The real issue with Warmode?

Please read everything here, I am not complaining, but offering some sort of solution like I did before patch 8.1.

First I would like to get this out there, why only when you are given a charity does it take Alliance to get onto WM? In the past we had no incentive to stay on PVP, not even 10% and we still done it.

Secondly, the few posts I bothered noticing, you guys are only making yourselves look bad by ribbing in an obvious favour on WM to you guys. We are not even sticking around, we just leave and don’t bother once we notice what is happening.

But thirdly and most importantly the main reason of my post, the actual reason I am posting this, not to complain, not to whinge we have no bonus, because the bonus really is nothing, not to ask why you are favouring Alliance because you aren’t, but the real reason of my post?

Fix your WM not by giving us a bonus, most of us don’t care for the 10% (or even 30%) bonus, I joined a PVP server many years ago for a reason, for PVP. Make PVP fair and you will see the change we all want, Blizzard included.

BfA pre-patch, PVP scaling, I honestly thought this would be the fix we need. That or drop the iLVL to something manageable, like 1 iLVL per item change per M+ level, not 5 otherwise the numbers grow to far out of whack way to fast.

We went from Legions 50% secondary stat bonus in less than 6 months, we went from a drop down to 15% back up to 50% already. My guilds main tank is 49% mastery, my main, this guy, when the AZ items proc, was getting close to 60% crit when I had all crit gems and enchants, and they proc quite regularly, that WITHOUT targeting specific gear stats.

Balance the actual PVP part of WM, the actual part that allows us to bash each others heads in in game, not the bonus to entice more players and hope it just manages itself. I have said this before the 30% change, I will say it now, I will keep saying it, balance the PVP part and it will be a better outcome than this rubbish we are seeing.

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE PATCH 8.1, I am not saying it now because we are being out numbered. I SAID IT PREVIOUSLY AND WILL KEEP SAYING IT - Balance the PVP portion of WM.

Scaling is the obvious choice, allow us to scale up to 1v5 or something so when we get jumped by a group of other faction players we stand a chance of surviving, not just dying.

An example would be earlier today, I fought my 340 DK against a hunter with slightly higher health, cannot remember the name, did not check the iLVL, health is a good indicator as to iLVL, so assuming something similar.

We had a good fight, 3 times. Each time 1-2 more Alliance would jump in and i would just die, no chance, could not even resist for more than 10 seconds when the other Alliance jumped in, if you allow scaling I may have stood a chance based on skill rather the force of numbers.

Again, I have said this before 8.1, I am not saying this because we are massively outnumbered, fix the PVP part of WM.

War Mode exists because World PvP was dying. People felt trapped on PvP servers, and didn’t want to factionchange, but were either sick of the one sided nature (each server was dominated by one faction), or sick of not being able to play with friends and such.

The bribe is another in a LONG line of attempts to inject more players into word PvP (or PvP in general).

They all fail, because to the vast majority of players, PvP isn’t fun. So people don’t play. They’re bribed, they get their bribe, and they leave. Horde showed up without one. Except the free 10% because they were in no danger. But they didn’t like PvP. They liked crushing individuals with big group advantages.

Most players don’t like PvP. They just like to win.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is they acknowledged there is an issue with sharding and they were going to fix it, but it seems like they abandoned that idea and instead gave a bonus to the outnumbered faction? That’s pretty lazy.

They did that whole scaling concept with Wintergrasp, sorry if you weren’t around for Wrath when it was an actual thing. The problem is they gave Warmode a bonus in the first place, pvp has always been Horde heavy to begin with. A bonus was only ever going to make it worse, the 30% is a band-aid fix in an attempt to balance the pvp, but it’s the result of poor thinking/planning by the developers in the first place.

This is a good take on the issue.