding_head:

It’s all good Dumb

You’re trying way too hard, man. None of the things you’ve listed have anything to do with what we’re talking about, which is polling data integrity and applying results to a general population. You’re just listing random things to appear smarter.

Unfortunately for you, you’re talking to someone who is relatively familiar with what you’re saying. I’m no statistician, or a mathematician, but my degree makes full use of both. I had to deal with these things in undergrad, and even recently implemented and made use of a markov chain in a random discord bot project I was messing around with. You just sound silly.

Just let it go, friend. You’re wrong here, just take the L and better luck next time.

1 Like

yep, you still try to prove nothing, got it first time

Your example doesn’t account for sampling bias. Do you even know what that is? Lol

What 1 million people? How did you choose that sample? Are they from WeLoveTheLetterA forums?

Again, which 10k people?

There aren’t easy answers to this. Statisticians spend a great deal of effort trying to correct for bias and are still unable to in a lot of cases. Certainly a random poll on the wow forums would not qualify.

Again, this is truly all statistics 101.

I can’t believe I’m arguing statistics with somebody who doesn’t fundamentally understand what he’s talking about. So exhausting.

1 Like

No you are not that guy.

Imagine :rofl:

man you are so funny

I press rampage then bloodbath twice and that’s about as high as I can count.

“Imagine I chose a perfectly random sample”

If you don’t understand why this is a silly thing to say when talking about polling, you’re truly, truly lost.

1 Like

please put conversation in chatGPT and copy paste answers :smiley:

I’m just going to assume you’re trolling now. It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about, lol.

2 Likes