The RAID is Timegated

It’s the new thing to be mad at Blizzard for the day… or was it week?

9 Likes

he is
anduin is the 8th

2 Likes

They did this in ICC back in the day.

During the first week you could only progress so far, and then in the weeks that followed you unlocked other wings until you could finally kill Arthas. This is a bit of a throwback to that by the look of it, only with less waiting. Defeat the first 8 bosses, get a bit of story, come back to defeat the remaining three.

5 Likes

Except that once it’s all open we have an eleven boss raid, which is better than a five boss dungeon and a six boss raid.

1 Like

Oh, okay. That must be on a different account then. My bad.

3 Likes

It’s probably so they don’t have to fix every single boss the first week of Race to World First.

It will give the designers and code monkeys more time to get a sense of balance and make some quick adjustments before guilds take on the end bosses.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhh nooooooooo, not an ENTIRE week, that’s like… 7 days? What will you do, what will ANYONE do??? We all have to wait a week to get to the final boss in the last raid until the next expansion? We won’t have ANY time to get this done before the next xpac! SLAP IN THE FACE

11 Likes

They did yes. That was the last this time was ever done.

yeah so - this isn’t a big deal.

1 Like

Probably story related. Don’t worry, you’ll survive not clearing the whole raid in week 1.

2 Likes

It feels weird for a group of 10-20 humanoid beings being able to kill these beings of mythic power. Like I get it, it’s part of a story. But Shadowlands itself doesn’t feel like it should’ve been done.

Things like Guldan, or Garrosh are problems a humanoid race should be able to solve. But the creators of the afterlife and other mythic beings should not be felled by beings that are more or less insignificant.

1 Like

I know right… and they want to explore the cosmos after etc… where do you go after facing death itself.

Hunter is just so… lackluster this expansion. It’s sad. :frowning:

This is the first time I haven’t “mained” my hunter for endgame content. I still consider her my main, but still.

Yes dude not on mythic first by most but heroic and def normal plenty of people will/do

1 Like

Helloooooooo raids are ALWAYS gated at launch ffs. At least now you have access to the first 8 bosses on the first week instead of nothing

Like do you people literally like to complain just to complain? Holy freaking crap so many damn babies who shoot first and ask questions later.

No wonder some devs get stress just by reading some of this BS.

4 Likes

It’s extremely common for mythic guilds to clear the entirety of normal on the first day, and heroic the first week. lol

That being said, this isn’t a big deal and the majority of people won’t realistically notice it.

2 Likes

No but I think I can guess :laughing:

No ones going to count that time :laughing:

I’d bet CE raiders will clear Normal first week.

we’ve learned that the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid will end with the Jailer

Depends on how long.

They never say when the last bosses will unlock. Just that the first 8 will be the only ones available the first week of the raid.

For all we know, they’ll stagger it massively to help make 9.2 last longer for the 10.0 release to be released later.

For instance:

Week 1: Nothing
Week 2: Normal/Heroic up to Anduin
Week 3: Mythic up to Anduin, LFR First 3
Week 5: LFR Up to boss 6
Week 7: LFR Up to ANduin
Week 8: Normal/Heroic last 3.
Week 9: Mythic Last 3
Week 10/11: LFR Last 3.

We don’t know when the last 3 bosses will be out.

1 Like

True. My statement is assuming that the last three unlock the second week of raid.

Yes, exactly. After going to the Shadowlands, imagine going back to Azeroth and being faced with Hogger 2.0? Storywise it seems silly.

I’d be down for it though xD

2 Likes