The "Rarer" Wild Pets in Zereth Mortis

So, for those who didn’t go exploring, from what I’ve noticed, there’s a few pets in ZM that spawn as Rare Spawns in place of the other battle pets in the vicinity.

Momma Vombata - Uncommonly Spawns in place of a Vombata Cub
King Viperid - Uncommonly Spawns in place of Red or Green Viperids
Venomous Bufonid - Uncommonly Spawns in place of the other Bufonid Battle Pets.
Scarlet Proto Avian - Rarely Spawns in place of the Proto Avian Fledglings - After 8 Hours of Avian murdering, I still haven’t found one

There’s also a special case spawn I’d like more data on:

Aurelid Floater - Seems to have a few static spawn points (I’m sure there’s some we haven’t found yet), all around bodies of water. It seems only one Aurelid can be up at a time, but it’s not always guaranteed to be a battle-able one. I searched the spawn points for a while to nothing, killed the critter and another critter spawned in another location. Killed that one, and battle pet spawned. Got two more to spawn this way, but then I couldn’t find them anymore, so I’m assuming it’s just a spawn point I don’t have.

I was checking the spawn points on wowhead, as well as the one at Dimensional Falls and the pond above it. I’m guessing there’s spawn points at all the bodies of water. I just didn’t have the patience to go searching after all the stuff I already did.

And there’s 1 wild pet we haven’t found. DragonAfterDark from XuFu apparently looked all throughout the PTR and never found them.

Enraged Poultrid FOUND, See 3rd Post!
Mawtouched Geoelemental FOUND, See 26th Post!

7 Likes

Guess I was real lucky, captured a King Viperid and Scarlet Proto Avian my first circuit of Zereth Mortis. I didn’t realize they were hard to find but now realize I only saw one of each. Both were primary pets.

Thanks for the tips and guesses on the others, will be digging into them later on today.

The Enraged Poultrid has been found:

Apparently, I just didn’t /chicken at the correct chicken! :joy:

5 Likes

Yep! For those who don’t wanna go to Xu-Fu or WoWhead for some reason:

You have to search for an Agitated Poultrid in the Catalyst Gardens in Zereth Mortis. (the southern area with all the plants) Once you find it, you have to /chicken it, and it will turn into a battleable Enraged Poultrid. (You can /target Agitated)

If you don’t find any Agitated Poultrids, kill the Wild Poultrids in the area, they seem to share a spawn. (Again, you can /target Wild)

3 Likes

Was it up on the pillars like some of the regular elementals? I saw some of those today while doing the quest and it made me wonder

I think it was on the desert floor but I was so excited to see it i don’t remember exactly :\ it was definitely by the elementals so I think it may have something to do with it currently killing them in the southeast area.

also I just found an aurelid in lexical glade at 57,82 but it was a critter. And I was posting on the wrong char I’m the bloodelf lol

Was it the area with the elementals, or somewhere else in the desert? Can you give coordinates of approx. where you saw it?

Tried both of those spots wasted off of Pandaren Plum Wine and no luck whatsoever for the Geomental

I didn’t have the endurance to get The Insane title so can’t test that out on the Geomental. Wonder if that would do it, and sure hope not.

The model looks too similar to the time-scarred geomentals to be a coincidence. The only battle pets that spawn in that area seem to be proto fledgelings. Their are a couple of “not in the right mind” pet titles like crazy cat lady, the achievement Trainer is extremely rare. Idk if there exists any mawsworn debuffs or consumes/toys that apply maw effects that may help trigger it. There is also the portal quest npc’s in the back of the time-scarred geomental spawn zone so it’ fits the above too close to be a coincidence.

I really don’t think it has anything to do with being drunk or anything but maybe some goggles or alternative phasing similar to korthias shadow realm idk. Just some food for though to hope it might rattle some ideas around.

Final note if the person above actually saw it on the ground it means its likely a forced/rare special condition spawn and not likely a back line pet. The proto fledglings in the area r unkillable tho which is weird the only way to get them to despawn is to defeat them. I tried having the scarred eleemntals cast earthquake on top of the the spawn zones, did nothing. Keep me posted with updates i want this pet

1 Like

I’ve Tried:

Being Drunk
Helm of the Dominated (Turns you into a Mawsworn)
Bottled Shade Heart (Turns you into a Maw Shade)
Bombaty’s Color Seeing Sauce (Makes you See Colors)
Doomsayer Robes (Nuff Said?)
Twitching Eyeball (Puts N’zoth’s Eye on You)
Crystalline Eye of Undavius (Makes you see the world as if the Legion Won)
Gnomish X-Ray Specs (Makes you see everyone naked)
Maw-Ocular Viewfinder (Small Maw World)

I can’t imagine they’d make it The Insane, as that achievement is, well, insane. But I do have it, so I can check. Same with Crazy Cat Lady.

Oh, my gravy, I hope not. :joy:

i bet it has something to do with the invisible rare xy’rath right in that zone

He just isn’t up. Not every rare is up every day sadly. Similar to Korthia.

Yeah i wouldnt be surprised if it could only spawn during that rare being up

It wasn’t found the entirety of PTR, so unless it was added later, I doubt it has to do with a rare being up sadly.

yeah my point is it can’t be overly complex if the only encounter we have heard of is someone doing a daily

Venomous Bufonid apparently seems to be a rare spawn of the regular Bufonid battle pets as well.

It didn’t seem rare to me on the first day, but my friends are reporting having trouble finding it.

1 Like

Only pet I am missing now is the Geomental. Take note pet hunters it is way WAY easier to get these pets on day 1 or 2 of a patch than it is later when people have nothing better to do than go grab them.

My stupid butt accidentally killed a Momma Vombata and a Scarlet Proto Avian the first time I saw them, all because I was zoning out during the pet battles. That was on Patch Day, and I was able to find another Momma Vombata shortly.

For the Scarlet Proto Avian, the one I found and accidentally killed was around the pond area in Exile’s Hollow. I killed all the Proto Avian Fledglings there for about an hour before another Scarlet Proto Avian spawned. The Proto Avian Fledgling battle pets and critters in that area spawned relatively quickly. Also, killing the leporids there eventually produced the Vicious Leporid in the colors and breed that I wanted.

Fortunately, I did not accidentally kill the King Viperid and Venomous Bufonid that I found on Patch Day. But the rest of the rarer pets I still don’t have, so this thread is much appreciated.

2 Likes